Report your new 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX delivery here!

LIVIO

Have you received your new 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Please select either one only if you have taken delivery of your new 2011!

Apple Valley Ford in MN (where I have my Edge Sport on order) has a Tuxedo Black SEL in the showroom right now. I almost died when I walked in and saw it. Tried out MyFord Touch, checked out the interior, took a peek at the LED running lights. All very very refined and incredibly cool. I also noticed that the turn signal activation is all digital, the clicks are produced via a speaker, the stem doesn't actually lock down or up, and there's a lane-change half-pull that will flash the signal three times then stop. Here's some pics I grabbed.

post-10263-074456700 1282970551_thumb.jpg

post-10263-005371200 1282970555_thumb.jpg

post-10263-055183300 1282970558_thumb.jpg

post-10263-071155000 1282970561_thumb.jpg

post-10263-032124900 1282970676_thumb.jpg

Edited by codyyfz

Apple Valley Ford in MN (where I have my Edge Sport on order) has a Tuxedo Black SEL in the showroom right now. I almost died when I walked in and saw it. Tried out MyFord Touch, checked out the interior, took a peek at the LED running lights. All very very refined and incredibly cool. I also noticed that the turn signal activation is all digital, the clicks are produced via a speaker, the stem doesn't actually lock down or up, and there's a lane-change half-pull that will flash the signal three times then stop. Here's some pics I grabbed.

Ā 

Ā 

Nice pics and info. Thanks

Hey DrCpk, tell us about your new 2011 Edge.

Ā 

You may be our first 2011 Ford Edge delivery as you have responded to the poll.

Ā 

Any details or pics would be great.

Ā 

Tell us all what ya got.

Ā 

Livio

Edited by LIVIO

Congrats, good luck with it. The only thing I don't like is the fake wood trim on the dash. I had a look at a pre-production 2011 Edge 3 or 4 months ago and the fake wood trim just made it look cheap, didn't really do it for me, oh well can't have everything my way but thats just me.. Any pics of the ass end?

Thanks

Ā 

That's aluminium trim on his MKX Limited edition. It's also what I ordered however at the time I wasn't able to see what it looked like. Now that I've glanced through the window of a Limited model it looks a bit garish to me.

Ā 

Also on the MKX, the wood package is real wood. Fake wood (plastiwood) is so prevalent these days that I wanted to avoid even the real wood in the MKX - hence the choice of "unique aluminium trim". Maybe a bit too unique though.

My dealer got 2 Edges in yesterday. A Tuxedo Black Limited and a Tuxedo Black SEL. So I went down there this morning to take the Limited for a spin.

Ā 

I almost passed out when I got there as they were unloading a Limited in Bordeaux Reserve Red Metallic. But it wasn't mine. :banghead:

Ā 

I took the Black Limited for a spin. The ride was so smooth and quiet! They had just taken the My Ford Touch out of Transportation mode and it would recognize any voice commands. Hopefully thats an easy fix.

Ā 

I'm hoping to get mine soon! I can't wait! :hyper:

I am getting my Bordeaux red limited around the end of September. If you get back - take pictures of the one there. I still have not seen the color other than on a computer monitor. I hope I love it as much as I think I will.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

We looked at another 2001 Ford Car that was Tuxedo Black at the dealer so we would see what the Edge's black was like. Any chance of your dealer having

the Bordeaux Red on another 2011 in their lot you could see. I believe that color will be beautiful but we went with black because I'm driving a bordeaux

colored Volvo now.

I am getting my Bordeaux red limited around the end of September. If you get back - take pictures of the one there. I still have not seen the color other than on a computer monitor. I hope I love it as much as I think I will.

Ā 

I will definitely go take some pictures. It was raining today and the car was covered with all the protective stuff on the doors so it wouldn't have been a great picture.

Ā 

I ordered the Bordeaux Reserve red with sienna leather interior after seeing the colors online. I was hoping I would love it and I do! It's an awesome dark burgundy color and I'm sure it will be even better with the sun shining on it.

