Report your new 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX delivery here!

LIVIO

Have you received your new 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Please select either one only if you have taken delivery of your new 2011!

Jgilles, thanks for clarifying.

Sorry Tom, didn't realize that's what you were talking about.

No, I didn't bring a camera with me and although I did have my phone with me that can take photo's I unfortunately didn't take any.

I was so concerned that maybe I shouldn't really be there and that security might ask me to leave that I didn't think about it.

My goal that day was to simply see if I could find any 2011's sitting there and specifically see if I could find a black 2011 Ford Edge Sport.

As it turned out I found one fenced in area first that had about 60 to 80 2011 Ford Edge's and Lincoln MKX's. Although the gate to this area was open I didn't dare go in the area as I do respect rules and understand that it was an area that I'm sure they didn't want the public in. I don't know why it was left open and unmanned but it was.

Anyway, I was almost about to leave when I decided to search a little deeper which I am glad I did because that's when I found the motherload of 2011 Edge's and MKX's sitting there again behind a fenced in area just beside the plant. Well I finally found a Black Sport sitting just beside the fence line which is just beside the small two lane roadway.

I am planning on taking another trip out there this weekend just to see if they are all still sitting there or if it appears that some of have been shipped or not. I will bring my camera with me and hopefully I can take some photo's without anyone from Ford having a problem with it. I consider myself fortunate to simply be able to drive around the plant as I did that day and could probably do again without breaking any rules, etc. I will even try to ask permission if I can however they are all there in the open and I really don't think they would have a problem with it.

Livio

Well, here are the pics that everyone has been waiting for!

Ten photo's fresh from the Ford Oakville Assembly Plant where you can see rows and rows of 2011 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX's!

Enjoy everyone.

Livio :camera:

post-9537-052452900 1282501364_thumb.jpg

post-9537-026200500 1282501390_thumb.jpg

post-9537-023636700 1282501413_thumb.jpg

post-9537-072098900 1282501440_thumb.jpg

post-9537-081894100 1282501471_thumb.jpg

post-9537-028782400 1282501492_thumb.jpg

post-9537-009852800 1282501518_thumb.jpg

post-9537-027709400 1282501556_thumb.jpg

post-9537-007455700 1282501584_thumb.jpg

post-9537-070844800 1282501611_thumb.jpg

Edited by LIVIO

Thanks Livio!!

They look like they are in the final WASH Cycle. I guess once the drier is done with them, they can start to ship them.

It is really a site to see, and I am glad that I am all the way down in south florida, because I would be going nuts if I could see my car sitting behind a fence with no access to it. Hopefully the cars will get out of detention soon. I need mine here.

Thanks again for the hope uplift.

Thanks for the photos Livio,

I noticed that most cars had the front license bracket installed. Some of them didn't.

I wonder what the criteria is for installing them?

Front tags are not required in KS so I hope they don't install the bracket on mine. It screws up the whole front end.

I would guess if they really know what they are doing, they would only pre-install the Plate Bracket, if shipping to a state that requires front plates. I live in NC, and we only have rear plates, so I would not want it either. Akirby?

• Like 1

I would guess if they really know what they are doing, they would only pre-install the Plate Bracket, if shipping to a state that requires front plates. I live in NC, and we only have rear plates, so I would not want it either. Akirby?

Not sure - I don't work for Ford or a dealer. We don't have front plates in GA and all of the vehicles I've seen are shipped without the front holder installed. The dealer puts it on.

• Like 1

Not sure - I don't work for Ford or a dealer. We don't have front plates in GA and all of the vehicles I've seen are shipped without the front holder installed. The dealer puts it on.

Hi guys, I was trying to reply to the last 3 post at the same time and I ended up doing something else with that number above where it says Multiquote so I have no idea what I did or how to change it.

Anyway, we need front plates here in Ontario so I would think that if a Ford vehicle is sold to a Province or State that needs them then they will install the front bracket. If the vehicle in question has been sold to a Province or State that doesn't require front plates they won't bother installing the license plate bracket.

Livio :stats:

Edited by LIVIO

I drove home my new Black MKX Limited Edition today!! I'm pretty excited...

