2011 Edge/MKX My Touch and Sync Problems

akirby

Hello,

O.k. So I picked up my 2011 ford edge Sport AWD Fully Loaded on March 22, 2011.

I have yet to make my first payment. I have already contacted a lemon lawyer.

I am so disgusted on the money I paid for this car/truck and for how the system sync works.

I have had every issue others stated on posts. What seems to drive me crazy Is the system Simply just doesn't work! It stops working,doesn't respond and gets stuck.

I have been to the dealer twice. One of my main concerns is that the reverse camera stays on while my wife is driving.This is unsafe and totally unacceptable. Besides that,my drivers side window has a crack stretching from bottom "growing" to top of window. Dealer told me it's a recall.

On the reverse camera staying on.....Dealer says they cant find the problem..So I recorded it this time for them...

Here are some things we are experiencing:

- Sometimes system states no sd card (Yes the card is in )

-Radio station here on Long Island..like 106.1 doesn't come in or its static,and a few more.

- Cannot browse the system,It gets stuck

- Clock changes no matter what I do in settings ( yes I have fixed daylight,on and off and still the same.Dealer also has tried)

-Navigation...Forget it...System refuses to accept any voice commands

-screen goes away and comes back

-Brakes making grinding noise( This could be nothing,but with everything else screwing up? )

-when screen is on,I press buttons and besides the system lagging like a computer with a virus...It simply wont work.

-Also would like to say thank you to the moron that put the hazard light button where it is !

-system sometimes connects my phone (droid incredible) then when its on it wont work or disconnects it

-why doesn't the doors lock automatically? con wtf Im so sick ........I spent 42K on this car..

- sometimes bluetooth is off I get in car and it calls a number...This system does what it wants.

- while backing up the system performed a scheduled maintenance

P.S. I think its a nice car but to pay all this money especially for the technology and it doesn't work...No way ! Stay away from this car..search online for ford edge problems!

For every other edge owner,I would document everything,take videos,pics and keep your dealer service invoice and make sure they document what you brought it in for

Edited by MySyncSuks

Hello,

O.k. So I picked up my 2011 ford edge Sport AWD Fully Loaded on March 22, 2011.

I have yet to make my first payment. I have already contacted a lemon lawyer.

I am so disgusted on the money I paid for this car/truck and for how the system sync works.

I have had every issue others stated on posts. What seems to drive me crazy Is the system Simply just doesn't work! It stops working,doesn't respond and gets stuck.

I have been to the dealer twice. One of my main concerns is that the reverse camera stays on while my wife is driving.This is unsafe and totally unacceptable. Besides that,my drivers side window has a crack stretching from bottom "growing" to top of window. Dealer told me it's a recall.

On the reverse camera staying on.....Dealer says they cant find the problem..So I recorded it this time for them...

Here are some things we are experiencing:

- Sometimes system states no sd card (Yes the card is in )

-Radio station here on Long Island..like 106.1 doesn't come in or its static,and a few more.

- Cannot browse the system,It gets stuck

- Clock changes no matter what I do in settings ( yes I have fixed daylight,on and off and still the same.Dealer also has tried)

-Navigation...Forget it...System refuses to accept any voice commands

-screen goes away and comes back

-Brakes making grinding noise( This could be nothing,but with everything else screwing up? )

-when screen is on,I press buttons and besides the system lagging like a computer with a virus...It simply wont work.

-Also would like to say thank you to the moron that put the hazard light button where it is !

-system sometimes connects my phone (droid incredible) then when its on it wont work or disconnects it

-why doesn't the doors lock automatically? con wtf Im so sick ........I spent 42K on this car..

- sometimes bluetooth is off I get in car and it calls a number...This system does what it wants.

- while backing up the system performed a scheduled maintenance

P.S. I think its a nice car but to pay all this money especially for the technology and it doesn't work...No way ! Stay away from this car..search online for ford edge problems!

