Smallest Rim On Edge Sport?

GT500R

18's will work....make sure you get the stock offset tho....problem Ive had is trying to find the bolt pattern in a steel rim. Seems it does not exist, so Im looking for cheaper alloys in an 18"....Ive also entertained the idea of using hub adapters, but again the problem would then be the offset.

look for spares for the Taurus or police interceptor. not inexpensive, but they are available. sometimes at a discount on the net.

5x108, right? This 20" wheel is $135 on the net:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/400986623896?item=400986623896

$_58.JPG

hopefully 18" will be available in same or better price...

http://www.nicheroadwheels.com/specs.cfm?id=2250

Part Number Finish Size Bolt Pattern Bore Offset Cap Num Rating (lb) Lug Type

M126188033+40 MB -Black Machined 18 x 8 5x108 63.50 40 1003-22MB 1600 CONICAL

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

• 3 weeks later...

Found black steels at Canadian Tire for my SEL. On sale a couple of months ago for $68 CDN each. Mounted Motomaster Total Terrain W/T 245/60 R18's with FoMoCo TPS's.

Hope they work well, time will tell.

Are u 100 percent sure they are for a 2015 ford edge? I don't know if the sel is different than the sport, but i have searched every manufacturer i can think of, and have come up empty handed for steel rims for my sport (18")

I have the 2013 SEL Edge. According to the parts "dude" at the CTC counter and entering info ONLINE at the CTC website, these rims are to fit the 2013. They look like they will.

I completed a look up on the CTC website for the 2015 Edge and they DO NOT list the steels when presented with the various models.

Maybe the offset or something has changed for the 2015 perhaps?

THEY BETTER fit mine though!!!! I haven't tried them yet. I'll bolt them on tomorrow and get back on here with the details. If all is good, I'll also post the part number listed on the receipt.

Edited by Liptoss

I have the 2013 SEL Edge. According to the parts "dude" at the CTC counter and entering info ONLINE at the CTC website, these rims are to fit the 2013. They look like they will.

I completed a look up on the CTC website for the 2015 Edge and they DO NOT list the steels when presented with the various models.

Maybe the offset or something has changed for the 2015 perhaps?

THEY BETTER fit mine though!!!! I haven't tried them yet. I'll bolt them on tomorrow and get back on here with the details. If all is good, I'll also post the part number listed on the receipt.

I believe the 2014 was 5x114.3 and the 2015 5x108.

Edited by cds71

• 2 weeks later...

Installed the 18" black steels from Canadian Tire with Motomaster Total Terrain W/T onto my 2013 last Friday. Snow's almost here folks! I haven't driven with them in all out drifts yet, but damn they make more noise than the OEM tyres.

Offset "visually" looks good, "maybe" a wee bit in more than the OEM alloys, but only barely if so. Turned in a tight circle and observed absence of any scrubbing on my installed splash guards, fender skirts, etc.

Also picked up the ONLY set of wheel covers at 18" size that CTC offers, faux carbon fibre style. . My son tells me the Edge looks "mean" now and not like a gramps vehicle.

Installed the 18" black steels from Canadian Tire with Motomaster Total Terrain W/T onto my 2013 last Friday. Snow's almost here folks! I haven't driven with them in all out drifts yet, but damn they make more noise than the OEM tyres.

Offset "visually" looks good, "maybe" a wee bit in more than the OEM alloys, but only barely if so. Turned in a tight circle and observed absence of any scrubbing on my installed splash guards, fender skirts, etc.

Also picked up the ONLY set of wheel covers at 18" size that CTC offers, faux carbon fibre style. . My son tells me the Edge looks "mean" now and not like a gramps vehicle.

You do realize this thread is about the 2015, right?

• 3 months later...

Has anybody ever tried fitting a set of late-model Ford Explorer Police Interceptor rims (black steel, 18x8, 5-spoke, bolt pattern 5x4.5, part # DG1Z1015A) onto a 2015 Edge Sport that came with the 20" factory alloy wheels? Speedometer (VSS) calibration issues aside (an appropriately-sized 18" tire can makeup for the changeout of rim and tire), I am just wondering if these will even fit? After all, the front rotors and calipers on the Sport look pretty big, and already appear to be packed-in pretty tight, on the inside of the 20" factory rims.

My 2015 Edge Sport is Tuxedo Black, and I love the blacked-out front grille... but was thinking that a set of those beefy black Interceptor rims and chrome hubcaps (or something along those lines) would complete the "stealthy" look of my Edge.

i have a feeling the PI wheels will fit onto the 2011-14 just fine. But the bolt pattern is different on the 2015+ IIRC.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/17962-is-the-2015-edge-bolt-pattern-same-as-2014-edge/?do=findComment&comment=137927

No idea on centerbore/hub bore difference if any.

There ARE bolt pattern adapters, if you want to go that route. An idea of the patterns Ford has used in the past:

http://prowheeladapters.com/ford_bolt_patterns

Thanks for sharing your inputs...

It seems like it would be too much trouble to make such a change-out, and I don't like the idea of adding spacers, if it can be avoided.

Perhaps it might be easier to just have my existing 20" rims powdercoated in a nice gloss black, which might tone them down a bit, while adding to the overall stealthy look I was hoping for. Has anybody ever seen photos on the forum of a later-model Edge, that had that done?

Up to 2014 bolt patern was 5x114.3 and you could use 17"x7.5 rims for the winter tires with 235/60R17.

As of 2015 bolt patern has changed to 5x108 and larger breaks which forces you to use 18x8, and they are only available in alloy. I took the winter safety package from dealership: EDGE SE rims with Dunlop Winter Maxx SJ8

• 1 month later...

I've confirmed that my 2015 Sport does indeed have the 5 x 4-1/4" (108mm) bolt pattern, thereby making it difficult to use the black steel wheel off of the Taurus SHO / Explorer Interceptor that I wanted to use, since the steelie uses a 5 x 4-1/2" (114.3mm) bolt pattern.

However, I decided to order a used Interceptor steel wheel, along with one of those 108mm-to-114.3mm adaptors, just to see how it will look and fit. I think my problem may be that the steelies will stick out about an inch and a half (or slightly more) farther than the stock alloy rims, due to differences in the offset between the two, plus the additional 1" thickness of the required adapter.

I really want to see if this might work or not, however. I did a similar thing to my 2011 Ford Escape, and, though it moved the tires and rims outward a bit, it actually gave the overall look of the car a more "wider stance" kind of look.

Will report my findings in a future post, once the parts arrive...

• Like 1

OK, I've changed my mind again (about using the black Interceptor wheels on my Edge)... only because I've now found a nice new set of black-powdercoated OEM alloy wheels that are a factory match to my vehicle... thereby eliminating any worries about using adapters, offset mismatches, etc. These babies should certainly "complete" the stealthy solution I was hunting for.

I have an appointment tomorrow, to have them swapped-out with my original 20" OEM rims. Will post pics after all is said and done, assuming everything goes to plan!

post-37844-0-99740600-1458702587_thumb.jpg

OK, I got my new rims on today, and they fit perfectly!

They were an exact match for the original OEM rims that came with the car, as far as diameter, width, hole pattern and offset, so there were no problems with fitment. I think they look pretty nice on there (and, ironically, my local UPS driver asked me about them when he came to deliver a package this afternoon... telling me he noticed the change when he first pulled up, and that the black look really looks great on the car).

Here's a first look...

post-37844-0-51341700-1458794421_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...