Is Anyone Satisfied With Their Edge?

The6thTemp

What would we do if we didn't have the Internet, and 'The Forum', READ THE MANUAL??? -------------how old school is that !

That is probably what I would do IF I had a problem, but, we DO have internet and we DO have Forums!!!!! Tell me then, what are these forums for and why are YOU on them?? In case you didn't know, and apparently you don't, we are now in the 21st century!! :wacko:

I do. Every time. Sometimes even before I actually get the car.

If you're too lazy to do it then I'm too lazy to answer your questions.

Please kirby...DON'T answer my questions. If you see a question on here from me, just skip it. I'll know your too busy reading your manuel.

Please kirby...DON'T answer my questions. If you see a question on here from me, just skip it. I'll know your too busy reading your manuel.

5 posts and you've already pissed off 4 people. What a great start.

Seriously - just read the manual and then if you still have questions we'll be glad to help. But lose the attitude.

I do. Every time. Sometimes even before I actually get it.

Me too! But I'm nerdy like that.

And I like to be a savvy consumer that knows more than the salesperson. I was at the Toronto Auto Show yesterday and was appalled that the Lincoln people knew so little about the features, colours and options. But they certainly talked a good game.

Of course they were better than the guy at the Mercedes display.... That guy was a pure hustler trying to get me to buy one from him when I hadn't even been able to sit inside it!

I don't even have the Ford Edge yet... But I do know all about the Ford SYNC system and what it can do pretty much.

I've done a lot of research through Google. I even downloaded the Edge manual and had read up on the SYNC system.

It's all apart about being an owner or (hopefully) soon to be buyer, is doing a lot of research about the car / system.

There are some that hate their MFT system, but there are others who really love it and have no issues.

Not all MFT systems come with the Nav. unless selected or in a package and when the sync subscription is up, only certain features won't work. (Sirus XM, Traffic updates, Ford's version of Onstar)

You can view photos in you MFT, or even change/customize the background photo. If you have ambient lighting, you can select from 7 different colors.

If you have a phone that can get google maps you can send the map to your MFT system, download the directions to your Nav. (I believe you need an app for that though)

What I really like about the MFT is being able to read incoming text messages, and I already know my phone is one of the phones that work for that feature. ^_^

Anything else... The manual is a good thing to read (not front to back as I know not everyone likes to do so... but maybe just for the SYNC, what it is and all it's features), Google is also good to research, Ford.com -- Under technology has info about the SYNC system as well, and I'm sure Youtube has videos as well.

• 1 month later...

hello guys and ladies if theres any in here im new here i also just brought a 07 edge sel and i like it no problems bought it @ 100,000 miles and soon will be moding it so far i put on a full light kit inside and out and l.e.d's all the way around soon will be engine mods but so far ive changed head lights and fog lights to h.i.d's also added and l.e.d fog light strip l.e.d puddle lights l.e.d tag lights. installed l.e.d lights to handels inside and out so wen the doors open the door handels and floor light up also added running floor lights togo with the headlights i also added l.e.d signals to the mirrors and wing and added a second cargo light to the cargo area and changed all roof lighting to l.e.d's will add pics soon but my next job is to mod the engine to get more power out of it ...

• 2 weeks later...

I bot my 2012 Edge SEL in Oct. 2011. For the most part I've been delighted with its performance and gas mileage. It's been on only one long mileage trip (3,500 miles) and it averaged about 28.5 miles per gallon for that distance. Right now the odometer shows 12,657 miles. I know...I don't drive a great deal. Mostly around the Mesa, AZ area. I've had three warranty issues. First, the left rear shock was replaced due to leakage at 350 miles. Second, the right rear tire pressure sensor was replaced due to malfunction at 9,500 miles. Third, the driver's door latch was replaced due to "unlatched signals" at 11,900 miles. The last one was interesting because right after the unlatched signal came up on the left side of the instrument panel, the next signal would be "shift into Park". At 45 mph, it didn't seem the right thing to do!! It has the 205A equipment group, MFT, leather comfort package, rear view camera and ambient lighting. Color is white suede. 18" aluminum mag wheels. Light stone leather interior. Black roof rails. 3.5L V6 with 6-spd selectshift tranny. It's a pretty basic model, but I've gotten sooo many compliments from people who've taken a ride in it. Two of those have gotten their own Edges; both SELs. MFT at first was a bitch to sync my cell phone up with. Then I couldn't answer calls when they came in. After the first upgrade, that problem was solved. I've had an additional upgrade since. That restored my outside temp reading to the dash screen, after it was taken away by the first upgrade! I'd buy another if I had to do it over again.

Sounds like you got a car with problems, which no doubt upset you. Understandably.. Every manufacturer has a problem vehicle once in awhile. These problems will very likly be fixed. How long have you had this car?? You say you will never buy a Ford again? Well if you plan on buying an Import your not keeping our $$$$$ in the USA. People have told me the reason they buy imports is because they have NO problems, last forever. These folks say this for an excuse because they bought foreign. These vehicles have the same or more problems than Ford,GM or Chrysler. Myself I would have to wear a mask so no one would recognize me if I drove a foreign vehicle. I've had vehicles with problems that got me very upset. But I've never concidered not to buy American. I know the edge is built in Canada. I don't concider Canada as a Country out to break us. I imagine Ford in Canada is UAW union. Just my two cents.