For every other edge owner,I would document everything,take videos,pics and keep your dealer service invoice and make sure they document what you brought it in for

Wish you were in Canada, I would join you in your fight, my entire car is worth trash right now. I brought my car in on Friday for 8 problems, 1 recall, and 1 TSB, i was grossed out by the number of problems i am having with it and like you said, i also paid almost 50k for this "thing". Half my problems they can't even fix, not to mention my lack of 4" screens which contain vital info which continue to shut down for days and after asking the dealer this Friday for an update on the fix, Ford still hasn't been able to find one...that sickens me.

The only thing i want right now is to get rid of this thing, i will be speaking with someone on my end as well regarding lemon laws as well. This car in my opinion needs to be taken off the road. Not everyone is facing problems, but the people that are, it's pretty severe and the risk is there for everyone.

I wonder who the first person i should call is in Canada about this??

Edited by Dreamss

[i was just at my local dealership yesterday getting my registration and plate for my 11 Edge SEL AWD. I asked the service department about the 2.7 update. I told them that I had some issues with my current version - 2.4. Issues like pressing the sync button and not getting a voice prompt (this has happened several times and also some slow screen response. I scheduled to have 2.7 installed next week when their "Sync tech" comes back from training. After hearing about navigation issues and other issues that are present with the 2.7 update, I am starting to wonder if I should keep that appointment.

Update

The Dealer cannot fix my car. The dealer said we are waiting for an update to fix these problems. I don't believe it ! My edge was built in March of this year?WTF

Anyways,I called Ford corporate and was told that they knew about these problems.I asked why I wasn't told before I bought the edge.There reply was "you should of been told" ( Deceptive & Dishonest ? )

well I can say I was happy with my dealer and They cant possibly know If every edge seems to have this problem.......I do think that I should of been made aware of the issue,and I would not have purchased the edge !

So now Im waiting for this update in "2 weeks" and I will go back to dealer for the 3rd time within 3 weeks. I have yet to make a first payment on it

What happens after 3 years????? when you are stuck with all this bull? and you have to pay for it??

If you are keeping your edge,and don't have problems like this......I would ask the dealer for an extended warranty to cover it..( FOR FREE )

ALSO.....When I called Ford,They offered me $200. to ease the pain.

P.S. that stupid clock changes all the time,no matter what the settings are!

Dreamss...

You should be documenting,recording everything....

Ford corporate telephone- Canada 1.800.565.3673 I would also contact the dealer mgr.

http://www.hg.org/law-firms/Lemon-Law/Canada.html

I've been lurking here for the last few weeks...basically said all there was to say and have just been reading the frustration of all the new buyers who are having problems with this car. Relatively speaking, my problems aren't nearly as severe as some, but even the smallest things really piss you off when you invest as much money as we have becasue we decided to 'spoil' ourselves with the latest technology. Well, I've decided to take the plunge and try the latest update. I'm dropping my car off for a Monday morning fix and they claim it should be ready by the end of the day. Here is my list of issues that I'm submitting to the dealership:

Repeatable Occurances:

The system itself usually takes a long time to initiate. Most times, I’ve backed out of my parking space, rolled down the driveway and am half way up the street (20 or more seconds) before the radio even comes on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The phone not staying connected is an absolute must fix... It pairs at start-up, but usually within a minute or two it will flash an alert on the screen saying that the phone disconnected. During my 20 minute commute to work, this happens an average of 6 times. The phone I am using is on the list as one of the ones that were tested and should work with the MKX/Edge. (VX8350)

Even when it is connected, when you make a call, the call goes through, but you cannot hear anything. After two or three tries, it may actually work like it should. But if you stay on a call too long, you’ll get disconnected anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The MP3 player (via the USB drive) is very inconsistent. It usually takes a long time to change to the next song. The music occasionally skips and/or stops and then advances to the next song for no reason.

No problem with live radio/Sirius

The climate control does not seem to work properly. I adjusted the temperature down to 60 degrees while the ambient temperature was in the high 70’s and the A/C (light) would not come on (while in auto). I had to manually activate the A/C in order to get cooled air. The compressor DOES seem to activate with the remote start, but NOT when you manually start the vehicle.

