Is Anyone Satisfied With Their Edge?

The6thTemp

I've had my 2011 Ford Edge Sport just over a week and close to 700Km.

Everything worked great out of the box ( Knocking on wood)

I had my check list of things to look for from all the comments on here.

My Edge passed them all

2011FordEdgeSportMay102011001.jpg

Tmbubell, Is your bug deflector from Ford??

Thanks

Larry

Not happy here. Ive owned my SEL for 2 months now. Mine was special ordered cuz i got the appearence package. Dealer was suppose to call me when putting in the order. They did not. MFT and the sunroof was not ordered. I requested those options be added but was told once an order gets put into the system, its locked. I asked that the order be cancelled and my $2500 down payment be returned to me. I was told there were no refunds on special orders and that the order could not be cancelled either. Said if i didnt want the car then i would just lose my money. I later find out that orders arent locked until a production date is scheduled, which didnt happen til bout 6 weeks later. When i called out the dealer on that fact, they changed their story saying they didnt want to add the options cuz they didnt want to delay my order. Said its my fault for taking delivery of the vehicle. They werent gonna fix the order nor refund my money, so how is a retarded salesman my fault? I emailed Ford corporate, but they said this is a sales issue and that they generally dont intervine between customers and dealerships. I think this is total BS. How is Ford gonna let a dealership taint their brand by some crummy salesman? Now im stuck paying over $500 a month for a car i dont even want

Sometimes you have to learn the hard way. First - $2500 is WAY too high for a deposit. $500 is typical. That was a warning sign.

Second - you should have had a printed order showing the options and the price and your deposit. Without that there is no contract and they can't force you to buy it. How can they prove that's the vehicle you ordered? Don't believe anything a dealer tells you. You were we'll within your rights to walk away and they had to refund your deposit. Too late if you already took delivery.

As to Ford - they are correct. There is nothing Ford can do about it. Franchise laws protect the dealers - Ford has no say in how dealers sell their vehicles unless they're doing something illegal. Ford would love to be able to control dealers in cases like this but the law doesn't allow it.

• 2 weeks later...

Mark me down from the previously happy to the totally disgusted with our Edge category sadly. After a couple years of driving and low miles our Edge is falling apart at the seams. Yes, there's been MyTouch issues which weren't a big deal but chalk up fuel line leaks, cracking open the engine to replace the head gasket, a different oil leak, a PTU failure in AWD system, multiple issues with the rims/tires leaking air and now a brake caliper slider pin failure that roached our pads (which were JUST checked and verified as fine) that Ford in their wisdom decided they won't cover since pads are a "wear item" even though the wearing was due to a warranty failure. As I stated elsewhere, even with Z plan I have no intentions of ever providing Ford with another dollar if this is how they intend to produce and back their products.

Edited by MrHappy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Larry

Thanks

Larry

Yes,

This is the Ford Bug Deflector

Its been over 2 years and 31,000 miles/ 50,000 km and the deflector has held up well and I still have all 5 of those knobs stuck to the hood of the car under the deflector

I have a 2011 Bordeaux which I bought used with 38k a few months ago.

I love the drive, the BAMR, the ambient lights, 20" rims, all that good stuff.

So far I am getting 18.1 MPG between my city and highway, which is I guess average.

The MFT is a problem, especially my Navigation.

It just doesn't work, it places me miles off the road, wrong name, drives me into the water, etc.

I have tried the battery reset, updated to the august firmware, etc, no luck

Otherwise love my car, but not the GPS it came with as part of the package.

Edited by arsenic1234

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a 2013 Edge SEL with th4 4 cylinder ECO BOOST engine brand new.. I have to say that I am completely dissatisfied with the performance of this car. It is almost undriveable....When you give it gas, the car stumbles and lags....Almost unsafe! I cannot accelerate gradually without it hesitating. Took it back to KEMP ford in Thousand Oaks Ca where i bought it....They tell me the car checks out and that there isnt anything wrong....This is by far the worst piece of crap i have ever owned.....Never but never will i buy another Ford.....The car only has 4,000 miles on it... I hear this problem is common with the turbo...HOW CAN FORD SELL A VEHICLE LIKE THIS????!!!

Does anyone with an Edge Sport 2013, think the interior looks cheap especially the "leather" seats? Have already had one of my "leather" seats replaced because of peeling. The car didn't even have 5000 miles on it. I'll have it a year in Nov and it only has 5200 right now. It's not driven that much. I'm just really disappointed in the "leather" seats. Honestly I don't think they are real leather. :drool:

Your opinion?

Haven't seen top notch leather in "standard" Ford models. Used to leather-faced or Alcantara seating. Now if you were driving a Lincoln, you should expect high quality leather.

BTW, just noticed the 2013 Lincoln MKT has the 3.5L EB engine available in it, the Mustang 3.7L being the base engine. Hopefully the mods & tunes now available for the 3.5L EB in the SHO can be adapted easily for the MKT to make it a rippin' monster!

