NEW MFT UPDATE IS OUT!!!!

Did you have to use the USB stick to install missing files or was everything contained from the D/L on the SMR site? Just worried that when I go there they have a Nav, No Nav selection and wasn't sure if the installer would look to see what version was installed before proceeding.

It's the same software - I think they just give you a warning that if you have Nav and do the download your Nav won't work until you get the SD card in the mail or go to the dealer.

It's the same software - I think they just give you a warning that if you have Nav and do the download your Nav won't work until you get the SD card in the mail or go to the dealer.

Good to know. When i was working with the Ford CS manager he made it sound like there were different files or programs loaded on nav cars so I wasn't sure.

Good to know. When i was working with the Ford CS manager he made it sound like there were different files or programs loaded on nav cars so I wasn't sure.

I think for Nav to work it will use some of the files on the Myford Touch software included in the update. However even the cars without Nav will have those needed files. That is why there is a possibility that Nav could be a dealer installed option down the road

Should be on its way. I leased my '11 on december 10th. Mine came Yesterday.

I called Ford to inquire about my upgrade package. The system showed the correct mailing address, but didnt show it had been mailed yet. She then asked if I had received the letter telling me the upgrade was coming, which I never received. This seemed to concern her, so she setup a "re-send" of the upgrade package to make sure I get one.

UPDATE: Package came today (3/21)

Edited by fastman

Got my package on Friday.

All I can say is the install was a breeze I would say 45 minutes.

The outcome is HEAVEN

the system is exactly what you expected it to be when you bought the car.

Feels great to have everything function as it should IMMEDIATELY

So far I am very happy its like having a new car.

I do love the new look too, fits the car better IMO

Since the update has anyone else experienced ultra thin lines that represent the real-time traffic? The colored traffic lines now look like they are just barely peaking out from behind the thick highway lines. Frustrating....

I noticed that too. I've only seen green line so far, I'm hoping that yellow or red is more obvious

I noticed that too. I've only seen green line so far, I'm hoping that yellow or red is more obvious

I saw RED on Thursday night; they're thin like the green lines. I checked out the traffic alerts to find out exactly where to the "accident" I drove through the alleged location only to find traffic beginning to move.

FYI for those waiting for their packet, I just called syncmyride and they told me that I was not on the list to get one in the mail, for some reason. I have a 2011 edge SEL w/ nav and the person insisted I had to download and install it myself and go to the dealer for an SD card, and that not everyone would be getting the update in the mail. I argued with them for a bit that it was pretty inconvenient to go to the dealer when they could just mail me the update, and eventually they gave in. But - apparently you can't assume you will be getting the update in the mail. It looks like I'm at the end of the list for the update now though, 15 day wait.

FYI for those waiting for their packet, I just called syncmyride and they told me that I was not on the list to get one in the mail, for some reason. I have a 2011 edge SEL w/ nav and the person insisted I had to download and install it myself and go to the dealer for an SD card, and that not everyone would be getting the update in the mail. I argued with them for a bit that it was pretty inconvenient to go to the dealer when they could just mail me the update, and eventually they gave in. But - apparently you can't assume you will be getting the update in the mail. It looks like I'm at the end of the list for the update now though, 15 day wait.

Hmm.....I believe the only ones not getting a package are the ones that REQUIRE dealer upgrade and you should get a letter stating that. Interesting to see whether it works for you or not. But if you can download the software and all you have to do is swing by the dealer and pick up the SD card that would seem to me to be a lot quicker.

Hmm.....I believe the only ones not getting a package are the ones that REQUIRE dealer upgrade and you should get a letter stating that. Interesting to see whether it works for you or not. But if you can download the software and all you have to do is swing by the dealer and pick up the SD card that would seem to me to be a lot quicker.

She definitely said I could do it myself so there is no dealer upgrade required. I just don't have time to go out to the dealer between work/kids/etc. to get the SD card.

She definitely said I could do it myself so there is no dealer upgrade required. I just don't have time to go out to the dealer between work/kids/etc. to get the SD card.

So turns out it came in the mail today - probably why their system had me flagged wrong. Not sure why she didn't just say it had been mailed, would have cleared things up quickly.

After the update my Ipod playlist is all out of order. I used to be able to click browse and click my playlist, but now it's like shuffling my list even though I didn't click shuffle. It's really frustrating because every time I run my Ipod the songs are in a different order. I can't figure out how to fix this.

Yeahhhhhhh for South Florida!!!!!!!!! Patiently waiting for mine...

I should have been more careful what I wished for. Got mine yesterday and today my Edge is at the dealer. Disastrous waste of time. I posted my experience here.

Assuming I pick get my car back today, I'll have more to tell...

My experience with Ford has been Touching so far to say the least. :rant2:

Peace,

DM

recieved my package yesterday!

well...I already have had the update for a week or so (downloaded from syncmyride.com and picked up a SD card from dealer)

Any ideas of what I should do with the USB stick and Nav SD card?

Maybe format the USB stick and use it as a thumbdrive sporting the ford logo....but what about SD card?

well...I already have had the update for a week or so (downloaded from syncmyride.com and picked up a SD card from dealer)

Maybe format the USB stick and use it as a thumbdrive sporting the ford logo....but what about SD card?

Format them both and use them in other devices. :happy feet:

Format them both and use them in other devices. :happy feet:

Ahhh... don't listen to fastman. You format your SD card then say goodbye to your maps. The maps don't get installed on to your car's sync. Sync reads the maps of the SD card.

Edited by c-plus

Did your dealer charge you for it?

Mine says he has to since he needs to pay for it when ordering. He does acknowledge he would reimburse me when I bring in the one I "should" receive from Ford.