The driver’s seat takes an inordinate amount of time to heat up. By the time the driver can actually sense any warmth from the seat, the heater has already kicked in and started to warm the car, which pretty much defeats the entire purpose of the heated seat.

The navigation system (in highest magnification) freezes and won’t update until the car is stopped.

In the infotainment screen, the only options that appear are AM/FM, Sirius and CD. The USB(s), Memory card and A/V inputs do not appear (without some "massaging", ie, going back and forth through the menu)

Infrequent or Singular Occurances:

The automatic windshield wipers have been known to activate in dry conditions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The CD in the disk changer would pop out whenever I opened the door and then would return when the car was started. Lasted about 4 days and then went away.

I lost the letter “V” for two days. The letter was replace by an “underscore”. So I had a _olume control… _ehicle settings, and worst of all, Santana was now playing Oye Como _a.

The screen and radio did not shut off one time when the door was opened. I opted to just leave and let it run it's course. A few minutes later the car alarm went off. When I went back out, the screen said the fuel system had been shut down and the attempt to contact 911 failed.

System resets are still a common issue as well. Usually once a week.

The car itself seems to be a dirt magnet. Rain does not seem to wash away the dirt. Running it through your car wash would be a nice thing do, especially since I'm opting not to make the dealership supply me with a loaner vehicle... Just saying.

I've had the car for 2 months now and like most of you, am very disappointed with how all the gadgets work. I'll get back on here Monday night or Tuesday to report on the status of the latest upgrade.

I have a 2011 MKX that cost about $50k last September. I really hate when anything on my car doesn't work and you can imagine how unhappy I have been with the MyLincolnTouch problems. I have experienced many of the problems described on these forums. Every time I start the car, I don't know what is going to happen. Will I be on Sirius, USB, AM? It's anybody's guess. Will it detect my SD card and will I have Nav? It really is incredibly frustrating for me.

I was so disgusted, I contacted my local Acura dealer 2 weeks ago to see if I could trade it in an Acura MDX. (I previously had an RL and loved it). Of course a used 2011 Lincoln MKX is not listed on Edmunds or KBB for trade in value. My Acura dealer contacted three different Lincoln dealers to see what they would pay for the car. All three said they really don't want the car and the HIGHEST OFFER by a Lincoln dealer was $31,000 (for a 6 month old car that cost $50k with 7,500 miles on it). If the Lincoln dealers don't want them on their lots, we are doomed. We will be giving these cars away in 4-5 years when trading them in.

I have a 2011 MKX that cost about $50k last September. I really hate when anything on my car doesn't work and you can imagine how unhappy I have been with the MyLincolnTouch problems. I have experienced many of the problems described on these forums. Every time I start the car, I don't know what is going to happen. Will I be on Sirius, USB, AM? It's anybody's guess. Will it detect my SD card and will I have Nav? It really is incredibly frustrating for me.

I was so disgusted, I contacted my local Acura dealer 2 weeks ago to see if I could trade it in an Acura MDX. (I previously had an RL and loved it). Of course a used 2011 Lincoln MKX is not listed on Edmunds or KBB for trade in value. My Acura dealer contacted three different Lincoln dealers to see what they would pay for the car. All three said they really don't want the car and the HIGHEST OFFER by a Lincoln dealer was $31,000 (for a 6 month old car that cost $50k with 7,500 miles on it). If the Lincoln dealers don't want them on their lots, we are doomed. We will be giving these cars away in 4-5 years when trading them in.

How many updates have you had done so far? If you really want to get rid of it you'll have to sell it yourself? It would be hard for a dealer to sell a used one that is so close to the new ones so it's not surprising you got lowballed.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a good post. I have many of the same problems.

The main ones that I have in common are:

- MP3 Player is slow, some songs skip, and go to next track, now I have the problem where bluetooth and usb have no audio.

- I have had the auto wipers come on in dry conditions, for no reason

- occasional system resets, probably more like once every 2 weeks.

