Another Issue with my '15 Edge

Just sounds like its blowing around the truck. Just really loud. Maybe it has something to do with the leak.

I can't imagine a seal would make it that loud. Unless you are missing ALL of the sealant they have put in the truck.

One way to find out is drive another one at the dealer and see. Make sure it is spec'd similar like roof rails if you have roof rails.

Have you installed anything to the vehicle that isn't standard?

No nothing. Sounds like a windows is open just a hair somewhere.

Something has to be out of alignment. These vehicles are super quiet.

When I put an aftermarket roof rack on, you really began to realize how quiet they are. All of a sudden I had a bunch of wind noise. Luckily the roof rack comes on and off within minutes so I only install when I need it.

My Titanium has the same wind noise coming from my driver's side window. (I don't have roof rails.)

Less noticeable with the radio on, but it's still there. Not sure at what speed I start to notice it; I should pay better attention (but I've been trying to ignore it). I haven't complained to the dealer; let me know if you come up with something.

No nothing. Sounds like a windows is open just a hair somewhere.

Speaking of wind, I find it interesting that the buffeting issue when the rear windows are down was not corrected for 2015. I test drove two different 2015 Edges with the windows down and the buffeting came when the rear windows were down, but the fronts were up. When the fronts were lowered, the buffeting stopped, even at highway speeds.

Edited by PrinzII

Buffeting has been present on every car I've owned. Chevy, Ford, Mazda,

This is true of every vehicle I have owned as well. It is very infrequent that I drive with any windows open so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the modern air conditioned vehicle.

I have noticed the wind noise as well - however I hear it from the driver's side window. I had to double check a couple times to make sure the window was all the way up. Was reading reviews about the '15 Edge and came across a review that said that they experienced the wind noise too and that it was a result of the winds path over the side view mirrors.

I have noticed the wind noise as well - however I hear it from the driver's side window. I had to double check a couple times to make sure the window was all the way up. Was reading reviews about the '15 Edge and came across a review that said that they experienced the wind noise too and that it was a result of the winds path over the side view mirrors.

Any way of fixing this?

• Like 1

Any way of fixing this?

Howdy,

Look what I came about on a reddit - http://www.reddit.com/r/Ford/comments/34aq3i/picked_up_my_2015_edge_sport_over_the_weekend/

A Ford technician explains this could be a boost leak. Seems to be related to the total loose of turbo from this other thread.

Apparently you nee to check the charge air cooler hose to be all the way in and securely clamped.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/17892-2015-sport-complete-loss-of-boost/

• Like 1