What do HATE MOST about your Edge or MKX?

enigma-2

On 6/17/2020 at 8:17 PM, WxManChris said:

MFT keeps kicking the radio out of 'surround' mode and back to 'stereo' at seemingly random times.  Anyone know why this happens?

No surround signal being received ? 

(Ok, I'm guessing).

On my THX system, the surround stays locked on, but reverts back to stereo as I rarely play any surround sound DVD's. (If fact I only own a few disks. Too difficult to find, too expensive. But great sound in 96 kHz/24 bit).

Edited by enigma-2

Not fond of the fact that my EDGE ST does not have a heated steering wheel. 

Odd, because it virtually has all other options/perks. Rather weird. I miss that feature from my Mustang GT.

Lastly, the exhaust sound. Honestly, why did Ford do what they did? Give me real sound, even more so since this is an ST. Probably just missing the sound of my GT...  

Just upgraded to a 2019 SEL from a 2011 model. Wasn't happy to discover the cargo floor/spare tire compartment cover is not attached with hinge like previous model. It seems to always move around and need to be readjusted when I fold the rear seats down. I bought a cargo bed liner which helps somewhat. I also wish they had figured out a way to make the seats fold to allow a completely flat cargo surface. 

2 hours ago, circatee said:

Odd, because it virtually has all other options/perks. Rather weird. I miss that feature from my Mustang GT.

Lastly, the exhaust sound. Honestly, why did Ford do what they did? Give me real sound, even more so since this is an ST. Probably just missing the sound of my GT...  

If you had the cold weather package it would have a heated steering wheel.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On the 14 SEL AWD that I inherited, it's an ok vehicle, decent in the winter months, pretty good power, (3.5) although you have to get it over 4 grand to get anywhere quickly! the 6 spd is just ok, doesn't really like to be hustled, but the absolute worst feature of the first gens, it the G.D steering wheel doesn't go low enough!!! it's like driving an over-the-road tractor, so actually that makes the telescopic part of the tilt system worthless also! Otherwise, it goes down the road good, gets around 22 combined mpg, good back seat space, and seating.

There's not a lot I don't love about my Edge - other than Sync 3.

It is unresponsive (it takes an age every day to load up GPS/Sat Nav) and is useless with any of my iPods, despite Ford's claims of compatibility. It is constantly freezing up, is very unresponsive, skips tracks, fails to display artwork and is forever "indexing" tacks.

The old Sync 1 I had in my Mondeo worked absolutely perfectly with all four of my iPods.

1 hour ago, niceonept said:

There's not a lot I don't love about my Edge - other than Sync 3.

It is unresponsive (it takes an age every day to load up GPS/Sat Nav) and is useless with any of my iPods, despite Ford's claims of compatibility. It is constantly freezing up, is very unresponsive, skips tracks, fails to display artwork and is forever "indexing" tacks.

The old Sync 1 I had in my Mondeo worked absolutely perfectly with all four of my iPods.

You have a bad apim.  I have it in 2 vehicles with no problems but I did have to get the apim replaced once in the f150 for similar issues.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

You have a bad apim.  I have it in 2 vehicles with no problems but I did have to get the apim replaced once in the f150 for similar issues.

Thanks. What iPods do you use?

I have a 7th gen Classic 160gb, a 6th gen Classic 120gb, a 2nd gen Touch and a 3rd gen Nano. 

The Classics don't really work at all and the Nano no more than about 15 minutes without crashing. The Touch is OK..ish but even that fails regularly.

Edited by niceonept

3 hours ago, niceonept said:

Thanks. What iPods do you use?

I have a 7th gen Classic 160gb, a 6th gen Classic 120gb, a 2nd gen Touch and a 3rd gen Nano. 

The Classics don't really work at all and the Nano no more than about 15 minutes without crashing. The Touch is OK..ish but even that fails regularly.

No IPods just a usb flash drive with mp3s or I use my iPhone via Bluetooth.

On 4/1/2021 at 4:41 PM, circatee said:

Swapping steering wheels is relatively painless. Just need the steering wheel and the harness and a quick change via FORscan and you will be good to go.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, vakilpaul2 said:

I have a 2009 Limited (fully loaded, almost every option). It has power driver and passenger seats, however, the seat backs are manual. You have to lift the lever and lean forward or back and release the lever to adjust the angle on the seat backs. Hate it!

Agreed its annoying. I had a 2003 Expedition with power fold seats. Want to lower them press the button.... want to raise them push the button.... I guess Ford decided that they were saving monies across the board..... Don't think you're missing out on anything by getting a new model..... New model....same nonsense.  Perhaps if one of the Nautilus owners sees this they can let us know if they have power rear seats.

1 hour ago, onyxbfly said:

Agreed its annoying. I had a 2003 Expedition with power fold seats. Want to lower them press the button.... want to raise them push the button.... I guess Ford decided that they were saving monies across the board..... Don't think you're missing out on anything by getting a new model..... New model....same nonsense.  Perhaps if one of the Nautilus owners sees this they can let us know if they have power rear seats.

He was talking about the seat backs for the driver and passenger not the rear seats.  On some models Ford went with manual seatbaks but power everything else.  Very strange.

4 hours ago, akirby said:

He was talking about the seat backs for the driver and passenger not the rear seats.  On some models Ford went with manual seatbaks but power everything else.  Very strange.

Doh! Thanks for the clarification! I know a lot of options are removed on the SE trim but manual driver and passenger in a edge is a first for me.  Very strange indeed!

• 4 months later...

I guess I’m easy to please. It is what it is. That’s how it was made. I don’t have any squeaks or rattles but that would be a bummer couldn’t stand  that, One stupid light, down low on the right! Sheesh. As soon as you load basically anything you have no light.  spice money login  myfiosgateway

Edited by nbaever3

• 2 months later...
On 6/17/2021 at 2:13 PM, onyxbfly said:

Doh! Thanks for the clarification! I know a lot of options are removed on the SE trim but manual driver and passenger in a edge is a first for me.  Very strange indeed!

My 2009 MKX has 10-way front seats. I believe you would have to upgrade to Lincoln to get power seat backs.

Meant it to read power "seat-backs".

I didn't remember the Edge offering power seat-backs. Only the Lincoln offered power seat-backs.

Lincoln had 10-way front seats, Ford had 6-way power seats.

Speaking of back seats, I can live with manual fold up rear seats, I wish they had designed them to lay flat (like in the Navigator).

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

1. Apple CarPlay connection is unreliable. Sometimes it resolves by disconnecting the bluetooth and reconnecting via Ford’s touchscreen, and sometimes I have to reboot the phone entirely. A wired connection doesn’t even resolve the issue.

2. The heated seat controls on the touchscreen are sliders for some reason. It’s so obvious that these should be single-press controls for Low, Medium, & High settings, but Ford forces you to look away from the road for an extended period of time to actuate the sliders up and down. Terrible feature.

• Like 1

My 2021 has been flawless. Only wish they left manual controls for seat heater and air conditioner. Using screen while moving can sometimes be a little tricky as you should be watching road not screen. Still trying to use voice to set controls, but sometimes not recognized properly.

You know you can add a wireless backup camera right? Many options for where to put screen.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2019 edge st I have two things I don't "love" about this vehicle. The EXPLODER I traded in had power folding outside mirrors I sort of miss those. Two. My sound system doesn't want to play my iPod . it appears to play, but no sound comes out. that's ok, I don't use it anyways.