Report your new 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX delivery here!

LIVIO

Have you received your new 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Please select either one only if you have taken delivery of your new 2011!

Hi Ron,

For whatever reason, the accounts don't cross between the fordedgeforum and the blueovalforum. I found that out when I tried to login one time. So I just duplicated my account at blueovalforum.

FYI the guy cyberdman is out of the office until Friday so you'll have to wait on any updates.

I would post a thread for you but since he's already tracking mine I don't want to press my luck.

Luvford

I tried to duplicate my account but it still didn t work.

I don t know why but you ask him for me please

thanks

ron

thanks

ron

Consider Twitter as a way to contact ford.

I am very pleased with the folks at @FordCustService.

Even though they haven't given me the status I want (shipped), I am still very happy with them.

All of our messages are done via private twitter messages

" It was built 8/31, was sent offsite to the upfitter for the cargo package"

"offsite to the upfitter"????????

Since when does Ford outsource the simple installation of a bumper shield, floor mat and cargo cover.

Does not sound right, but who knows.

I wonder if something is on back order. I will be having the cargo package installed...this week??

thanks

ron

Hi Ron,

Go back to the email they sent you, and click the 2nd link way down at the bottom of the page.. The first link you click just brings you back to the site....it's the 2nd link that actually gives you access.. like me, you were too quick and did not read the email.. :banghead:

Edited by ddp68

After 1 year of waiting,

I finaly took delivery today at 7pm of my new 2011 EDGE Limited FWD. For those who want to know. I ordered on may 14th, the dealer reordered on july 19th. They serialized my Edge on 8-16, truck was built 8-30 and took delivery today. Will post pictures tomorow. One think I like very much so far is the cruise control, i don't have the radar option, but when you set the cruise the speed show just under the tank level and you can increase an lower easily.

Very please so far...realy good car....

Thanks

PAT

After 1 year of waiting,

I finaly took delivery today at 7pm of my new 2011 EDGE Limited FWD. For those who want to know. I ordered on may 14th, the dealer reordered on july 19th. They serialized my Edge on 8-16, truck was built 8-30 and took delivery today. Will post pictures tomorow. One think I like very much so far is the cruise control, i don't have the radar option, but when you set the cruise the speed show just under the tank level and you can increase an lower easily.

Very please so far...realy good car....

Thanks

PAT

Many congratulations not only to you Pat but also to "Slimpy" as I see he responded to my poll that he received his as well.

As for mine and after all that crap that I went through yesterday...........my 11 Edge showed up on my Ford dealers inventory list this morning.

Congrats everyone!

Livio

Edited by LIVIO

UPDATE #2 from Hannibal, MO

Navigation SD card showed up as result of special order from Ford this afternoon (missing on my Edge), installed in less than 1 minute and is working perfectly. No other problems that I have discovered. Earlier questioner: After about 320 miles of mixed driving (70% highway, 30% city), looks about 21.4 MPG. I gauge it about 1 MPG better than the old V-6 Edge. Mostly impressed with the quiet interior, nice firm ride, and ease of use on MyTouch.

Hope your new Edge gets to you quickly.

Oh man! I don't believe this.

I was looking pretty good. My Edge got produced on 9/1 and released to the transport company on 9/3. My dealer's been charged for it (typical when officially 'shipped') and it shows up on their inventory. So far, so good.

The CN train routes from Oakville to Toledo, OH where it gets picked up by NS and heads to Atlanta. But it hasn't made it to Toledo!

Turns out at a routine station stop in Flatrock, MI - about halfway between Detroit and Toledo - routine inspection found a mechanical problem with the railcar my Edge is on. Dunno what that problem is, just know that the cargo is OK. (Ha! Cargo!) Of all the railcars, mine gets loaded on a failcar. It's been there for two days already and CN support (very nice guy, btw) sez it may be another couple days before it gets moving again. Damn! Sit. Wait.

:cry:

Well my Edge is "In production" and "released to plant" It has a scheduled production date of today. It also says that it is scheduled to a ramp for 9/13/10. What does it mean when it is scheduled to a ramp? Does it usually sit there for a while before it ships? Also it is being shipped by Convoy so my hope is that it will ship from the plant faster since it will only have to wait for 1 truck load rather than 1 train load to be finished and loaded. Does anyone happen to know how everything works when it is at this point?

Well my Edge is "In production" and "released to plant" It has a scheduled production date of today. It also says that it is scheduled to a ramp for 9/13/10. What does it mean when it is scheduled to a ramp? Does it usually sit there for a while before it ships? Also it is being shipped by Convoy so my hope is that it will ship from the plant faster since it will only have to wait for 1 truck load rather than 1 train load to be finished and loaded. Does anyone happen to know how everything works when it is at this point?

