Report your new 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX delivery here!

LIVIO

Have you received your new 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Please select either one only if you have taken delivery of your new 2011!

At the beginning of each model year, the Ford field manager will encourage dealers to place their initial orders. The order guides have suggested configurations and many dealers will just order the suggested inventory to make sure they have something in the system. When a retail order comes along, it may be too late to prioritize the retail order ahead of the stock orders, so the stock units get built first. Many sales personnel don't know what has been ordered or where an order stands in the process so they repeat something they heard or believe about the processes that may be only half true.

You kinda have to know the right questions to ask when you order if you want a better understanding of build and delivery timing for your vehicle - and only the dealership has all the answers (not the CRC.)

I got my new '11 Edge Limited AWD on Monday in Kona blue w/stone int. Love the car so far! It rides, handles, brakes, and does pretty much everything A LOT better than my '08 Edge Limited did. That one was Dk Ink Blue w/stone int....what can I say, I don't like change very much. So far I've only had one issue with the new one and its with the MyTouch system. It seems kind of slow to respond to your touch commands. And every so often it gets "confused" and tries to show multiple screens superimposed on top of each other. And then this morning the screen suddenly locked up. Even the backup camera wouldn't activate. And when I turned the car off the screen stayed on. After starting & restarting the car a couple of times the screen went black and the MS Sync logo appeared and it said "performing routine system maintenance." After that it seemed to be ok. We'll see as the days go foward. I'll report back with any other issues.

I got my new '11 Edge Limited AWD on Monday in Kona blue w/stone int. Love the car so far! It rides, handles, brakes, and does pretty much everything A LOT better than my '08 Edge Limited did. That one was Dk Ink Blue w/stone int....what can I say, I don't like change very much. So far I've only had one issue with the new one and its with the MyTouch system. It seems kind of slow to respond to your touch commands. And every so often it gets "confused" and tries to show multiple screens superimposed on top of each other. And then this morning the screen suddenly locked up. Even the backup camera wouldn't activate. And when I turned the car off the screen stayed on. After starting & restarting the car a couple of times the screen went black and the MS Sync logo appeared and it said "performing routine system maintenance." After that it seemed to be ok. We'll see as the days go foward. I'll report back with any other issues.

Hey Scott-08 Edge, congratulations on your 2011 Ford Edge Limited delivery! :bandance:

I guess your going to have to change your name to Scott-11 Edge. LOL..

Livio

I'm beginning to wonder if the MyFord Sync has the ability to update over the air or wifi.

Wait. That is how they install at the plant. They use wifi.

Scott, do you have your edge connected to your home network?

Does system get unresponsive when it's downloading a MicroSoft update over your home network? Just a thought.

Well, just to recap....we have a total of four 2011 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX delivery's to date.

We know that "Shredder" is from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and that "thebrave" is from Hannibal, Missouri, USA but...........

we don't know where the elusive "DrCpk" is from or our latest 2011 delivery "Scott-08 Edge" is from.

I think it's interesting to see which parts of Canada or the USA receive 2011 Edge's or MKX's.

You can clearly see that some people have 2011 Ford Edge's that have been built in July or as in my case early August and we are still waiting for them.

This is getting to be both exciting, interesting and a bit of a pain as well so hopefully the wait will be worth it.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Livio :stats:

I saw two '11 Edges today; one had a dealership frame around the plate so im assuming it was just a normal order. The other did not have a plate frame, so it might be a Ford lease, but I didn't get a look at the exp. tag to tell. My Edge was ordered a while back, its a Ford Management lease, and sill no word on when its coming down from Canada.

Here are the photo's..............beat you to it!

I took photo's of a red MKX as well.

Livio :shades:

thanks Livio, i have been trying several times to attach my photo's and it would just hang wen the status bar was full.....glad u got to it....really nice! I also for the first time saw`a limited onthe road!..wanted to turn around and follow it :redcard:

Here I am, within a week or two of taking delivery of my new 2011 Edge and I finally saw my first one in person today.