- in general the system is slow, which could be the cause to many of these problems. Not sure, but it seems much slower then it should.

My favorite system crash is when the windows error pops up and then goes away. nice to be reminded the system is made by microsoft. LOL

I guess I should go to the dealer one of these day's, I just don't have the time.

Dan

I've been lurking here for the last few weeks...basically said all there was to say and have just been reading the frustration of all the new buyers who are having problems with this car. Relatively speaking, my problems aren't nearly as severe as some, but even the smallest things really piss you off when you invest as much money as we have becasue we decided to 'spoil' ourselves with the latest technology. Well, I've decided to take the plunge and try the latest update. I'm dropping my car off for a Monday morning fix and they claim it should be ready by the end of the day. Here is my list of issues that I'm submitting to the dealership:

Repeatable Occurances:

The system itself usually takes a long time to initiate. Most times, I’ve backed out of my parking space, rolled down the driveway and am half way up the street (20 or more seconds) before the radio even comes on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The phone not staying connected is an absolute must fix... It pairs at start-up, but usually within a minute or two it will flash an alert on the screen saying that the phone disconnected. During my 20 minute commute to work, this happens an average of 6 times. The phone I am using is on the list as one of the ones that were tested and should work with the MKX/Edge. (VX8350)

Even when it is connected, when you make a call, the call goes through, but you cannot hear anything. After two or three tries, it may actually work like it should. But if you stay on a call too long, you’ll get disconnected anyway.

The MP3 player (via the USB drive) is very inconsistent. It usually takes a long time to change to the next song. The music occasionally skips and/or stops and then advances to the next song for no reason.

No problem with live radio/Sirius

The climate control does not seem to work properly. I adjusted the temperature down to 60 degrees while the ambient temperature was in the high 70’s and the A/C (light) would not come on (while in auto). I had to manually activate the A/C in order to get cooled air. The compressor DOES seem to activate with the remote start, but NOT when you manually start the vehicle.

The driver’s seat takes an inordinate amount of time to heat up. By the time the driver can actually sense any warmth from the seat, the heater has already kicked in and started to warm the car, which pretty much defeats the entire purpose of the heated seat.

The navigation system (in highest magnification) freezes and won’t update until the car is stopped.

In the infotainment screen, the only options that appear are AM/FM, Sirius and CD. The USB(s), Memory card and A/V inputs do not appear (without some "massaging", ie, going back and forth through the menu)

Infrequent or Singular Occurances:

The automatic windshield wipers have been known to activate in dry conditions.

The CD in the disk changer would pop out whenever I opened the door and then would return when the car was started. Lasted about 4 days and then went away.

I lost the letter “V” for two days. The letter was replace by an “underscore”. So I had a _olume control… _ehicle settings, and worst of all, Santana was now playing Oye Como _a.

The screen and radio did not shut off one time when the door was opened. I opted to just leave and let it run it's course. A few minutes later the car alarm went off. When I went back out, the screen said the fuel system had been shut down and the attempt to contact 911 failed.

System resets are still a common issue as well. Usually once a week.

The car itself seems to be a dirt magnet. Rain does not seem to wash away the dirt. Running it through your car wash would be a nice thing do, especially since I'm opting not to make the dealership supply me with a loaner vehicle... Just saying.

I've had the car for 2 months now and like most of you, am very disappointed with how all the gadgets work. I'll get back on here Monday night or Tuesday to report on the status of the latest upgrade.

This is a good post. I have many of the same problems.

The main ones that I have in common are:

- MP3 Player is slow, some songs skip, and go to next track, now I have the problem where bluetooth and usb have no audio.

- I have had the auto wipers come on in dry conditions, for no reason

- occasional system resets, probably more like once every 2 weeks.

- in general the system is slow, which could be the cause to many of these problems. Not sure, but it seems much slower then it should.

My favorite system crash is when the windows error pops up and then goes away. nice to be reminded the system is made by microsoft. LOL

I guess I should go to the dealer one of these day's, I just don't have the time.

