Is Anyone Satisfied With Their Edge?

The6thTemp

We are very satisfied with our 2013 Edge SEL. It is equipped with MFT and updated to 3.2.2. We traded to the Edge from a 2009 Mercedes C350. We've had the Edge for 3 months and have taken a few one tank trips. On the highway, I find that the Edge is quieter than the C-class. There isn't really anything I miss about the C-class with the minor exception that the C-class has an auto-dimming driver's side mirror. I use the turn-by-turn SYNC service and find it to be up to the task.

We were initially disappointed in the quality of the bluetooth phone connection, everyone we called complained about hearing loud background noise. We discovered that if we adjusted the volume using the radio volume control while we were talking in a phone conversation, we could set a volume that eliminated the background noise, (basically adjusting the microphone volume). It is no longer a problem.

I listen to Sirius, Pandora and TuneIn Radio, all of which work flawlessly. I have not found any gremlins or had issues with MFT. The voice recognition is superior to the system on the Mercedes, I very seldom have to repeat commands, but when she does misunderstand, hilarity ensues.

The power, mileage and build quality all seem to be well above average. The 'sound-screen' windshield works very well in eliminating wind noise at speed. The ride quality is quite good for a tall vehicle and visibility is excellent. The rear camera and sensors work very well and are great features. Mileage around town is about 17 mpg and highway travel at 65mph averages 27mpg, at 75mph+ it drops to about 24mpg. I like using regular gas instead of premium, which was required in the Mercedes. The slightly lower gas mileage of the Edge from the Mercedes is made up by the difference in gas prices.

I would recommend the Edge to anyone who is shopping for a quiet, comfortable all-around vehicle.

I've had my 2013 SEL for about two weeks now. I traded in a 2010 Nissan Murano. The Edge seems to have less wind and road noise than the Murano. I like the Nav and MFT on the Edge too. That being said there are some things I miss about the Murano. The engine seemed to be smoother and it handled a little better with the exception of it having more body roll in the corners at speed. Its much easier to find parts to accessorize the Edge. So far Ive added the weather tech mats, the cargo privacy cover, a cargo mat. I have a bug deflector on order. I can't decide if the window deflectors are worth the effort though. I wish I had gone for the limited, it wouldn't have been that much more in my monthly payment. I like some of the small touches on the limited that I don't have on the SEL, although I really wasn't impressed with the Sony stereo,

• Like 1

I've had my edge just over a year now and love it best choice I made by far!. I think the only thing I regret not getting done was getting the fabric protection on the seats as my 2 kids tend to spill in the back. Love the ambient lighting so happy that I got this option and the heated seats are awesome to have in our Canadian winters. Only issues I've had was the apim had to be replaced but my dealer was great in getting it replaced quickly and my ford emblems corroding which warranty covered. Mechanically she runs fine and we've had no issues in regards to reliability. Found a set of the 20 inch chrome clad wheels off a 2012 locally and we'll be putting them on in the spring as we figured our 18 inch michelins would be better in the snow. Overall I love my edge we get compliments and asked questions about it all the time :shades: .

I would suggest going to Detailer's Domain (.com) and get either 303 Fabric Guard:

https://www.detailersdomain.com/mobile/home.asp?#page-84

Or look at the Wolfs version textile sealant which is newer:

https://www.detailersdomain.com/mobile/home.asp?#page-173

My 2007 Edge just turned 90,000 miles. The only maintenance costs to date are regular oil changes, 2 batteries, 2 tire changes, 1 windshield (flying debris killed the original). If I were anymore pleased with the Edge as well as all of my other Fords over the last 54 years, well then I would have to divorce my wife for the car ! LOL

Can't beat a Ford product and in my eyes no one never will !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I'd like to mention that I'm 21 so I REALLY fool around with the MFT.

I bought a Used 2011 Ford Edge LTD (Loaded) about 1.5 months ago,

and I LOVE it, I've put about 5000KM on it (now it has 30,000) and i've really only had two issues with it;

Panny sunroof sometimes doesn't get enough power to close (will be fixed under warranty once I have time to get it in to the stealership)

MFT has a mind of it's own sometimes, as long as you know how to pull the fuse and reset it that really helps, I'd recommend doing that about every month..It takes about 5 minutes total.

The leather interior is great, the ride is smooth, it has a GREAT engine in it (I've shown up tons of younger guys thinking my SUV didn't have 285HP)

The fuel economy is decent (I'm averaging about 11.1L/100KM since I bought it)

My dad wants one, my step dad wants one, and my sister wants one.

I'd recommend it to anybody, I haven't really played with the rear dvd players so I cant say too much about them..

