Did someone had to ORDER their Edge?

Back in 2016, I bought my Titanium off the showroom floor 'cause it was the exact car I wanted, but now three years later I'm looking to buy a 2019 Titanium, BLACK with the "Elite" package, black interior and NO trailer hitch but the dealer can't find one for me.:shrug: He did find one but it has a brown interior…:(… and it also has a trailer hitch which I do not want for these reasons: 1° I have one on my F350 pickup plus another one on my girlfriend's MKX so I definitely don't need a third one.  2° I don't feel like paying extra money for something I'll never use and last, I find the rear of the vehicle looks cleaner without a hitch.

I'll tell the dealer to keep looking for another week and if he doesn't find one, then I'll have no other choice but to order one.  I was told the price he gave me would remain the same but it could take up to 2 months…

--> So this is why I was asking if someone here actually had to order their Edge because they couldn't find what they wanted on any dealer's lots?

Edited by 2FAST4U

2 hours ago, Nolan said:

" Might want to think about waiting and ordering a 2020." 

Yeah but it wouldn't be the same price… :huh: besides, I'm fine with a 2019. The way things are evolving now (or rather not evolving) it's very likely that I'll order one next week.

Claude. ;)

• Like 1

On 23 mai 2019 at 1:02 PM, ben senise said:

"order it. it'll take a couple of months but you get exactly what you want".

Well that's exactly what happened. My dealer, seeing that he was not able to find what I wanted anywhere finally decided to order one even without asking me to give him a deposit. I'm expecting a two months wait.

Claude. 

• 2 weeks later...

A little update…My new Edge should arrive at my dealer sometime during the first week of July… Can't wait!!:)  It's going to be L-O-A-D-E-D, (incl. the dvd players). The only missing option will be the trailer hitch which I didn't want 'cause I already have a pickup with a hitch on it.

Claude.:happyfeet:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered and bought mine from my local dealer when I was abroad because he had one in stock in the color I wanted ( I'd never sat in an Edge, let alone test drive one).

Dealership picked me up from the airport and straight to collect the Edge Sport.

Edited by 1004ron

On 6 juillet 2019 at 6:51 PM, Xtra said:

Congrats :congrats:awesome car!!

On 7 juillet 2019 at 12:22 AM, ben senise said:

looks great claude. congratulations.

wasn't such a long wait after all :)

On 7 juillet 2019 at 1:45 PM, onyxbfly said:

Feels almost like yesterday when the you mentioned ordering your edge!  Hope she's everything you wanted!

Thanks everyone for the good comments, I appreciate… :thumbsup: I'm picking it up Thursday morning and I can't wait! :love_shower: I'm also glad to know that my 2016 Titanium will be going to a good home as it's my father-in-law who's buying it.

I'll get back with more pictures sometimes this week. Thanks again guys!

Claude. :)

Edited by 2FAST4U

On 11 juillet 2019 at 4:31 PM, onyxbfly said:

Congrats, may she provide you with many years of comfort, speed, and service to come!

On 11 juillet 2019 at 6:03 PM, ben senise said:

looks gorgeous. hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

On 12 juillet 2019 at 3:04 AM, omar302 said:

Congrats @2FAST4U, nice ride. Also those wheels are amongs the nicest on the Edge. Definitely better looking than the ST's wheels. 

Thanks guys, I appreciate! ;) …and "omar302" you're right about the wheels … I find them nicer than the ones I had on my '16...

For a comparison, here are my 2016 20'' wheels (larger picture) vs my 2019 20'' wheels (smaller picture)...

Claude.

DSCN5211.JPG

IMG_20190705_140706 2.jpg

Edited by 2FAST4U
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

…and "omar302" you're right about the wheels … I find them nicer than the ones I had on my '16...

For a comparison, here are my 2016 20'' wheels (larger picture) vs my 2019 20'' wheels (smaller picture)...

although i like the new ones, if you offered to give me either set, i would take the '16 ones. i really like those ones. let me know if you want to get rid of them :)

On 13 juillet 2019 at 5:27 PM, ben senise said:

although i like the new ones, if you offered to give me either set, i would take the '16 ones. i really like those ones. let me know if you want to get rid of them :)

Ben…they were on the car when I bought it back in '16 and remained on the car when I sold it… :doh:

Claude.