Dan

Sooooo... 16 days and a new APIM later, I finally got my car back with V2.8. I really don't think there was anything wrong with my APIM before I took it in. Everything worked...just not as good as I thought it should. They tried to download software 44 times before they changed the module.

Unfortunately, the main problem I had with it still exists, that's the phone constantly disconnecting. But on the plus side, the calls that I make will actually connect the first time, unlike before the upgrade where it made the call, but neither party could hear each other.

There are some marginal improvements in climate control, MP3 music (by way of memory stick), initial start up of the system (used to take about 45 seconds for radio to come on), Nav system freezing when zoomed in all the way. I don't see any increase in the speed of the touch screen itself. Maybe mine was as fast as it gets before the upgrade.

Anyway, all in all, I'm still somewhat disappointed. I would really like to have a reliable phone.

Sooooo... 16 days and a new APIM later, I finally got my car back with V2.8. I really don't think there was anything wrong with my APIM before I took it in. Everything worked...just not as good as I thought it should. They tried to download software 44 times before they changed the module.

Unfortunately, the main problem I had with it still exists, that's the phone constantly disconnecting. But on the plus side, the calls that I make will actually connect the first time, unlike before the upgrade where it made the call, but neither party could hear each other.

There are some marginal improvements in climate control, MP3 music (by way of memory stick), initial start up of the system (used to take about 45 seconds for radio to come on), Nav system freezing when zoomed in all the way. I don't see any increase in the speed of the touch screen itself. Maybe mine was as fast as it gets before the upgrade.

Anyway, all in all, I'm still somewhat disappointed. I would really like to have a reliable phone.

Have you tried a different phone? If you changed the APIM and the software and the problem persists then logic would point to the phone itself. If you can find a different one to try that should confirm it.

Have you tried a different phone? If you changed the APIM and the software and the problem persists then logic would point to the phone itself. If you can find a different one to try that should confirm it.

It's the same phone I use in the wife's car (2008 Camry) and it works fine. Also pairs with wireless headset. I don't have another phone to try right now, but I agree with you...logic dictates...except for the 3,186 posts on these forums who happen to have similar problems.

One note of interest...after the update, the phone continued to disonnect, but the splash screen saying "no phone, trying to connect, etc" didn't come up anymore and I had to manually re-connect the phone. After two days, the notice started coming up again and the phone would re-connect by itself. The V2.8 update did seem to help the problems with playing MP3's through the memory stick and also the initial start up of the system. I also had climate control problems that seem to have also been rectified.

Also, after the update, when I made a call it went through on the first try. Now, it's back to where it completes the call, but neither party can hear each other. After 3 or 4 re-dials, the call will eventually go through. That absolutely sucks.

Edited by linkstur

Your logic looses me.

So, APIM & software were replace/updated. That doesn't rule out anything. The touch system is just plane stupid.

Edited by wilsons66604

Your logic looses me.

So, APIM & software were replace/updated. That doesn't rule out anything. The touch system is just plane stupid.

First, it's "plain" stupid, not plane.

Second, I didn't say it "ruled out" anything. I said logic would dictate an incompatibility with the phone since that was the only piece that had not been recently changed. The fact that it works on another car doesn't mean anything either.

The only way to be sure is to eliminate possibilities. There have been many reports of people having connectivity issues that were resolved by replacing the phone. It doesn't mean the phone itself is bad - it's just a compatibilty issue. OTOH if switching out the phone doesn't fix the problem then it points back to the Sync system.

I'm just trying to help with the troubleshooting. If someone said they had upgraded the software and changed phones and it still didn't work I would say it's most likely the APIM. It's logic, not cheerleading.

• 2 weeks later...

First, it's "plain" stupid, not plane.

Second, I didn't say it "ruled out" anything. I said logic would dictate an incompatibility with the phone since that was the only piece that had not been recently changed. The fact that it works on another car doesn't mean anything either.

No need for any hostility. I troubleshoot for a living so I'll take the liberty of making a few educated guesses.

