Canadian MFT update

Hi Folks

Thanks for all the feedback. I have been watching for the Perfromance update for months and it was great to see people start receiving it. I finally got mine today in the Montreal area. I installed it tonight and it went in without issue in about 40 minutes. I installed while running errands instead of using a tank of gas in the driveway as gas in QC is not to be wasted...

Everything installed perfectly. I really see a difference in the responsiveness of the screens as well as the screens being less cluttered. I used to have to stick on a pair of reading glasses to make out all the screens but now can do the main ones without which is good for us older users. :)

I also was able to pair back my Samsung Android Nexus S phone no problem. As well my wife's LG phone. Phonebooks from both went in no problem. Supposedly it now supports tablets so will give it a go and let you all know. I also have a Black Berry to try.

Again thanks for the feedback as it is nice to know there are others out there going through the same as you and there is hope. The lack of communcation from Ford was a drag but in the end they came through and it gives soem creedance to the fact we opted to get this Microsoft technology before the rest of the pack and were not left hanging without support.

BTW: I had the NAV add-on card and NAV looks much spiffer as well for what little I used it so far.

On the downside I wish you could backup your NAV favorites, phone quick dial settings etc. to a USB and restore after the upgrade. I would think this pretty basic.

The shinny blue package has arrived here too (Montréal suburb area) ... Everything is bilingual (How-to, user guide, packaging, and so on) ... and in a really good French I might add. (Will see later for the French quality of the software...)

Got the full package with the USB drive and SD card ... Not an appointment to the dealer ...

Question : the new SD card for maps has been identified as "A3 Map Version" ... Bought the Edge last August with "A1" maps that looks like 5 to 7 years of age according to my relatively new residential area, wonder if there was ever an "A2 Map Version" ??...

Also, inside the plastic box, there is that note : "The data enclosed is updated annually. For more information to purchase an update ... bla bla bla... go to your Ford Dealer" - I'm anxious to see that happen in real world in 2013 !!!

Will install over the weekend ...

Edited by slypx

I think the theories on the Canadian delay were semi correct. I noticed an "FR" written in blue marker on the lable of the package, which I'm making the assumption that these packages had to be created special for the CDN market. The software was likely fine, just some packaging / documentation changes.

Has anyone in the GTA seen the "Photo Realistic" turn pics yet? I'm guessing we only have about 5-10 turns in Canada that have them, but they are really cool. DVP north to 401 East has one and the sign looks identical to the real signs, very impressed as it was even followed by a second showing to stay on the Express, highlighting the 401 express sign and showing a transparent collectors/ Victoria Park that is in the other lane, again identical to the real sign.

Still yet to see a 3D building though and I think I had a few on the old version around Young/Bloor in downtown TO.

So far I'm quite happy. New graffics taking a bit to get used to. I think I liked the old visuals better, but it is much faster.

Edited by AXCL

Like I said in my earlier post I have the new update to sync installled an running smoothly. Now I played some more. I just got ICS (ice cream sandwich) update for my google phone which brings it to 4.0.4 which is pretty much the latest for Android phones. Mine is a Samsung Nexus S.

Still with the new Sync update which is working great, and the latest update for Android smartphones, I still do not see the contact thumbnail pics. Also text to voice is not supported.

Since i have the latest version of both products I was wondering if it works for anyone? Pics or text to speech messaging?

Maybe i need to set something up that I don't know about?

New to this so bear with me. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks for any constructive input...

Like I said in my earlier post I have the new update to sync installled an running smoothly. Now I played some more. I just got ICS (ice cream sandwich) update for my google phone which brings it to 4.0.4 which is pretty much the latest for Android phones. Mine is a Samsung Nexus S.

Still with the new Sync update which is working great, and the latest update for Android smartphones, I still do not see the contact thumbnail pics. Also text to voice is not supported.

Since i have the latest version of both products I was wondering if it works for anyone? Pics or text to speech messaging?

Maybe i need to set something up that I don't know about?

New to this so bear with me. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks for any constructive input...

It's not the software, it's the hardware and supported bluetooth profiles.

I think the theories on the Canadian delay were semi correct. I noticed an "FR" written in blue marker on the lable of the package, which I'm making the assumption that these packages had to be created special for the CDN market. The software was likely fine, just some packaging / documentation changes.

Has anyone in the GTA seen the "Photo Realistic" turn pics yet? I'm guessing we only have about 5-10 turns in Canada that have them, but they are really cool. DVP north to 401 East has one and the sign looks identical to the real signs, very impressed as it was even followed by a second showing to stay on the Express, highlighting the 401 express sign and showing a transparent collectors/ Victoria Park that is in the other lane, again identical to the real sign.

