Are your carpets dry right now? If so, run it through the car wash.

Carpets are definitely NOT dry. They put my winter mats back in and that has trapped the moisture.......it is starting to smell.

Awaiting new carpets, back ordered. If this is a long wait I will take it back and they can have it till they fix it. I won't drive in a Petri dish.

• Like 1

Carpets are definitely NOT dry. They put my winter mats back in and that has trapped the moisture.......it is starting to smell.

Awaiting new carpets, back ordered. If this is a long wait I will take it back and they can have it till they fix it. I won't drive in a Petri dish.

What a bunch of dolts. They could have at least extracted the moisture and set some fans up to dry it before mold sets in.

Just wanted to post an update on our wet Edge- I picked it back up from our dealer last night. The seals are repaired and it's dry- so far.

I'm not sure exactly what Ford is doing and what my dealer is doing, but it appears to me that the dealership is taking the hit financially to try to make us happy.

The reps that we contacted directly at Ford were not helpful- one even leaving a message on the answering machine that they were unable to assist us and to work through the dealer.

If your Edge has this problem I hope you'll post the resolution here.

I still love my dealership but am VERY disappointed in Ford.

It seems that is the common line from Ford, to work with your dealer. I have experienced the exact same message from Customer Service on multiple occasions. I starting to wonder what purpose do they have since they just want to dump it back to the dealer. In my case one customer service rep even went so far as to enter negative feedback against my dealership because I called customer service for their help!

My 2015 Sport has been sitting at the plant waiting to be shipped for two months, as Wingnut suggested in another forum, it's probably sitting there full of water!

I feel sorry for all of you going through this with a very expensive new vehicle. :cry:Ford has had water intrusion problems with lots of vehicles over the years including the Taurus and F150. They need to do better testing and inspecting before mass producing their vehicles!!!!!!!

Edited by fishx65

First of all, I wanted to welcome all the new members to the community! :dance:

My name is Tricia, and I’m the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representative. I’ll be here to assist with any questions or concerns. If you live in Canada, please don’t hesitate to reach out to my FordServiceCA colleagues here.

Hi Tricia. Can you provide us with the TSB number for the leak fix?

Hello Jason,

Let me look into this further. Which model year is your Edge? Also, what’s the mileage? I’ll check my resources on this end!

In the meantime, I recommend contacting dealer. They will be in the best position to advise which TSBs are associated with your vehicle.

Hey There,

New to this forum. Have a 2015 Edge Titanium with 5500Km on the clock. We have had some heavy rains though the valley here, and it would seem that there is a new Great Lake ... in the driver's floorboard of my new Edge. Not very happy at all. Reading along on this forum, there is mention of a TSB...

Hello Soggy_Edge,

Please private message FordServiceCA your full name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number. They will loop in a customer service manager for your region to assist.

So Mine is back from the second visit on this issue. They said the wetness is residual from the first sealing and fix attempt........okay.

They say the car now has no leaks.......new carpets are ordered....but backordered.

Guess I have to wait now.

Thanks for the update, Teddis.

Please continue to work with the dealer, and if you need anything just give my FordServiceCA colleagues a shout! :)

Hey Soggy_ Edge

I got this link from Tricia for the Canadian repersentive.

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact my FordserviceCA colleagues here. They'll be happy to lend a hand...

My 2015 Sport has been sitting at the plant waiting to be shipped for two months, as Wingnut suggested in another forum, it's probably sitting there full of water!

Hey guys,

Our FordServiceCA representatives will be happy to lend a hand, and provide a status on your orders. Also, thanks for sharing the link, bklein61!

Tricia

Edited by FordService

Does the rear seat just pull up? Or do you need to unfasten something?

FYI for those wanting to check under their seats. There are two release switches on the front part of the seat toward the carpet. Both push toward the driver's side and release the seat so you can easily get underneath. The one on the Driver's side moved easily. The one on the passenger side took a little more force.

I did a quick check and didn't see any signs of moisture. I'll do a thorough check later.

