What do HATE MOST about your Edge or MKX?

enigma-2

2 hours ago, nitehawk said:

They have stopped putting signal lights in the mirrors , kind of like those.

Only had the Edge a week , still playing with all the settings , gets frustrating sometimes.

A printed owners manual would be great , the online manual sucks !

Not sure what year or model you have, but while they did go away on the SEL and ST-Line in 2021, but the Titanium and ST still have them, if you are referring the ones on the front of the mirror and not the ones in the mirror (which I don't think they ever had).

I rarely need the paper owners manual, but when I do, it is handy. I tried the owners manual using the SYNC 4 screen and it was okay, but not as handy as the PDF and searching, the HTML version is hard to navigate passed a certain number of pages or continue on without going back to the index.

You may like paper manuals (which you could print or have a printshop do and bind for you) once you download the PDF manual to your phone tablet or computer it is so much easier. Ctrl F or a search button brings up "search" type anything you need such as "gas" or "towing" and you'll get links to find every spot in the manual that finds that word. Super quick to find exactly what you are looking for. I download a PDF for everything we own, refrig, dishwasher, tv..... All right there in a "Manuals" folder in the cloud (Dropbox, iCloud, OneDrive... Your choice) instead of piled up in an overstuffed drawer. Can get to from any device.

14 hours ago, dabangsta said:

Not sure what year or model you have, but while they did go away on the SEL and ST-Line in 2021, but the Titanium and ST still have them, if you are referring the ones on the front of the mirror and not the ones in the mirror (which I don't think they ever had).

I rarely need the paper owners manual, but when I do, it is handy. I tried the owners manual using the SYNC 4 screen and it was okay, but not as handy as the PDF and searching, the HTML version is hard to navigate passed a certain number of pages or continue on without going back to the index.

They used to have a strip type of light on the mirror , I have a 24 ST Line.

I'm 68 and just moved up from a 2005 Five Hundred so it's a bit of a learning curve for me.

2 hours ago, MLTEdge said:

You may like paper manuals (which you could print or have a printshop do and bind for you) once you download the PDF manual to your phone tablet or computer it is so much easier. Ctrl F or a search button brings up "search" type anything you need such as "gas" or "towing" and you'll get links to find every spot in the manual that finds that word. Super quick to find exactly what you are looking for. I download a PDF for everything we own, refrig, dishwasher, tv..... All right there in a "Manuals" folder in the cloud (Dropbox, iCloud, OneDrive... Your choice) instead of piled up in an overstuffed drawer. Can get to from any device.

Yeah I know , well like I already said I'm 68 and grumpy.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/30/2023 at 7:07 PM, nitehawk said:

A printed owners manual would be great , the online manual sucks !

You can pruchase a printed version of your owners manual (don't know what the price is, didn’t call.)

Physical or hard copies of Owner’s Manuals are also available for purchase from our publications suppliers. Contact them using the information below:

Helm Inc. or 1-800-782-4356 (1940 to present)

Bishko or 1-800-544-3312 (1910 to present)

• 1 month later...

My husband added a non Toyota rear camera to our older Camry. Sorry to be contrary to everyone. Your experience is your experience. But I wanted to express my experience too. Overall I think the 2017 is a very nice vehicle. Of course it is getting long in its current cycle and the bugs are being worked out. The only thing I would change Is the floor rim when you step in. I think it is unnecessarily high and someone could trip on it. Our Ford Windstar had a level floor where it met the door. No rim to step over.

9apps

Edited by narayan67v

• 3 weeks later...

I've had my 2021 Edge ST-Line for ~1 month.  I am really enjoying this as my daily driver, and I think I already changed the little things that annoyed me the most:

• I used FORSCAN to disable the double honk when closing the door while leaving it running
  • I also used FORSCAN to change the turn signal "tap" from 3 to 5 flashes
  • Disabled the seat belt chime

I think my only other gripe is with the TPMS..  On my 2012 CTS-V I'm able to see the tire pressure in each tire, but on the Edge maybe I just haven't found the menu yet.

3 hours ago, Mysticine said:

I think my only other gripe is with the TPMS..  On my 2012 CTS-V I'm able to see the tire pressure in each tire, but on the Edge maybe I just haven't found the menu yet.

It is available. You can view it or if you get a pressure fault it will show it with the pressures so you know which one is low. On the left screen, select Display Mode then up and down to Tire Pressure.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 12:23 PM, dabangsta said:

It is available. You can view it or if you get a pressure fault it will show it with the pressures so you know which one is low. On the left screen, select Display Mode then up and down to Tire Pressure.

? I meant to come on here and say thank you the other day.  Thank you!  I failed to notice that there was an up/down option in the "Display Mode" setting and thought the only thing being displayed was the tachometer.  I can't help but laugh at myself - thanks again for pointing this out!