Is Anyone Satisfied With Their Edge?

The6thTemp

WWWPerfA_ZN0W...Mine is a FWD. Has just under 12,000 miles on it but I've had it for 22 months. Not sure about the tire pressure. What should they be? Should I go off of what it says in the doorway? I'm assuming the air filter is checked when I get the oil changed. I'll be getting the oil changed here in about a couple hundred more miles so I'll be sure and have it checked. They said the oil only needs to be changed every 5,000 miles but I usually get it around 4,000.

Thanks for your info. :)

Correct, tire pressures should be as specified on the door label (around 35 I think). Air filters last a good 2 years in good environmental conditions. But if you get a lot of dust/pollen/pollution, the filter can choke in a year or less! A quick test for pleated paper filters is to hold them up to bright light/sunlight when new and see how much light comes thru. Compare that a year later and you will see how much the filtering capacity has diminished. The dirt is not always visible to the naked eye at a glance.

I bought my 2014 SE AWD in June. I didn't need all the bells and whistles. The only thing I wish I had was the rear camera.

The ride is nice. Some complain about the firmness and road noise, it's not too bad with the 18" wheels. The pickup surprised me. It has enough "get up and go" to satisfy me. All in all, if you keep things in perspective and remember that this is a cross over and the ride height will affect the handling, you won't be disappointed. I wasn't and am actually quite happy with the purchase. The only thing I upgraded were the lights. The original ones had to go so I upgraded to HID's and now I can finally see. One of the best purchases I made. All I have to do now is see how she will handle this winter in the snow.

I have a 2013 Edge Sport and I can not even get 300 miles to a tank. This is my first SUV. But I am disappointed. Usually I can only go about 250 miles on a tank. I'm mostly city driving. Is the tank small or just bad MPG. Says I'm getting 17.6 average.

Make sure that you are actually starting with a full tank each time. Some Edges including my 2013 Limited will kick the auto-fill gas pump off every time with 2.5-3 gallons still being able to be pumped. I have to slowly squeeze in the last few gallons and the pump will still kick off 3, 4, or more times even slowly filling it. Done it since day one of purchase.

Compare your fuel used if you have that option in the settings with what you are actually putting in. Might be the reason for the low fuel range.

Make sure that you are actually starting with a full tank each time. Some Edges including my 2013 Limited will kick the auto-fill gas pump off every time with 2.5-3 gallons still being able to be pumped. I have to slowly squeeze in the last few gallons and the pump will still kick off 3, 4, or more times even slowly filling it. Done it since day one of purchase.

Compare your fuel used if you have that option in the settings with what you are actually putting in. Might be the reason for the low fuel range.

Thanks! Yes I always do. I usually add an additional $2 or so after it clicks off. Although my husband had heard that you shouldn't do that. Something about the vent. :shrug:

I have a 2013 Edge Sport and I can not even get 300 miles to a tank. This is my first SUV. But I am disappointed. Usually I can only go about 250 miles on a tank. I'm mostly city driving. Is the tank small or just bad MPG. Says I'm getting 17.6 average.

Hey P.A.,

Have you made an appointment with your Ford Dealer? Let me know and I'll look into various options on my end.

I bought my 2014 SE AWD in June. I didn't need all the bells and whistles. The only thing I wish I had was the rear camera.

The ride is nice. Some complain about the firmness and road noise, it's not too bad with the 18" wheels. The pickup surprised me. It has enough "get up and go" to satisfy me. All in all, if you keep things in perspective and remember that this is a cross over and the ride height will affect the handling, you won't be disappointed. I wasn't and am actually quite happy with the purchase. The only thing I upgraded were the lights. The original ones had to go so I upgraded to HID's and now I can finally see. One of the best purchases I made. All I have to do now is see how she will handle this winter in the snow.

Good morning J0J0,

When you're happy, I'm happy. Post a pic of your Edge, and check out Ford Social here.

Todd

I bought my 09 new a little over 5 years ago. It is a Limited Edition with the 20" fake chrome wheels, navigation and BAMR. It is the first vehicle I have ever bought that has had zero issues within the first year of ownership. I have owned new Hondas, Nissans, Mazdas and Lincolns but all had some issues (although most were minor).

I like the ride, it has minimal road noise and handles fairly well, especially for an SUV. Most important, it is comfortable.

I did have to replace two seals on the BAMR, but that was two years ago and replaced under warranty.

I will buy another Edge, probably in two years.

JMHO,

TW

When I think back to all my vehicles in the past, I will say that I have been the most happiest with the past 3 fords. I will admit that I have never had a perfect car, but I think it would be too much to ask. Each had their own nuances that you learn to live with, and as long as you are willing to adapt yourself to the car, rather that believing that the car should adapt to what you feel you want, then you'll be fine.

My Ford Explorer Sport was a great vehicle, but it did have it's issues with the blend door, so you had either full A/C or no A/C.. A few zip-ties and I made up a compromise that got me through the last 3 summers of it's life.

My Ford Escape felt like a move up in class and convenience, but you had to learn how to drive it as it was very twitchy with way too much torque at the low end that you could easily spin the tires at starting, but petered out above 50mph so you needed caution when overtaking.

This new 2013 Edge SEL is real nice in the comfort department. The car has loads of power, but fuel economy really suffers if you push the car to go. I have learnt to be more gentle with the pedal and can now get even 380-400 miles to a tank around the city. I didn't get that with my Escape. The MFT is rather a pain and will do strange things on it's own, but I have learnt how to coax it back to what I want. Sure there are far better cars out there, but I can't afford them, and value for dollar spent, I have a hard time to beat what I got.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased my second Ford edge. I had a 2009 Limited that I absolutely loved but I was concerned that there was the beginning of rust on the front hood and along the wheel wells and with over 100,000 miles, repairs would start getting expensive. I traded it in for a 2012 SEL and could not be happier. My last edge did not have the panoramic roof like this one. Cool feature though I'm worried that I will miss the roof rack. This one came with the tow package which I wanted. One owner before me and a great experience at Smith Ford in Cooperstown. This Edge seems quieter than my 2009 and currently is getting better gas mileage. My 2009 used to get ice/mud build up on the inside of the 20 inch wheels that made the car feel like it was going to shake apart. I had to take it into the dealer and have them put it up on a lift to scrape the ice and caked on mud off the inside of the wheel. I'm hoping the 18 inch wheels won't have the same problem. I do a lot of winter driving on pretty bad roads where they put a lot of salt and sand down. If they keep making the Edge as good as this, I'll keep buying one. I like all the bells and whistles, the heated leather seats (though my girls keep asking when they're going to heat the back seats), the MFT, etc. I rode in the back seat of a friends new Explorer the other day and swear that the edge had more leg room in the back. I like the look of the new Edge but I no longer buy new cars so I'll wait a few years and see how it fairs.