The blind spot mirrors should come factory in every car/suv/truck they are unreal!

I test drove the Venza, Tiguan, Forrester and even tried out the pilot and was at a point where I figured I was just going to keep driving my old car (2003 Golf TDI) until I could afford an A4 or a 3 Series (BMW) because that's what I really wanted (but I live in Canada and need an SUV for my line of work anyway), then I randomly drove by the ford stealership and noticed a nice white one and figured I'd give it a shot... I couldn't stop smiling the entire time I was driving it, I am 99.999% satisfied with it, the ONLY thing I am a little bit rattled about are the 18" rims (not fords fault, my fault) and it didn't have the driver-entry package (push to start, power hatch) which again is my fault not fords fault, everything is phenomenal, for the price it's an incredible SUV (I paid $32K for it plus taxes and ext. warranty) and everything else I drove near the price didn't even get me excited.

That's my 2 cents, LOVE IT! :reading:

• 3 weeks later...

Our '11 SEL celebrated it's 2nd birthday with us on Nov 4th (V-6 FWD, MFT). I guess we're lucky to be in the seemingly vast majority of folks who've had none of the problems I've read about here.

We just got back from a 1700mi round-trip to Florida & averaged 26.5mpg (could have done better if I'd kept it below 75). My wife usually drives 8mi round-trip to work and back & averages 21mpg (no hwy). When I drive it around town, I get the same (usually better) results. We've had zero issues with MFT, original or upgrade. We've found the vehicle smooth, extremely quiet and comfortable.

It would appear that our Edge is on the same path as our '02 Escape XLT AWD. It has been so reliable that I just had it repainted rather than trade it in for a new one. I REALLY like the new ones, but this one has gotten us around through two blizzards and ten years without a hiccup. I think I've become emotionally attached to it.

Purchased a Limited in Feb '11. Just passing 44k miles. I am outside sales and drive the western US. I have the same complaints on Sync though the new software is significantly better than original. With K&N filter and summer fuel I can get up to 26mpg with air. Winter fuel I am in the 24mpg range on open road at posted speed or close. I have driven this car in horrible conditions with amazing grace. One of the best cars I have driven. Comfort on long trips is excellent. Handling superb wet or dry. Comparison to my last vehicles better in most ways disappointing in few others. Before my Edge I wore out Buick Enclave, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes M320. I would buy the Edge again but ask me next year when I have 75k on the odo I may have changed my mind. I am sorry to read the distress of rdebruin but I can say for sure he is much better off with the Edge than a Cayenne S.

Cheers,

Very satisfied with my 2013 sel. Only problem is, is with my reverse sensing sytem. Camera works fine, sound doesn't. That being said, Can't complain about hgwy gas mileage, as far as the "soot" thing goes, I belong to the same club. Found what I consider a reliaable Tech. on "just answer". I had the question about why soot was forming on the chrome edges. I was told in was "normal", without getting into details, and since the vehicle doesn't use oil, what can I say!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I live in Canada and have had my Edge (2011 SEL, V6, MFT) since October 2010 and have just crossed the 40,000 km threshold. Overall, I've been very satisfied with the ride, handling, comfort, etc. My primary complaint about the car is the MyFordTouch system. The lag time from starting the car to having a working audio system or phone access is typically several minutes. If I decide to make a phone call (iPhone 4) too soon, the MFT systems ends up stuck in the "Listening" mode. Very annoying. The audio system sounds quite good, but will often randomly roam around from what I was previously playing the last time I was in the car (usually a 64 GB USB Drive with music) to the radio or an SD Card with music -- something other than defaulting to what I was previously listening to.

My Edge is a great car on the highway, and I typically average between 7.6 - 8.0 litres/100 kilometres if I'm driving 110 km/h or less. In the city, mileage declines drastically - usually in the 13-14 litres/100 kilometre range. It can be worse in very cold weather.

I was encouraged to take the Entry Convenience Package (car unlocks as you lift the handle, push button start, etc.) and it is my favourite feature by far. I virtually never have to take my keys out of my pocket. It would be hard to go back to a key again. Highly recommend it! I wanted a roof rack which, unfortunately, meant no sunroof. It would be nice if the design would allow you to have both.

Unless I have some disasterous mechanical issues with my Edge, I'll seriously consider getting another when my lease is up. I'm a fan.