As lame as the local auto show is, I go every year to see what's new. This year it was doubly important for me because I knew I was going to get a new vehicle of some kind later in the year. The auto show was in March. But this year of all years I had shoulder surgery the week of the show and I couldn't make it. So when I started my search - it's been an ongoing thing, really for about a year - I decided on the Edge, mainly because of the 2011 makeover and the cool tech. I contacted my old friend at the Ford dealership (geez, we hadn't talked in about 30 years :poke:!!) and we did the deal a few days later, me still not having even seen one. This was in July.

I told myself I wouldn't sit in one until it was mine, but curiosity got the better of me and I stopped by a local dealership. (My dealer is 50+ miles away.) They had three: one red, one white, one blue; had sold two others this week. Unfortunately, they were in their below parking deck and it was kinda dark. I was able to see the basics. I did not turn the key press the start button and did not drive. I feel like I've betrayed my own car even before I've seen her.:o

Hello everybody,

Congratulations to our new edge 2011 owners !!

I will have mine the 17th of september and i can t wait !!

I would like to know what is your average mpg with your new edge limited awd 2011 even if you have only 300 km on it.

Thanks.

Ron

Greetings everyone!

I took delivery of my new 2011 Ford Edge Limited AWD yesterday in Las Vegas. I ordered it end of April. It is white platinum with sienna interior. It is beyond expectations! This will be a fun learning experience! There are so many bells and whistles. I may need a co-pilot for a week or two. Cannot wait to drive the Pacific Coast Highway with the vista roof open! Must get back to reading the manuals!

pat

Greetings everyone!

I took delivery of my new 2011 Ford Edge Limited AWD yesterday in Las Vegas. I ordered it end of April. It is white platinum with sienna interior. It is beyond expectations! This will be a fun learning experience! There are so many bells and whistles. I may need a co-pilot for a week or two. Cannot wait to drive the Pacific Coast Highway with the vista roof open! Must get back to reading the manuals!

pat

Hey congratulations Pat (pmc47)! :cheerleader:

Always have fun in Las Vegas. Enjoy your new ride!

Livio

I got an update on 8/31/10 that my 2011 Edge Limited was "in Production". I just called today and they said that it IS BUILT as of today and is scheduled to a ramp for 9/13/10. Does anyone know how long it takes to ship once it is scheduled to a Ramp? I am in Cleveland Ohio, in case that makes a difference. Also I think that someone had said on here that they were able to get the tracking information for the rail company and were able to track it much like when you use UPS or FedEx. Is this something that my dealer should be able to provide me?

I got an update on 8/31/10 that my 2011 Edge Limited was "in Production". I just called today and they said that it IS BUILT as of today and is scheduled to a ramp for 9/13/10. Does anyone know how long it takes to ship once it is scheduled to a Ramp? I am in Cleveland Ohio, in case that makes a difference. Also I think that someone had said on here that they were able to get the tracking information for the rail company and were able to track it much like when you use UPS or FedEx. Is this something that my dealer should be able to provide me?

My car was produced last week on Wed, 9/1. On Fri, 9/3 I was told by CRC that it had been released to Autoport, but still in Oakville with no ETA. I dug around a bit and found that it travels by CN rail to Toledo, then switches to Norfolk Southern (at least to come to the Atlanta area where I am). Just now CRC told me it was in Michigan (I assume heading toward Toledo), but still did not have an ETA. She told me the dealer could now provide further details. Not sure if it would stay on a rail to Cleveland (it's only, what, 90 miles?) or get trucked. I know of no UPS-like tracking available to customers. That'd be sweet!

There was one guy at my dealership that told me he is able to track the exact location of the car once it is on the train.

I'm looking forward to buggin that guy in the next couple of weeks

I'm in St. louis and Saturday I ordered a burgundy SEL, 202A with nav. No BAMR because of cost and seeing some of the problems reported on this forum.