Still yet to see a 3D building though and I think I had a few on the old version around Young/Bloor in downtown TO.

So far I'm quite happy. New graffics taking a bit to get used to. I think I liked the old visuals better, but it is much faster.

I've seen lots of the 3D buildings > pretty cool but they were also visible in the previous nav version I had > just more added now.

Just for info : Being French Canadian and living in Quebec, there were no "FR" marking on mine ... Just the regular address on the label.

Install has yet to come this weekend ...

Edited by slypx

Got my shiny blue package yesterday! (Saint John, New Brunswick). Was kind of losing hope. The packaging as well as the carton inside have both English and French. The plastic blisterpack with the SD and USB key is in English only.

When I saw the package I thought it was a birthday present, all shiny and pretty! LOL

I'm at work now, am tempted to run out to the parking lot and set this install going.

EDIT - Install went smooth. Came back out 50 mins after start and it was complete. Definitely smoother/faster. New nav looks slick. Album cover art is smaller. :( And I miss the outside temp in center, but it is still on the right cluster.

post-17630-0-33206800-1335015737_thumb.jpg

post-17630-0-46527800-1335015749_thumb.jpg

post-17630-0-06465800-1335015762_thumb.jpg

Edited by seabee78

Upgrade went wrong

It stalled on the first screen for over 1 h 30 and then I tried to do it again ... it went on for a while and stalled again in the third step (6 out of 9) ...

Now everything is froozen in the middle of the proccess without giving me access to the screen. Can't reach the "master reset" option, the screen always comes back to the frozen process very fast ...within a second ...

Can still manage to controls most of it thru the steering controls ...

Removed the 29 fuse overnignt will see today the follow-up ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :angry22:

I might suggest to others a master reset BEFORE starting the process ....

EDIT : It's frozen between the 6 and 7th screen (out of 9) printed in the "how to upgrade ..." booklet provided in the package. Going to the dealer tomorrow (Monday) morning ...

Edited by slypx

Got my package Friday, installed on saturday, did a master reset before the upgrade just to ensure things went ok, took approx 50-55 mins total, did a master reset after just for the heck of it. Paired 2 phones, so far it's ok, haven't tried the nav yet, however playing music off USB is much quicker now. Indexing took less than a minute for 1500 songs, and building voice commands was done before the 1st song stopped playing.

M.

Received my pretty package in the mail today. Looks so nice I think I'll keep it till Christmas and put it under the tree! Actually did the update within 50 minutes and checked everything out and even my troublesome clock is working now showing NDT instead of EDT. Mostly impressed with the navigation & maps which have caused me to say some very bad words in the past. All the streets have been updated in my area (confirmed it by using my garmin 3490) and they even have my house on the correct side of the street lol. There was one poi in particular that I had been using as a test (using voice) on the old system and could never get but on the first try with the new update worked perfectly. LG phone paired instantly and downloaded my address contacts. So with only a few hours of testing I am a happy camper. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. Having said all of that, really I only had two issues with 2.7 that being the clock and the Nav system.

Rec'd mine yesterday and after reviewing again that for most the upgrade went smoothly, decided to go ahead and complete the install as well. Now I was one of the lucky ones *L* I guess with the previous 2.11 as I had zero issues with it going in. So I was a bit hesitant to maybe screw up something that wasn't broken, but what the hell. Install went smoothly and took about 45 mins or so and all seem to be ok at first kick. Not really sure what's been improved, as again mine was ok previously, but the screens do seem a bit less cluttered (and less of 'em) I suppose and the Nav maybe seems a bit quicker - but it's not a function I used extensively so just guessing at that one. Ipod paired up fine and seems to be working on all cylinders including voice commands, same as my Samsung phone, so in the end it works and that's all that counts.

I recieved my package yesterday and updated it today but it froze after the installing service packs screen and the screen went black for another 30 mins altogether I had my edge running almost 90 minutes. Called the dealer it's going in at 9am tomorrow morning because now it won't boot up at all no radio nothing tried disconnecting the battery and still nothing. It's to bad because I was also one of the lucky ones and didn't have any issues with MFT but was urged to upgrade it because of the extra year of warranty. I just wonder what could have happened to have it not install completely I did a master reset to the system before inserting the usb and it started just fine and then poof nothing :unsure: hopefully it's not a major issue when i take it in.