Ā 

Hopefully it will be sunny tomorrow and they'll have it all shined up and I'll get to take some pictures.

I went with the black leather but the sienna looks nice too. My car will the first one my dealer gets, and the other dealer close to me says a month before they get theirs too - but they weren't sure what they were getting. There are still lots of the 2010's so probably waiting to order hoping to get rid of the old first. Sales spike here after the first snow fall so I would expect them to start showing up in October/November.

I went with the black leather but the sienna looks nice too. My car will the first one my dealer gets, and the other dealer close to me says a month before they get theirs too - but they weren't sure what they were getting. There are still lots of the 2010's so probably waiting to order hoping to get rid of the old first. Sales spike here after the first snow fall so I would expect them to start showing up in October/November.

Ā 

Mine was "supposed" to be the first one my dealer got. Now they have 4 and mine is still not one of them.

Ā 

They still say it's the only one they've ordered and that all the ones that have come in are sent by Ford. Not sure I believe that but what can I do.

Ā 

My car was built and as of yesterday was at the ramp wait to be put on a train. It's getting closer!

Mine was "supposed" to be the first one my dealer got. Now they have 4 and mine is still not one of them.

Ā 

They still say it's the only one they've ordered and that all the ones that have come in are sent by Ford. Not sure I believe that but what can I do.

Ā 

My car was built and as of yesterday was at the ramp wait to be put on a train. It's getting closer!

Ā 

Ford doesn't deliver any vehicles that a dealer doesn't order. That would, in fact, be illegal unless they're giving them away for free. They're yanking your chain.

Just got an update that my order status as of 8/31/10 is "In production" Does anyone know how long they usually have this status for? Also my dealer said that they got an update saying that there is a shortage of some part for all of the 2011's that might delay the overall production of the 2011's. Has anyone else heard anything like this or know what part it is that is in short supply?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

akirby was correct! We sat with the fleet manager for the dealership and ordered my 2011 Edge. The fleet manager orders every car for the dealership. They get to select the colors and all the options...trying to pinpoint what would sell best at their specific dealership. No dealer gets "whatever Ford sends them". See if you can talk to your fleet manager. Mine says he gets a report every Thursday which shows all his vehicles and what stage of production or shipping they are in. We are working only with our fleet manager and maybe I'm just lucky but he is absolutely on the ball...I think he is as excited as I am (well, maybe not!).

Hi All,

Ā 

Took delivery of my 2011 Edge this afternoon from Tom Boland Ford in Hannibal, MO. Originally a customer order dated April 1, this Edge was replaced with an identical dealer stock order as the factory rep. knew that order would be filled first. It is a Silver Limited AWD and looks exactly like the silver model in the 360 look on the Ford website. Spent about a half hour riding around, and sitting inside. Quieter ride than my 07 Edge. Haven't done any setup yet on the MyTouch. You can feel the extra 20 horses in the 30-40 MPH range during accelleration. Low end seems about like the older Edge, but smoother than the old transmission setup. That's it for now. Hope the nav and sync are easy to set up. More later.

Edited by thebrave

Hi All,

Ā 

Took delivery of my 2011 Edge this afternoon from Tom Boland Ford in Hannibal, MO. Originally a customer order dated April 1, this Edge was replaced with an identical dealer stock order as the factory rep. knew that order would be filled first. It is a Silver Limited AWD and looks exactly like the silver model in the 360 look on the Ford website. Spent about a half hour riding around, and sitting inside. Quieter ride than my 07 Edge. Haven't done any setup yet on the MyTouch. You can feel the extra 20 horses in the 30-40 MPH range during accelleration. Low end seems about like the older Edge, but smoother than the old transmission setup. That's it for now. Hope the nav and sync are easy to set up. More later.

Ā 

Ā 

Hey thebrave, many congratulations on your 2011 Ford Edge Limited delivery! :happy feet:

Ā 

Livio