They had 3 in stock, a burgundy, Kona blue and some sort of other blue (teal?). One was Limited, 2 SEL and all had the BAMR.

Sales guy said 6-8 weeks but I'm not counting on it.

I haven't gotten my Edge yet... but it's getting closer! I'm in St Louis too! (Well really Chesterfield) but for those playing at home we'll say St. Louis Missouri.

It was built 8/31, was sent offsite to the upfitter for the cargo package I ordered on 9/1. It was put on a train Friday last week and arrived at 3am this morning at the distribution center for Norfolk-Southern in Wentzville MO.

I was able to track it once it was passed from CN (Canadian National Railways) to Norfolk-Southern by the railcar # that was given to me by cyberdman on the Blueovalforum.

For those of you waiting anxiously as I am you can go to this link.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

Start a new thread with your VIN, ask nicely and cyberdman will give you an update if one is available. You must ask nicely... I've seen threads that he ignores if he thinks you are rude. He's doing it on his own time so be patient.

My ETA still shows 9/13 but since it's already at the distribution center which is only 20 miles from my dealer I'm hoping to get it this week. :hyper:

I haven't gotten my Edge yet... but it's getting closer! I'm in St Louis too! (Well really Chesterfield) but for those playing at home we'll say St. Louis Missouri.

It was built 8/31, was sent offsite to the upfitter for the cargo package I ordered on 9/1. It was put on a train Friday last week and arrived at 3am this morning at the distribution center for Norfolk-Southern in Wentzville MO.

I was able to track it once it was passed from CN (Canadian National Railways) to Norfolk-Southern by the railcar # that was given to me by cyberdman on the Blueovalforum.

For those of you waiting anxiously as I am you can go to this link.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

Start a new thread with your VIN, ask nicely and cyberdman will give you an update if one is available. You must ask nicely... I've seen threads that he ignores if he thinks you are rude. He's doing it on his own time so be patient.

My ETA still shows 9/13 but since it's already at the distribution center which is only 20 miles from my dealer I'm hoping to get it this week. :hyper:

Hello,

Thanks for the info, I was so excited to ask only not to be able to post because it is protected. How do I post. My dealer has been absolutely no help to me and I don't want to sound like I'm stalking them,,,,,could you please aks for me????? pretty please...I can read the posts but not if log on...i get this error, that i'm not allowed to enter,. I read all he needs is a dealer number and a cust number...

mine is

Dealer # 111081

cust# 83712

I would appreciate any feedback! or info how I can get in myself!!

Thanks in adavance

ddp

Edited by ddp68

Hello,

Thanks for the info, I was so excited to ask only not to be able to post because it is protected. How do I post. My dealer has been absolutely no help to me and I don't want to sound like I'm stalking them,,,,,could you please aks for me????? pretty please...I can read the posts but not if log on...i get this error, that i'm not allowed to enter,. I read all he needs is a dealer number and a cust number...

mine is

Dealer # 111081

cust# 83712

I would appreciate any feedback! or info how I can get in myself!!

Thanks in adavance

ddp

Hello,

Same thing for me i cannot enter.

Here my informations :

Dealer : 41499

Serial number of my Edge : 2FMDK4KC1BBA06140.

Thank you so much for your help.

Ron

Hello,

Same thing for me i cannot enter.

Here my informations :

Dealer : 41499

Serial number of my Edge : 2FMDK4KC1BBA06140.

Thank you so much for your help.

Ron

Hi Ron,

For whatever reason, the accounts don't cross between the fordedgeforum and the blueovalforum. I found that out when I tried to login one time. So I just duplicated my account at blueovalforum.

FYI the guy cyberdman is out of the office until Friday so you'll have to wait on any updates.

I would post a thread for you but since he's already tracking mine I don't want to press my luck.

Luvford