Ford PremiumCare ESP and Premium Maintenance Plans

wlepse

These are legitimate places. I have also used this place once: http://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com/ This is a real dealer as well: http://www.lombardford.net/

Another useful thing I have done is to print up the prices and take them into your dealer of choice and ask them to match. The Ford ESP warranties are all the same and dealers have room to to lower the prices, before they lose any money.

Edited by donkmoore

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The car rental reimbursement benefit is immediately available once you sign-up.

Your selling dealer may provide you a no-charge loaner while your vehicle is being serviced, however, an out-of-town dealer may not be as supportive if you are traveling and your vehicle requires repair.

Good luck!

The car rental reimbursement benefit is immediately available once you sign-up.

Your selling dealer may provide you a no-charge loaner while your vehicle is being serviced, however, an out-of-town dealer may not be as supportive if you are traveling and your vehicle requires repair.

Good luck!

There is no such thing as "selling dealer" with regard to ESP. The coverage is the same at any authorized Ford dealer.

When saying "selling dealer", I meant the dealer that sold the vehicle to the customer.

When saying "not as supportive", I meant the out-of-town dealer may not provide a no-charge loaner because he knows I'm just passing through.

In the latter case, my ESP coverage reimburses me for the loaner rental charge.

Sorry for the confusion my expression created.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...

Contact Nick Robertson at D'Orazio Ford for best price. I bought ESP Premium 7 yr/ 100,000 for $1070. Payment has to be a check. CC are 2 to 3 % more.

His contact number is 815-476-5205. They will not be undersold on price.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just an FYI here......and not to start a debacle......I've been in the auto repair business pretty much all my life. There isn't a car, or oil out there I'd dare run 10K miles on. These edges don't require syn oil, and oil changes are cheap. I have never in my life gone over 5000 miles, and I don't like going that far. I mean, the average guy drives 12000 miles a year. If you do 5k miles that's two a year. If you do 3k miles 4 a year......search for a coupon and 4 a year can be done for less than $100 a year. That's cheap insurance :) And I've seen first hand what happens skimping on those, you end up with a $4500 engine replacement having tried to save $50.

As for the warranties, you can buy it anytime in the future prior to the active warranty expiring. It will cost more at that point, as the car is older with more miles and thus has a higher likelihood of failure. They offered me a 5 year 100k mile warranty for $1855 and I said no. Then they offered me 5 years 60k miles for 1000.....I took that. The wife doens't drive all that much, so the time will expire before the miles for us. Most people buy the extended at the dealer when buying the car so they can roll the cost into the loan.

Canadians can purchase the USA sold ESP's

I've had my Edge Sport since new and in 27 Months have 50,400 Km (31,500 Miles) on it

I purchased the 5 year 75,000 Mile or 120,000 KM $50 Deductible plan from Troy Ford on their web site ( $1,140 no Tax) After exchange rate ($1,207CDN)

I got an automated email from Troy Ford stating they would process my contract in 3 business days

Ed Wright FromTroy Ford sent me my contract on the Third day.

My local Canadian Dealer confirmed that my ESP was on their system about a week later

I saved over $1,800 + Taxes on this ESP by buying it from Troy Fords Website in the USA over my local Ford Dealer.

I know most of the guys and girls in my Service Dept from my Roush track days and show and shines and they told me the deal I got was at least $1200 below the dealers cost for this plan in Canada

2011FordEdgeSportTMB029.jpg

MustangNoviceshowJuly52009020.jpg

RoushMustang-Feb2011014.jpg

• Like 1

The only concern I have is when someone tries to use a USA purchased PremiumCare at a Canadian dealership on a Canadian car, will the dealer try to weasel out of honouring it. My dealer mentioned that while the ESP is honoured throughout USA and Canada, that does not necessarily mean USA ESPs will always be honoured on Canadian cars purchased by Canadian residents. I have never heard of anyone that has actually successfully used the ESP in this situation... only promises and theoretical reasoning.

I've been eyeing this for a while now so I'm keeping my eyes peeled... :)

The only concern I have is when someone tries to use a USA purchased PremiumCare at a Canadian dealership on a Canadian car, will the dealer try to weasel out of honouring it. My dealer mentioned that while the ESP is honoured throughout USA and Canada, that does not necessarily mean USA ESPs will always be honoured on Canadian cars purchased by Canadian residents. I have never heard of anyone that has actually successfully used the ESP in this situation... only promises and theoretical reasoning.

I've been eyeing this for a while now so I'm keeping my eyes peeled... :)

I have the ultimate relationship with my dealers service dept. and know this will not be a problem for me.

This group of Service Advisors and Managers is all about doing the right thing no matter what.

They have never let me down in the last 12 years (5 Fords) and they are the only reason I keep coming back to Ford.

They are the only Service Dept. that I have run into that treat my cars as if they were their own personal vehicle

Previous to Ford my wife and I have owned, (1) Dodge, (4)Chevy, (1) Mini, (1) Honda

In the next 4-5 months I will be out of the original warranty by being over 60,000KM and the ESP will kick in.

I'll post when this happens

• 2 months later...

So im getting nervous that my warranty ends next week on Nov 7. I only have 22.8K on the Sport but its been back twice for the 22" wheels leaking, (theres a TSB on it), once for the transmission slamming(theres a TSB on it), twice for what I believe is a valve tap(theres a TSB on this too) and mutliple times for a the MFT(like everyone else). My biggest concern is that my BAMR is beginning to act up. By act up I mean opening and barely being able to close. Do i purchase a warranty extension now, or do I roll the dice and pay for more repairs on these items if they need them? Maybe since they were reported prior to the warranty end or that their are TSBs on them means that they wouldnt be any additional cost to me? I dont know how that would work, so if anyone can chime in Im all ears.

TSBs only mean Ford is aware of the problem, and has a suggested solution. If you do not have a warranty at the time of the incident, you are out-of-pocket. Since your Edge has a couple of persistent issues, definitely check the PremiumCare warranty to make sure those items are covered first. Labor costs will kill you. Now, you DO have powertrain coverage out to 50K or something like that, correct? It's the miscellaneous systems that will set you back like electrical/safety/etc. Maybe the sensible thing to do is compile a list of known issues with Edges in general, and see if any of the extended warranties would cover it?

http://www.factoryplans.com/assets/cms/files/brochure_FordESPPlanOptions.pdf

I took PremiumCare just because I got a CPO with significant miles on it already. I do have to pay a $100 deductible per trip, but well worth it to me still.

Ford ESP Plan Comparison.doc

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My servicing agent offered me ESP for $ 1,000, that would include free 7 upcoming service appoitments (10k will be first as I have already paid for the 5k service) and one set of rotors and brake pads (front/rear) + wiper blades (1 set also).

...that would mean no more servicing cost up to 40 000 miles.

Do you think it is a good deal?

I thought it was a high price also, but then remembered that he is in the Middle East. He has some type of warranty which requires all the services be done at the one dealership and each visit costs him around $135.00 or so if I recall correctly.

Hopefully he is paying only a few cents per gallon for gasoline! :)

Yes, like what ls973800 said, he has an extended warranty with additional terms & conditions. Unfortunately, here in the Arabian Gulf Countries (GCC) labor is cheap, but dealers are even bigger stealers than those in the USA having to do so called "Full Service" maintenance on new vehicles (usually oil+filter+inspections) at higher rates (100+ USD) and at more frequent intervals!