I just logged into my Ford account online and saw this (I have an appt. on Saturday for them to take a look)....

We found the following field service action listed on your vehicle.

VIN: xxxxx

FSA Title: A-PILLAR WATER LEAK INSPECTION AND REPAIR

Field Service Action Number: 15B21

Be advised that this system tracks Recalls and Customer Satisfaction Programs for which vehicles are subject to repair in the United States. The information provided is subject to change and update. There may be temporary delays in update of information on this site due to a number of factors. For the latest information regarding the status of your vehicle or any recall program of Ford Motor Company, please contact your local dealership directly or the Customer Relationship Center.

A recall is an action by the Company to remedy a safety concern related to a vehicle defect or regulatory requirement. It may require that you return your vehicle to the dealer for service. If your vehicle is not affected, it may be because it was built at a different time or using a different part than the affected vehicles.

I will try and get a copy of the TSB from the dealer.

Edited by tron1974

Just checked my 2015 RR Sport that I bought last weekend. And while it is not 'pouring' rain at the moment, it is drizzling a bit and I purposely drove through a huge (30ft wide by 100ft long x 10in deep) puddle that consistently forms near my house 3 times, at varying speeds, and so far the foot-wells, under the rear seats, and under the spare tire are bone dry. Happily I see no residue etc from earlier in the week either so I 'think' I am safe.

Build date for mine is 4/14/2014 at Oakville (vin# 27355)

https://www.etis.ford.com/selectedVehicleDetails.do

Does say it needs the 'A pillar leak inspection' so I will definitely bring it in for a closer look at the dealer.

I usually try to steer clear of first year new models, but my other lease was up and I just loved the Sport from the minute I saw and drove it. It's another lease, and under warranty of course, so I am not super worried about it, other than it will be a huge hassle to get fixed that I'm sure I'd rather not deal with.

This is my 1st new Ford, and my 3rd American built car ever, so I am hoping I am not too disappointed with it. So far I love it!

Edited by rockymtnsport

...More bull...from Ford. They don't have a clue or can get a handle on it. I spoke with the owner of the leak company Ford is using in Canada...They are fixing LOTS! They have 20 guys working around the clock fixing all these leaks at various dealerships. This company wants to remain "nameless" They are Oakville based, run/owned by an ex Ford Manager. Very interesting conversation I had but all off the record. Nothing was said that was disparaging about Ford or the Edge, Quite the opposite, he praised the Edge! just that there are some troubles and this leak company is fixing them all. They are taking out interiors, fixing all the known leaks after testing...disinfecting, cleaning bio-ciding(?) the floor pan and interior component and installing all new underlayment. It s taking them about 3-4 hours per vehicle. He tells me they have fixed around 400+ so far and next week they will be working from 6:00 a.m. until midnight every day and tis weekend they will knock off about 40 or so....

• Like 1

...More bull...from Ford. They don't have a clue or can get a handle on it. I spoke with the owner of the leak company Ford is using in Canada...They are fixing LOTS! They have 20 guys working around the clock fixing all these leaks at various dealerships. This company wants to remain "nameless" They are Oakville based, run/owned by an ex Ford Manager. Very interesting conversation I had but all off the record. Nothing was said that was disparaging about Ford or the Edge, Quite the opposite, he praised the Edge! just that there are some troubles and this leak company is fixing them all. They are taking out interiors, fixing all the known leaks after testing...disinfecting, cleaning bio-ciding(?) the floor pan and interior component and installing all new underlayment. It s taking them about 3-4 hours per vehicle. He tells me they have fixed around 400+ so far and next week they will be working from 6:00 a.m. until midnight every day and tis weekend they will knock off about 40 or so....

Any input on when the leaks start showing?

After a hard rain?

After a car wash?

After a few hard rains and carwashes?

Only takes one good rain?

Hey Edgey Guy,

Do you happen to have the name of this company? Hell, I will drive from Ottawa to Oakville to get this corrected. Going to the office with soggy feet is getting pretty old ... Thanks.