My sticker said Convoy too, but it is currently on a train somewhere. Just an FYI.

Hi everyone.....

Here's some pic's....freshly washed....This is by far one of the best car I ever got.....some small issue with the Sync but for the rest Awsome job people from Oakville...

Wow!, what a nice Edge! thanks for the pics. By the way, what is the small issue with Sync? I hope it's not too bad, I'm really looking forward to my new Edge with Sync.

thanks

Hi everyone.....

Here's some pic's....freshly washed....This is by far one of the best car I ever got.....some small issue with the Sync but for the rest Awsome job people from Oakville...

So awesome! so very jealous... I am starting to wonder if I can take three more weeks till mine is supposed to be here.... :banghead:

But enjoy and keep us informed on how you like it.

Congrats on your delivery! Your car looks absolutely fantastic, it really does.

I am also curious about your Sync issues, what are they and will they be getting fixed? Seems like many owners be it Edge or MKX are commenting on troubles with Sync and my touch which is a little concerning.

My question, is Ford being made aware of all the different issues people are having by either the owners or dealers? Is someone reporting them so they get fixed now and are not there on future builds?

I am just about ready to order, actually the exact same setup as Controleur2001 but these sudden issues make me hesitate as many people don't like buying a car on it's first year of retooling.

Tony

Edited by Dreamss

Hi everyone.....

Congrats Controleur2001, Beautiful.

If you get a chance can you take a picture from the drivers seat towards the back lift gate. I would really like to see a picture of the rear speakers. It is never really shown in any demo or pics that I have seen. It looks like something in on the outrights.

Also the black looks like a flake paint, not just a solid black. At least it looks like that in the light on the pics. Very nice.

About the sync. go to syncmyride.com and check out what version number they show for sync for you currently. then check for updates. you can field install the 10.3 AE update yourself with a thumb flash drive. It may resolve your issues. They dont detail what the modifications are on that flash upgrade, but my vehicle was built on 8/30 and there is already one upgrade available (AE).

Good luck.

Congrats on your delivery! Your car looks absolutely fantastic, it really does.

I am also curious about your Sync issues, what are they and will they be getting fixed? Seems like many owners be it Edge or MKX are commenting on troubles with Sync and my touch which is a little concerning.

My question, is Ford being made aware of all the different issues people are having by either the owners or dealers? Is someone reporting them so they get fixed now and are not there on future builds?

I am just about ready to order, actually the exact same setup as Controleur2001 but these sudden issues make me hesitate as many people don't like buying a car on it's first year of retooling.

Tony

Hi again,

First hope you will forgive, like I stated before my English mistakes....The 2011 is by far one of the best car I ever owned. I was looking between the Mercedes GLK350 and the Acura MDX when I took a trip with a friend who owns a 2010 MKX...love the car so much I start last year to look for my first American car in decades ( my last US made car was a 1995 Jeep Cherokee). Since I'm also Canadian, I was pleased to know the EDGE as the MKX is made here in Oakville. So I ordered on May 14th my Edge Limited FWD.

I took delivery Thuesday, so far the vehicle is simply Awsome. Improvement for quality material and ergonomics over 2010. Few things I was really impressed by the quality of the custumer service at Oakville from Johanne who was always kind and professional every time I called to know when I would expect my truck. The other thing I was impress when I took the Edge is the paint. Wow realy impressive. Sound and handling is also 10/10. Nothing to say and I drove BMW and Mercedes before. Just a little wind noise from the window on highways, beside that the new Edge is a temple and a shrine for quietness.

Ok, As for the Sync issue. First I can't find the web browser in the system. I was told we could surf on the internet with the 8inch screen. I can't hook the wi-fi on my network. I see my router but can't connect with the sync....I also own a Iphone 4 and can't also connect or tethering with it.

Also, Sync is slow...ok we are now use to Smart phones and ipads, but sometimes the screen go crazy and when you want to go back to a previous menu it go back to the main menu.....I also have a minor issue with the Nav system, maps are really outdated. My house was built in 2005 and still no street on the sd card. I found a thing strange to, my sync is set in French, but when the lady voice announce a coming street with the nav system the mesure are in imperial (like in 1/4 of a mile turn left) but all my settings are in metric....weird....found no place to fix that.

And finally, I have over 500 songs in my Iphone, when I play some mp3 not all the pics of the albums show on screen...some do some don't....even if all my song have album covers in my phone.

One last thing, I'm afraid the power lift gate won't last long...when I open it, it wiggle and make strange noise...will report that to my next service....

But don't be afraid to buy this all the sync problems will be fix with the next update.....I'm sure....

So hope I didn't destroy Shakespeare heritage.....

Thanks, keep hope for those waiting to take delivery, worth the wait.