Hey Shredder, congratulations! :yahoo:

Your the very 1st new 2011 Lincoln MKX delivery| :bowdown:

Now, I hope you decide to post some pics of your new ride for all of us to see. :lurk:

Livio

Hello,

For those of you who have already received your 2011 Edge or got a built date, when did you guys order it?

I live in south Florida and I ordered mine one June 18th and every time I call the dealer they say that they haven't gotten any info yet and that I may not get it till October.

They told me my order number was 4802, not sure where this puts me...

If anyone has any info please share. Thank you

Hello,

For those of you who have already received your 2011 Edge or got a built date, when did you guys order it?

I live in south Florida and I ordered mine one June 18th and every time I call the dealer they say that they haven't gotten any info yet and that I may not get it till October.

They told me my order number was 4802, not sure where this puts me...

If anyone has any info please share. Thank you

Hello b2dac,

I am also in south florida. I ordered June 14th. I have my vin # and a build date of 8/30. No eta on shipping yet. What dealership did you place your order with. Do you have a copy of your order (paper copy of the config)? There should be a dealer number on that. You can call the CRC and give them the order number and dealer number and then they will see if you have a vin yet. They can also give you the status of the order, build date if there is one. If you dont have your papers, then call the dealership and ask them what their dealer number is. If it is Maroone or a large dealership with many stores then they might order all cars out of one centralized dealership. For example, my dealer is in Delray Beach (Maroone) but the order went out of Miami and will be directly delivered to Delray. So you should ask for the order dealership number too. If it is Maroone, then I can give you the number for Miami, just ask for it (i dont have it handy right now).

Once you have the Vin, you can pull the sticker up online. On the bottom of the page 1 of the sticker you will see a date at the bottom middle just under the bar code in the box to the right of the assembly plant Oakville (not the date all the way on the bottom of page 1 which is always todays date). I think that date is the day that the order was actually accepted by Ford and is officially in the "system". It can take some time from the order date to entry date to acceptance date.

I am not surprised they have no information for you. I get the same and now bypass them because waiting for answers just frustrates me, especially when they give the same information every time, namely "ummm".

CRC - 1-800-392-3673 then options 1,5,3,2

Maroone Miami Dealer number - F24002

hope this helps

Edited by mleber

Hey Shredder, congratulations! :yahoo:

Your the very 1st new 2011 Lincoln MKX delivery| :bowdown:

Now, I hope you decide to post some pics of your new ride for all of us to see. :lurk:

Livio

Thanks Livio!

Here it is sitting in my driveway...

post-10631-027652700 1282842339_thumb.jpegpost-10631-061038200 1282842353_thumb.jpegpost-10631-079561800 1282842369_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Shredder

Thanks Livio!

post-10631-027652700 1282842339_thumb.jpegpost-10631-061038200 1282842353_thumb.jpegpost-10631-079561800 1282842369_thumb.jpeg

Shredder...........very, very nice.....and a fellow Canadian as well! :party:

I hope you don't cause any accidents as your neighbours will be looking at your MKX and won't stop.....LOL... :redcard:

Livio

Edited by LIVIO

Thanks guys!

I'm pretty excited... although I didn't get much work done today since I spent most of the time showing off my new vehicle to co-workers.

The only thing that sucks right now is that the road to my parking lot at work is under construction and it's all gravel. My MKX is already all covered in dust... and it really shows on Black. Oh well...

Getting ready to drive home from work and I'm actually looking forward to be stuck in traffic!! :victory:

I drove home my new Black MKX Limited Edition today!! I'm pretty excited...

Hey Shredder, you may want to take a look on eBay as their is a guy selling a 2011 Lincoln MKX Launch DVD if your interested.

Here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-LINCOLN-MKX-LAUNCH-DVD-NEW-RARE-/110578655332?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item19bf006064

Livio :stats:

Thanks Livio!

Congrats, good luck with it. The only thing I don't like is the fake wood trim on the dash. I had a look at a pre-production 2011 Edge 3 or 4 months ago and the fake wood trim just made it look cheap, didn't really do it for me, oh well can't have everything my way but thats just me.. Any pics of the ass end?

Thanks

post-9541-089783600 1282960436_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1duFos