The Ford Edge has been discontinued

enigma-2

Not really, but looks like it won't be available until September (due to COVID-19).

When will the 2021 Ford Edge be available in the market?

As the COVID-19 pandemic has hit the auto industry badly, Ford's plan to release the 2021 Edge in the fall of 2020 seems unlikely. Hence, expect the updated 2021 Ford Edge to be released around September.

https://www.carindigo.com/news/2021-ford-edge-review-trims-prices-towing-capacity-features-and-rivals-comparison

Edited by enigma-2
Rewrite

Talked to my local dealer today and they have been told March, 2021. Plant was/is closed due to COVID-19. 

Dealer was also told March for the F150 and they got one last week with a couple more coming this week. (Certain models, others still no information as to when. Don't remember which as no interest).

They also said they talked to their rep last week and he didn't have any information as to when the plant would start shipping either the Edge or Nautilus. 

Did try to push the 2020s on the lot. (smile)

I know Oakville was closed last spring for several weeks, may have been what the sales agent was referring to. 

Inasmuch as they are still building 2020s, that would explain the push back of thr 2021 models. Thanks for the info. 

I'm more interested in the Nautilus but agent had no info on lincoln, only Edge. 

29 minutes ago, enigma-2 said:

I know Oakville was closed last spring for several weeks, may have been what the sales agent was referring to. 

Inasmuch as they are still building 2020s, that would explain the push back of thr 2021 models. Thanks for the info. 

I'm more interested in the Nautilus but agent had no info on lincoln, only Edge. 

Dates are the same for edge and nautilus.  Job 1 1/25/2021.

• 2 months later...

Was at local dealer today, only had 2020's in stock. Having major problems getting 2021 Nautilus. (Did have a 2021 Mustang on the floor. Think it was called "Puke Orange". Oh my lord what a ugly car. Ugly, ugly, ugly). Production started in March, way behind schedule. 

Anyway, still no Nautilus,  .... but willing to "take my name and call me when one comes in". 

Edited by enigma-2

The Edge has not been discontinued.

Edge's (Nautilus's too, obviously) and F-150's are piling up outside of the factories because they are missing certain semiconductors.  Once Ford gets and installs them, these vehicles will be shipped to dealers.

So glad my wife vetoed the 2021 big screen, we got a tremendous deal on the 2020 ST, got it without the 401A package (there is no Cold Weather Package for 2021, so to get the heated steering wheel the 2021 forces 401A on you and we hate sunroofs).  Not to mention we still would not have a car and we've been driving the 2020 for almost 4 months now.

On 3/25/2021 at 1:37 PM, todd92 said:

Edge's (Nautilus's too, obviously) and F-150's are piling up outside of the factories because they are missing certain semiconductors.  Once Ford gets and installs them, these vehicles will be shipped to dealers.

So glad my wife vetoed the 2021 big screen, we got a tremendous deal on the 2020 ST, got it without the 401A package (there is no Cold Weather Package for 2021, so to get the heated steering wheel the 2021 forces 401A on you and we hate sunroofs).  Not to mention we still would not have a car and we've been driving the 2020 for almost 4 months now.

I will add, I have never been fond of sunroofs and skylights. But, I actually am fond of the panoramic vista roof in my ST. 

Alas, I do not ever open it, just having the option of views and extra sunlight, certainly helps. Even more so as I am working from home. So, when I do go for a drive, I do not 'feel like I am still in my home office, coped up'. 

On 3/25/2021 at 10:37 AM, todd92 said:

The dealer in Apache Junction, Az up until a week or two ago had a 2020 with 400A and 360 option for 35K and change, which was a great deal in my book. We got a 2020 dealer service loaner last summer with 1500 miles on it for 34K and change, however it did not have the 360 option(Nav, adaptive cruise and other things).