I just sat in our next vehicle, Audi Q7, and the leather seats in there are amazing. After I got back into my Edge, I was slightly disappointed with the quality of leather.

What's the price difference between an Edge and a Q7? If you want better interior you should go to a MKX. The new MKX should be out next year and should include all of the new black label interior options that they announced for the MKZ and MKC.

Top price for a Limited is going to be around $40K, give or take a couple $K. Top price for a Q7 will be around $60k, give or take. The one we are looking at will run about $55k. One reason we are looking at the Q7 is because of space. We are keeping the Edge btw, but looking for a little bigger car and it being in that next level of quality.

We got our last month... and were rear ended within 24 hours. Liked it up til then! :doh:

The MFT isn't so bad, but leaves a lot to be desired in terms of user interface. As well, visibility isn't great. However, love the feature set we bought (though I missed push button start on the SEL). Looking forward to breaking her in and seeing how she does on the rainy Oregon coast.

We're also considering an Explorer as well... I drive a Sport Trac and hit 200k miles recently. Might need to retire her to weekend only duty.

I have a 2013 Edge Limited with an ecoboost 4 cylinder. I bought it new last year and now it has about 7K miles on it. I'm about 75% satisfied with it. If I could do it over, I would buy the Kia Sorento. :doh:

1) The A/C smell (discussed under http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/11299-2013-edge-ac-smell/ ) is still as it was when I bought it - very sickening. I am not getting used to it and it is not going away.

2) The navigation system is a complete joke and has virtually NO points of interest compared to a $200 Garmin. My Garmin has 23 times as many points of interest...TWENTY-THREE! Also, when looking for a POI using the voice command, it asks this question: "is it nearby or in a city?" What kind of question is that?

3) The turn signal lever is so stiff to operate, I feel like I'm going to break it off when I use it. Also it has a momentary switch built in so a quick tough gives an automatic 3 or 4 blinks which isn't enough for any legal/courteous maneuver.

4) The voice command/SYNC Service is too invasive (in my opinion) to use. The fine print in the documentation states that the service can record conversations in your car even while not connected to the service and send them to SYNC if/when you do use the service. NO THANK YOU. Of course, all they'd hear from my recording is me berating my navigation system because it can't find ANYTHING.

5) The leather seats are way too hot on trips over 20 minutes. Do I need to cover the leather with sheepskin just to be comfortable?

6) This is a minor issue, but I have the 22-inch "chrome clad" wheels, i.e. PLASTIC. I like to keep my car clean and polished and these wheels are a chore. I wish Ford would have had polished or clear-coated aluminum instead.

7) Another minor thing is that I have the interior lighting option - which is pretty nice. But there are several colors of lighting to choose from EXCEPT white, and...there's absolutely no light inside the glove box. How could they think to put lights in the cup holders and not the glove box?

Other than that, it drives okay and seems to be reliable so far. It's my wife's car and she likes it so I'm not ready to drive it into the river just yet. The rear passenger and back windows are tinted pretty dark, but I live in Florida and because it gets so hot inside the car, I had the front two windows tinted with aftermarket film (not as dark as the rears) and I had Air Blue tint applied to the windshield. The tint has helped but not as much as advertised - although the clarity is much better than I expected, even at night.

Edited by Art

• 2 months later...

I love mine, had a 2011 Limited and just picked up a 2013 Limited. MFT touch had its issues, but they were fixed and Ford was very accommodating.

I have owned many cars and the worst I had was a 2001 Oldsmobile. The issues with MFT are nothing compared to the problems I had with that GM car. No wonder they went out of business.

Just bought a used 2011 sport with 57,xxx km. No sunroof, but otherwise loaded. Strangely no hids, which I had on a 10 year old Maxima. The thing that drew me to this vehicle is the amount of options included in the vehicle. So far I have had non of the issues others have had with Sync, and actually think the layout is very intuitive and easy to use. My phone pairs up every time and without issues, although I've only had the vehicle for a couple weeks, let's give it time......The biggest disappointment is with the fir and finish though...the wheel-well inner liners are not the right side for the inside of the fenders, they are stretched because they are too small. Various interior panels just don't line up or don't fit properly, Ford logo fading on the front grill, driver door keypad falling off. For a $50k vehicle I expect non of these issues. There's more but it escapes atm, going to the stealership tomorrow to get these things sorted out. All in all a great ride.....tbc

• 2 weeks later...

It is a good vehicle, in fact accept for the big problems I am having with the MFT I enjoy driving it, Ford just will not stand behind it. On both GM and Chrysler our other cars we have had some issue but they found the problems and fixed it quickly. All Ford has done is give us the run around. Would I buy another Ford? Not unless I experienced a big turn around in Customer Service. Being in business myself I measure a company on how they handle product issues both in customer correspondence and the efficiency by which they fix the problem. Ford's grade to date is an F.