Based on the sheer number of complaints from about four different forums I read on the MKX/Edge, it doesn't seem to matter what phone people are using...they all have identical problems. There is obviously a problem with the system. My phone works flawlessly outside the car. When it's in the car, even when I try to make a call using the phone, NOT the system, the same problem occurs. That pretty much tells me that the car's not right...NOT the phone. Since this problem is so aggrivating, I've spoken to a lot of people about it and noboby else seems to have a problem with their phones in a wide variety of different makes and models of vehicles which have very similar capabilities as the Ford system.

This really isn't rocket science. A simple $30.00 blue tooth headset works on virtually any blue tooth enabled phone reliably. My guess is that Ford tried to "enhance" the basis sync system (which works much better than the MyTouch system) using their in-house IT people instead of paying more money to MicroSoft. In the process, they screwed up the code and created all kinds of bugs that they didn't anticipate and are not cabable of fixing. I don't see any significant improvements to the system for about a year until they bring in some outside help and basically re-write the entire code and do some thorough testing on it, unlike what they released to us 'beta' users...

Just my opinion.

No need for any hostility. I troubleshoot for a living so I'll take the liberty of making a few educated guesses.

Based on the sheer number of complaints from about four different forums I read on the MKX/Edge, it doesn't seem to matter what phone people are using...they all have identical problems. There is obviously a problem with the system. My phone works flawlessly outside the car. When it's in the car, even when I try to make a call using the phone, NOT the system, the same problem occurs. That pretty much tells me that the car's not right...NOT the phone. Since this problem is so aggrivating, I've spoken to a lot of people about it and noboby else seems to have a problem with their phones in a wide variety of different makes and models of vehicles which have very similar capabilities as the Ford system.

This really isn't rocket science. A simple $30.00 blue tooth headset works on virtually any blue tooth enabled phone reliably. My guess is that Ford tried to "enhance" the basis sync system (which works much better than the MyTouch system) using their in-house IT people instead of paying more money to MicroSoft. In the process, they screwed up the code and created all kinds of bugs that they didn't anticipate and are not cabable of fixing. I don't see any significant improvements to the system for about a year until they bring in some outside help and basically re-write the entire code and do some thorough testing on it, unlike what they released to us 'beta' users...

Just my opinion.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

iPhone 4 and sync... Having tons of problems... I've taken to dealership for upgrade after upgrade now they say it's my phone.... I can make the call hear it over my speakers and when the person picks up they can't heat me at all....

Anyone else having issues???? HELP!

iPhone 4 and sync... Having tons of problems... I've taken to dealership for upgrade after upgrade now they say it's my phone.... I can make the call hear it over my speakers and when the person picks up they can't heat me at all....

Try a different phone and rule that out. If it happens to another phone, you can point that finger back at SYNC.

I have an iPhone 4 and working just fine

Is your iOS up to date?

Update: May 2011

So, I have been to the dealer 4 times.The updated the system the third time,but I still have the same issues...The told me to come back the 4th time to replace touch screen system but...But.....They dealer said they don't see anything wrong the 4th time.....

So I pick up my Edge from dealer and in their parking lot.....GUESS WHAT...its doing the same thing..So I showed the manager and she told me they cannot due anything and I would have to contact Ford.( I guess its a good thing I had that days morning paper and a video enabled phone for proof .

I did contact Ford and now Im stuck with a problem. A Ford corporate representative told me the update fixed most of the edge trucks,and she didn't know why it didn't fix mine. I asked her why she did not use the word "all" instead of "Most" trucks.......she couldn't answer!

ALSO...ADDING (btw,this might be normal..I think its crazy ) if my kid opens the back window. We will go Deaf from the noise and unbelievable pressure to our ears,but If you open a front window, it will go away.The Dealer says its normal,but it's still not right. What happens If i don't want my window open? and when my front seat goes back(Top Part ) It makes a gear breaking noise.

so aggravating! Ford also doesn't give a loaner car bc they said it's such an easy fix so 4 times I bring my car in and have to make arrangements for another car to go to work.

