2015+ common area - a place to say anything (feel free to pin)

Since the re-org of the 2015+ threads into all sorts of random areas, there is no common place for 2015+ owners to meet and talk random.

I am hoping this thread could be it as otherwise it's a huge world out there and 2015+ are the minority so there is no way to zero in on your exact problem, your exact question, or even people with the exact car.

post-39248-0-81887500-1456105657_thumb.jpg

Edited by 037

Glad this section is back. Just picked up my Edge Sport a few days ago and was holding off on my intro until this area was back in business. I'd been browsing these forums for a few weeks before I pulled the trigger and found a wealth of info on here regarding features, options, mods, etc.

Already have front tint, LED plate lights, and LED DRLs installed.

Will post pics soon.

Side note- 037...I recognize that username. Are you a former Acurazine member? I recall a red RL with SH-AWD, perhaps.

Edited by cjh
  • Like 1

Would you 2015 and early 2016 owners be so kind to share any tips, tricks, shortcuts, etc., etc. about the various systems, sub-systems on your new Edge? I am coming from a 20+ year old Blazer, so to say I am a bit overwhelmed by all the things this vehicle can and will do boggles my mind. I hope to have my 2016 by next month so I need to start doing a little homework before it gets here. Just looking for a few tips that you folks that already have an Edge can pass along to a new(er) owner.

The manual is definitely a good place to start, especially if you didn't pick out the equipment you want on your new car. Head over to Ford.com to go over features and then get your details from this manual.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/2015-Edge-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_12_2014.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwi1-PjSrYzLAhVLqB4KHWBZDAMQFggvMAM&usg=AFQjCNEj1tlYNmL1ZwoR6yaIay9WhVLKGA&sig2=THsxo5vbo4RIKys11qZ7iw

Would you 2015 and early 2016 owners be so kind to share any tips, tricks, shortcuts, etc., etc. about the various systems, sub-systems on your new Edge? I am coming from a 20+ year old Blazer, so to say I am a bit overwhelmed by all the things this vehicle can and will do boggles my mind. I hope to have my 2016 by next month so I need to start doing a little homework before it gets here. Just looking for a few tips that you folks that already have an Edge can pass along to a new(er) owner.

Yep, one and the same! I guess a modded red RL is pretty memorable.

Which DRL led did you go with? Got photos?

Nice. I used to have a 2005 Acura TL. I still frequent the forums, username cjTL.

I went with some bulbs from eBay. They're pretty high quality, you can see pics over in my intro thread I just posted in this section of the forum. http://www.ebay.com/itm/131703151931?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• 3 weeks later...

Am I right that there is no dash display available for oil pressure, engine temp (coolant) and battery voltage?

Through the MFT displays beside the physical speedo, you can configure your display to show engine temp, tire psi, range, tract control, rpm and fuel.....oil psi and voltage....no.

Which setting can I use to get fresh air into the interior without utsing the AC? Or maybe the question should be how do I know if the AC is on? (aside from the obvious tell tale of cold air coming from the vents) This is on a model with dual zone climate control.

Referencing the owners manual, page 126.

Make certain your climate control is turned on (button H).

Make certain the A/C button is off (button G).

Set the temperature to lower than the outside temperature. (Down to 60° to keep the outside air continously flowing, otherwise the air will slow or stop when the cabin temp matches the outside temp).

Or take it off automatic by manually setting the fan speed.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 2

Exactly!

You mean you want functionality similar to VENT on a manual control system?

Exactly!

Referencing the owners manual, page 126.

Make certain your climate control is turned on (button H).

Make certain the A/C button is off (button G).

Set the temperature to lower than the outside temperature. (Down to 60° to keep the outside air continously flowing, otherwise the air will slow or stop when the cabin temp matches the outside temp).

Or take it off automatic by manually setting the fan speed.

Thanks, I'll try this..

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

New to the forum and need some help, I have a 2015 Edge Titanium with Intelligent Access, Push to Start, and want to add a "Ford" remote start system.

I've read through some of the threads and did some research on the remote start install and have a few questions. Now I don't want to carry around extra remotes, or do a aftermarket 3x's lock button system, so I'm looking for some insight on what I can and can't do with the install. One thing I do know is that I can't install the VSS & Remote Start Module and program new original style key fobs with the engine start button, I'd have to use the fobs for the VSS system.

I've read that some Edge models with power lift gate had the remote start built-in and just need an antenna install and activation. Is this possible on the 2015 ?

Would really like to go this way, is there anything I need besides the antenna, two key fobs with engine start button, and having the dealer activate it ?

I can always install the Remote Access System but would like to know what all my options are.

Thanks

I am new to this forum. I purchased a 2015 Titanium in August 2015. Everything was going great until we got to winter here in southern Wisconsin. When we travel roads that are salted/sanded the salt/sand gets inside the bottom of the doors and sits on the lip. Twice it even plugged the drain holes in the doors. Took it into my dealer. The dealer contacted Ford and Ford said thats the way the car is designed. It is the buyers problem. Anyone else with some history here? I see some of the older models had this issue but I would have thought the 2015 redesign would have fixed it. Other than this problem we really like the car.

• 4 weeks later...

I just discovered an odor that is very nasty. I am not really sure where it is coming from, but believe its origin is under the hood. I first noticed it the second or third time I used the AC. I parked in my garage after the first time and I noticed that there was no lingering trace of the odor, nor any drips or possible sources observed. Today I went out with the AC on and had the odor coming out of the dash vents ( in reg. or recirc. mode) and after returning and parking in the garage the smell was obvious, yet not easily traced to something I could pinpoint. The odor is unlike anything I have ever smelled coming from / out of an automobile. Not really a burned lube smell or burned plastic smell, but somewhat like that. There is no telltale noise, no smoke, nor visible fume. I will have to dig under the engine cover, or might just run it to the dealer. By the way, the AC seems to be working as it should. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Edited by Chipster

I just discovered an odor that is very nasty. I am not really sure where it is coming from, but believe its origin is under the hood. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Most likely it's from a clogged evaporation core drain. This allows mildew and mold to grow and produce a foul selling odor to be present in the air stream.

Easiest way to fix is to buy some Lubegard and squirting it up into the hearer/AC drain. It will foam and fill all the nooks and crannies of the cores, kill all the nasty stuff and then turn to a liquid and drain out.

http://www.amazon.com/Lubegard-96030-Evaporator-Heater-Cleaner/dp/B0007PHD0S

Here's a YouTube video on how to do it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi22mdXj3wM

Edited by enigma-2

If you put the system on HEAT, any trace of the odor? Anything fallen into the windshield cowling? Check the cabin air filter also. Does it smell like burnt milk maybe? That would point to refrigerant/PAG oil, possibly contaminated somehow.

I'll try this and report back.

Most likely it's from a clogged evaporation core drain. This allows mildew and mold to grow and produce a foul selling odor to be present in the air stream.

Easiest way to fix is to buy some Lubegard and squirting it up into the hearer/AC drain. It will foam and fill all the nooks and crannies of the cores, kill all the nasty stuff and then turn to a liquid and drain out.

http://www.amazon.com/Lubegard-96030-Evaporator-Heater-Cleaner/dp/B0007PHD0S

Here's a YouTube video on how to do it:

I find it hard to believe it is this on a vehicle so new, besides it smells nothing like mildew or mold.

As a secondary question: Do your electric fans run on initial start-up even when the vehicle is cold?

Edited by Chipster