Larry

Northern,Indiana

I bot my 2012 Edge SEL in Oct. 2011. For the most part I've been delighted with its performance and gas mileage. It's been on only one long mileage trip (3,500 miles) and it averaged about 28.5 miles per gallon for that distance. Right now the odometer shows 12,657 miles. I know...I don't drive a great deal. Mostly around the Mesa, AZ area. I've had three warranty issues. First, the left rear shock was replaced due to leakage at 350 miles. Second, the right rear tire pressure sensor was replaced due to malfunction at 9,500 miles. Third, the driver's door latch was replaced due to "unlatched signals" at 11,900 miles. The last one was interesting because right after the unlatched signal came up on the left side of the instrument panel, the next signal would be "shift into Park". At 45 mph, it didn't seem the right thing to do!! It has the 205A equipment group, MFT, leather comfort package, rear view camera and ambient lighting. Color is white suede. 18" aluminum mag wheels. Light stone leather interior. Black roof rails. 3.5L V6 with 6-spd selectshift tranny. It's a pretty basic model, but I've gotten sooo many compliments from people who've taken a ride in it. Two of those have gotten their own Edges; both SELs. MFT at first was a bitch to sync my cell phone up with. Then I couldn't answer calls when they came in. After the first upgrade, that problem was solved. I've had an additional upgrade since. That restored my outside temp reading to the dash screen, after it was taken away by the first upgrade! I'd buy another if I had to do it over again.

Surprised I haven't seen you around these parts.

Had my 2013 SEL Ecoboost almost a month and I LOVE IT! Got the appearance package which I think makes it a look a little more sporty. I've not seen the advertised gas mpg yet but I'm marking that off to engine break in for now. Ride is smooth, steering is tight. SYNC is awesome as I have never had anything like it before. No regrets here!

• 1 month later...

1083 miles ... So far I am pleased... HUGE transition going from driving nothing but BMW's [ 2- 5 Series, 1 - 7 Series, 2- X5's and last one was a certified 535xi Sports Wagon over the years, Yep I am an Old Guy ].

Now I am researching dealers near by for when I need service. After reading the FB sites from Ford Motor Company, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus, Ford Edge and this FANTASTIC informative blog] I am nervous, in my opinion, the dealers seem more focused on selling vehicles then servicing. Maybe spoiled as BMW [south Bay BMW] service over the years was beyond exceptional.. Even when I had on my last vehicle a bee hive inside the battery area that basically shut down my entire computer grid. The factory Stepped UP and covered the majority of the repairs. It was going to be a $4k plus cost and I only had to pay $1,800.00.

The two dealers close to my area are Sunrise Ford and Galpin Ford and both of them have more bad reviews regarding service then good ones.

I did perform my due-dilligence on overall service costs for my 36 month lease and it appears extremely reasonable for the lease period.

Just hoping the Ford Gods are good to me :-) .... Right now since I must of surfaced in their system as a former BMW customer the mail does not stop with letters, thank you's, gift card for $100 etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Not happy here. Ive owned my SEL for 2 months now. Mine was special ordered cuz i got the appearence package. Dealer was suppose to call me when putting in the order. They did not. MFT and the sunroof was not ordered. I requested those options be added but was told once an order gets put into the system, its locked. I asked that the order be cancelled and my $2500 down payment be returned to me. I was told there were no refunds on special orders and that the order could not be cancelled either. Said if i didnt want the car then i would just lose my money. I later find out that orders arent locked until a production date is scheduled, which didnt happen til bout 6 weeks later. When i called out the dealer on that fact, they changed their story saying they didnt want to add the options cuz they didnt want to delay my order. Said its my fault for taking delivery of the vehicle. They werent gonna fix the order nor refund my money, so how is a retarded salesman my fault? I emailed Ford corporate, but they said this is a sales issue and that they generally dont intervine between customers and dealerships. I think this is total BS. How is Ford gonna let a dealership taint their brand by some crummy salesman? Now im stuck paying over $500 a month for a car i dont even want

I am a little disappointed. I have a 13 Edge Sport. Got her in Nov 12 and she has under 4000 miles. This pkg has the "leather" seats. Well I must say, I love the car, but have always thought the "leather" was CHEAP! Now I know it's true! Mine is already starting to peel on left side on the drivers side. I'm sure it's probably from sliding in/out but what are you suppose to do? This is my 3rd car with "leather", and I have never had this problem before. In fact, I'm not even sure it is "LEATHER"!! My other cars were a much more tough skin leather.

The good news is, and I'm shocked, Ford is going to fix it!! When I first called my service dept and told him, he said they would take a pic of it and send it to Ford, and if they find that there is a defect, then they will replace it. It's a defect alright...it's CHEAP!

But I am so happy they are fixing it. But now I wonder how many times this will happen and how many times they will fix it.