So now if it's my phone that's the problem what then??? I seriously doubt apple or Verizon will replace my phone bc it doesn't work with my Bluetooth!

Update: May 2011

So, I have been to the dealer 4 times.The updated the system the third time,but I still have the same issues...The told me to come back the 4th time to replace touch screen system but...But.....They dealer said they don't see anything wrong the 4th time.....

So I pick up my Edge from dealer and in their parking lot.....GUESS WHAT...its doing the same thing..So I showed the manager and she told me they cannot due anything and I would have to contact Ford.( I guess its a good thing I had that days morning paper and a video enabled phone for proof .

I did contact Ford and now Im stuck with a problem. A Ford corporate representative told me the update fixed most of the edge trucks,and she didn't know why it didn't fix mine. I asked her why she did not use the word "all" instead of "Most" trucks.......she couldn't answer!

ALSO...ADDING (btw,this might be normal..I think its crazy ) if my kid opens the back window. We will go Deaf from the noise and unbelievable pressure to our ears,but If you open a front window, it will go away.The Dealer says its normal,but it's still not right. What happens If i don't want my window open? and when my front seat goes back(Top Part ) It makes a gear breaking noise.

The issue with the back windows has happened to me with several SUVs so I don't see this as a problem, it's just physics

I am having ALL of these issues... and I have tried multiple phones! Two Blackberry's and a Droid. My car is currently running version 2.4 ( yes I know outdated already) about a month ago i brought it in to the dealer as my screen was rebooting with the "performing monthly maintence" crap. and my Bluetooth not connecting for over a week. They claimed they updated my software and when i got it back all seemed to have worked for a few weeks but 3 weeks in my screen went blank and again saw the montly maintence. M yblue tooth for the most part still works, but on occasion will disconnect and reconnect on its own. I snooped around and discovered i was still on 2.4. I finally called Ford Customer Care who informed me that version 2.10 was available for my Edge. I questioned why i wasn't notified of ANY of these updates being available and the woman had no response. My appointment is this Thursday.... fingers crossed!

I am having ALL of these issues... and I have tried multiple phones! Two Blackberry's and a Droid. My car is currently running version 2.4 ( yes I know outdated already) about a month ago i brought it in to the dealer as my screen was rebooting with the "performing monthly maintence" crap. and my Bluetooth not connecting for over a week. They claimed they updated my software and when i got it back all seemed to have worked for a few weeks but 3 weeks in my screen went blank and again saw the montly maintence. M yblue tooth for the most part still works, but on occasion will disconnect and reconnect on its own. I snooped around and discovered i was still on 2.4. I finally called Ford Customer Care who informed me that version 2.10 was available for my Edge. I questioned why i wasn't notified of ANY of these updates being available and the woman had no response. My appointment is this Thursday.... fingers crossed!

You should be mad at your dealer, not Ford. They're the ones who didn't give you the updated software a month ago. Some people aren't having any problems so notifying every owner every time there is a minor software update would just cause unnecessary work for the dealers. If you're having problems then you work with the dealer to get the updates as needed.

You should be mad at your dealer, not Ford. They're the ones who didn't give you the updated software a month ago. Some people aren't having any problems so notifying every owner every time there is a minor software update would just cause unnecessary work for the dealers. If you're having problems then you work with the dealer to get the updates as needed.

I am sorry, but i can't agree with you on this.... We pay thousands of dollars for these cars. We as a consumer should not accept anything less then a fully functioning car. My current version of 2.4 is a few updates behind. I can understand that going to 2.4 to 2.5 may not be necessary, but when ford or the dealers know theres THOUSANDS of people with issues... The least they can do is notify customers there's available updates especially when i am several updates behind whats current.. although not required updates.. they exist. It should be up to me if i want to take a day off of work to leave my car at a dealer basically stranded for a day because they refuse loaner cars. These are all policys from FORD, not the dealers themselves. Each Dealer would LOVE to have us come in every day for updates.... they get paid by FORD for all warranty work they do.