Hello folks! I am new to this forum. I recently (Nov '12) bought a 2013 Edge Sport. It was my first SUV. I came from a Honda Accord which I loved. It has taken me a few months to get used to it. Over all I am happy with it, but there are a few things I am disappointed about. The gas mileage for one. I have almost 2000 miles on it, but only getting about 18mpg in the city. Only took it on a short trip last month (about 300 miles RT). I thought the Edge was suppose to get the best MPG over all the SUV's??

The Edge seems really roomy compared to some other SUV's. My daughter has the Nissan Pathfinder and there isn't much room in the backseats at all once you get two carseats in there. However, when you put two carseats in my Edge, there is still plenty of room. I'm happy with this.

One disappointment I have is the interior. Although it looks really nice, it is cheap!! Lots of plastic!! :thumbsdown: The leather seems cheap and thin. I'm worried about what it will look like in a few years espcially because getting in the Sport with the 22" wheels, seems you will really wear that leather down getting in it. I hope and pray I am wrong.

LOVE the power lift gate but wish there was a privacy cover in the back. Was nervous at Christmas time with all the pkgs in the back. :thumbsdown:

LOVE the looks of my Sport. Very sporty!! I'm into cars that don't look like everyone else's, so it stands out. Love it when my car gets looks and you don't see too many of them. I have only seen 1 other one where I live. I have the Platinum White. her name is Pearl!!

Had to take it back to the dealer within a week because I noticed there was a big rip in my headliner. They replaced the whole headliner but I don't like it to be in other people's possession because I know they don't take care of it like I do. None of my cars have ever been to an automatic car wash unless it's a touchless one. I only hand wash or power wash it. Today she got her first coat of wax. Zaino makes it look awesome!!

Over all I am satisfied. Hopefully the MPG will get better as it gets more miles on it.

Can anyone comment on the SYNC? Like anything really special you have found out about that it does and is really neat? Is it like the ONSTAR that it reports if there is an accident or anything like that? I haven't played with it much. But I do like where you can set up alerts when your favorite song comes on the radio. Unfortunetly that's only on XM/SIRRIUS though.

Glad we have these forums. My husband and I are members on another kind.

[img=http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/7451-is-anyone-satisfied-with-their-edge/cf40f92d-5974-40bb-91dd-2847a24135fb_zps]

I thought the Edge was suppose to get the best MPG over all the SUV's??

you didn do enough homework...

pedal pressure is everything

any new engine has a breakin period

i managed low 20's in the first 1500 but it was work

at 2000+ i'v calculated 29 once on a tank

that i did a fair bit of 45mph

with the "no gas cap" thing it's difficult to

know if you'v put in all the missing fuel

some pumps start kicking off way before it's full

but i'v noticed that the last few fills took a little less fuel

than the computer says it's using

which means it's getting a little better milage than its showing

try actually calculating it over a couple tanks

feather foot is getting me +/-25mpg "all the time..."

fwiw

Who wants to read the owners manual? I like to hear first hand!! :hammer_self:

In other words - you like to let other people do all the research for you, even though the answer to most of your questions is readily available in the car or on the internet?

Go to motorcraftservice.com -> owner guides and get the PDF version. You can do a search and find the answer in less time than it takes to post a question here.

It's just common courtesy to at least check the manual before asking for help.

"Over all I am happy with it, but there are a few things I am disappointed about. The gas mileage for one. I have almost 2000 miles on it, but only getting about 18mpg in the city. Only took it on a short trip last month (about 300 miles RT). I thought the Edge was suppose to get the best MPG over all the SUV's??"

The Edge Sport is Front Wheel Drive is rated at 19 MPG in the city, and the All Wheel Drive model is rated at 17 MPG in the city. You don't say which of these you have, but at 18 MPG you're right about where you should be. In regards to "best MPG", of the three engine options available for the Edge, you picked the least fuel efficient. The EcoBoost version would have given you better results, although not as sporty. Since you are transitioning from an Accord, your Edge MPG is bound to seem like a shocker no matter which model you had picked. Isn't gas nearly free in Oklahoma? Nobody else is pumping fuel out from under their state capital.

In other words - you like to let other people do all the research for you, even though the answer to most of your questions is readily available in the car or on the internet?

Go to motorcraftservice.com -> owner guides and get the PDF version. You can do a search and find the answer in less time than it takes to post a question here.

It's just common courtesy to at least check the manual before asking for help.

Kirby-I didn't ask for help nor was I asking for anyone to do research for me. I simply ask if anyone had anything "special" about the SYNC that they loved. And NO I am not going to read the manual unless I am having a specific problem which I am not. Isn't that what these forums are for...to get other people's suggestions, comments, like's/dislikes?? I would really like to know who reads their manuals from front to back. In my opinon NO ONE! Have a nice day!! :talkhand: