Gas/Fuel Tank Leak

Beverly

This is the response from my insurance carrier. I would say if your insurance carrier is making you pay insurance then you may wish to find another carrier.

Below is the response I received from our Allied underwriter this morning regarding your vehicle;

If the insured's vehicle is put into storage and he obtains a replacement vehicle we would leave the 2008 Ford Edge on the policy and provide the same coverage it has for the vehicle that is rented. If this happens, please provide the year, make and model of the vehicle his is provided.

• Like 1

I purchased my 2008 Edge new in Quebec and in 2011, I moved to Finland a took the Edge with me. I noticed this info of the forum last week and contacted Ford CRC in the US to ask if my Edge is one of the effected and was informed that it was and that I should contact Ford in Finland to have the recall action taken care of which, was great.

On contacting Ford Finland and giving my VIN number, I was in formed that my vehicle had no recall notices and was therefor not effected. I asked that they recheck and confirm and the replied that I did not need to worry.

I recontacted FORD USA to reconfirm but no answer as yet.

Should I have the lawyer warmed up and waiting as I have it in writing from a Ford representative that my car is not effected but how could this be, its a 2008 Ford Edge limited AWD which lived its first three year in Quebec with a shed load of salt on the road.

i guess I have to trust the word of a representative of Ford Motor Company until the shit hits the fan!

This sounds like one of the "exception" cases where you you'd do well to continue keeping your documentation file, and at least have the name of a good attorney handy. Most of these recalls don't take into account "mixed address" vehicles, so having that file (and if need be, the attorney) at hand would be the proper thing to do. Of course, you still have to have the leak happening before any remedy can be applied. No leak, no fix.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

OCT 29, 2014 | DEARBORN, MICH.

Ford is issuing a safety recall for approximately 205,000 (actual 204,448) 2007-2008 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX vehicles in corrosion states and provinces in North America for possible corrosion under the reinforcement brackets where the fuel tank is mounted to the vehicle.

I have an 09 MKX.

Did Ford/Lincoln change the design in the 09 or will I need to be concerned in the future as well?

no cover on my ford edge at the dealer all through this winter and ice. I never had it sit out in the winter!!!

I wrote a letter to Board of Directors. Got a letter in the mail today from Ford. Amazing how they are dealing with this, like it is my fault when I had an issue with the loaner I got. It stated that ford is not instructing dealers to provide a loaner vehicle. hhmm that is funny, Ford sent me right to Enterprise rental to pick up my loaner. The letter said that I should continue to work with the service team at Mastell Ford dealer. Ok, but they know nothing!!!!!

I think you will have to accept the fact that your car will be sitting outside for a while and maybe moved further and further to the back lot with the wholesale vehicles and destroyed waiting for disposition vehicles. Fact is it is not their car and is nothing more than a hinderance and problem they wish they could get rid of.

well, as long as ford is willing to pay well over 2,000.00 per month for me to drive a Ford F-150 until I get my car back, they can have at it. I have worked with our insurance on liability, and ford is paying insurance through enterprise rental. I honestly don't know what will happen. I doubt Ford is happy about paying our my rental..but the stinker is, I would still be driving the Toyota corolla had I not worked through enterprise rental. Ford could care less what car I have for loaner. seems to me they would at least want me in a ford.

• Like 1