Jump to content
Denny Gaughan

Livernois ST Tune

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, jamie1073 said:

 

Oh I do that to depending on where I am driving, sometimes I am lazy and just click the up shifts and then let it timeout and go back to normal mode.  Lol

 

In the 2019 Edge Owners Manual, it states you can can disable manual control by pressing holding the upshift (+) paddle. This seems to be something new as it wasn't mentioned in previous models and doesn't work on my 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello ST world.  I just picked mine up about a month ago.  Really like the ride.  It has a very confident feel to it.  Performance is solid, but like many here, I know that engine can do better.  So I just ordered my Livernois tune baby!  ships tomorrow and I will have it installed soon!  stay tuned.  

 

I've seen a guy here doing stock 5.8 and under 0-60 consistently and maybe it's my launch, but I am definitely not getting close to that.  I don't have dragy, but what i do have puts me at 6.1 at the fastest.  Looking to get around 5.5 0 -60 and a sub 14 1/4 mile and ill be stoked.  

Edited by 19EdgeSTeve
stock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 19EdgeSTeve said:

Hello ST world.  I just picked mine up about a month ago.  Really like the ride.  It has a very confident feel to it.  Performance is solid, but like many here, I know that engine can do better.  So I just ordered my Livernois tune baby!  ships tomorrow and I will have it installed soon!  stay tuned.  

 

I've seen a guy here doing stock 5.8 and under 0-60 consistently and maybe it's my launch, but I am definitely not getting close to that.  I don't have dragy, but what i do have puts me at 6.1 at the fastest.  Looking to get around 5.5 0 -60 and a sub 14 1/4 mile and ill be stoked.  

 

When I returned to stock and used my Dragy I got between 5.6-5.8 0-60 on the same road I use to do it with my tune, where I have got as low as 5.1-5.3 consistently.  Today with a .37% up angle road I got 5.25 with a (1ft) roll of 5.02, which should be close to what you get at the track.  My 1/4's are in the mid 13's depending on the launch.  I need to hit a track to get an actual time now that I know the sweet spot to launch.  You need to get past the 1000 miles break in to get full boost on the stock tune.  It is limited before that mileage.  And stock it is limited in 1st and 2nd, it is tuned as well but not as much. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dragy is very accurate, less than 1/10 difference VS Track on 1/4 mile. 

 

I got data from about 30 runs posted in the tune section (just a few topics down from this one) running e35, 105, e50 with e30 tune. 3 different days, many runs. 

Edited by 037
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 037 said:

Dragy is very accurate, less than 1/10 difference VS Track on 1/4 mile. 

 

I got data from about 30 runs posted in the tune section (just a few topics done from this one) running e35, 105, e50 with e30 tune. 3 different days, many runs. 

 

I have seen them.  I just want to get to a track for a flat surface and do a few runs.  Currently where I play is kind of a wavy, up and down a bit, road.  I do the runs both ways so the results kind of average out.  But they are all less than a 1% elevation change start to finish.  Most times where I do it is less than .5%.  There is one where it is a slight up of .3-.4% but not long enough that flat for a 1/4 mile run.  I would love to find some E85 fuel so I can do an E30 tune. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jamie1073 said:

 

I have seen them.  I just want to get to a track for a flat surface and do a few runs.  Currently where I play is kind of a wavy, up and down a bit, road.  I do the runs both ways so the results kind of average out.  But they are all less than a 1% elevation change start to finish.  Most times where I do it is less than .5%.  There is one where it is a slight up of .3-.4% but not long enough that flat for a 1/4 mile run.  I would love to find some E85 fuel so I can do an E30 tune. 

You can always grab a can of race-gas and run the 100 tune at 105 octane. With a hard enough launch you will get some wheel hop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 3:26 PM, jamie1073 said:

 

When I returned to stock and used my Dragy I got between 5.6-5.8 0-60 on the same road I use to do it with my tune, where I have got as low as 5.1-5.3 consistently.  Today with a .37% up angle road I got 5.25 with a (1ft) roll of 5.02, which should be close to what you get at the track.  My 1/4's are in the mid 13's depending on the launch.  I need to hit a track to get an actual time now that I know the sweet spot to launch.  You need to get past the 1000 miles break in to get full boost on the stock tune.  It is limited before that mileage.  And stock it is limited in 1st and 2nd, it is tuned as well but not as much. 

I couldn't even wait 1000 miles.  LMS 93 installed and Holy crap does it pull.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I am curious now and I am going to ask Livernois if they could either make the trans skip 2nd when at WOT or just eliminate it all together so it reverts basically back to the old 6 speed with an extra overdrive gear.  I think we could definitely be at least a tenth quicker to 60 and maybe more to the 1/4.  I get such a hesitation/skip when it quickly bumps 2nd at the end of 1st and goes to 3rd.  There is no need to 2nd under hard driving conditions and it really only helps in maybe making city driving a little more smooth.  But I have a tune so I do not care for that type of behavior and it was good for the previous models to have no gear there.  I think if it did not have to pause there for that 2 gear shift boost would hold better and of course it would be quicker without that pause. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jamie1073 said:

So I am curious now and I am going to ask Livernois if they could either make the trans skip 2nd when at WOT or just eliminate it all together so it reverts basically back to the old 6 speed with an extra overdrive gear.  I think we could definitely be at least a tenth quicker to 60 and maybe more to the 1/4.  I get such a hesitation/skip when it quickly bumps 2nd at the end of 1st and goes to 3rd.  There is no need to 2nd under hard driving conditions and it really only helps in maybe making city driving a little more smooth.  But I have a tune so I do not care for that type of behavior and it was good for the previous models to have no gear there.  I think if it did not have to pause there for that 2 gear shift boost would hold better and of course it would be quicker without that pause. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that you want to be faster in a straight line. But what i love about the st and the tune is the power across the rpm band. I have no doubt that a stock edge sport would smoke a tuned st in the quarter mile.  But i also  have no doubt that the linervois 93 tuned ST would smoke most $60,000 SUVs around a track. Including any tuned edge sport. Honestly a stock ST would smoke any stock tuned sport around any track. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A stock Sport would certainly not beat a tuned ST drag racing and the handling benefits of ST might be easily not enough to over come the difference in power from a tuned Sport. An interesting theory tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I get that.  The ST handles very nice.   I came from a Focus ST so yes it will be a lot of other SUV's on a track but let's not get carried away here.  Lol! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that a stock Sport is faster than a stock ST.  The ST handles better than a stock Edge Sport. 

Edited by onyxbfly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the ST being faster or better handling than the 2015-2018 Sport, I don't recall any credible review that made a direct comparison. Also all of Ford's media about the improvements made on the ST were not clear wether or not they were actually improved upon the regular Edge or the previous Sport. So you really need someone who drove both back to back to affirm how much better the ST's handling is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, omar302 said:

Regarding the ST being faster or better handling than the 2015-2018 Sport, I don't recall any credible review that made a direct comparison. Also all of Ford's media about the improvements made on the ST were not clear wether or not they were actually improved upon the regular Edge or the previous Sport. So you really need someone who drove both back to back to affirm how much better the ST's handling is.

 

Just going by reviews the Sport is one tenth quicker to 60 than the ST.  The Sport can also be tuned for more power due to knowing what the 6 speed trans can handle.  The same reviews also stated that the ST handled better than the Sport both around the skidpad and on the road.  And just looking at the updates Ford did to the shocks and roll bars also would have improved the handling over a Sport model.  Now I have never been able to figure out at what mileage the ST was tested at since it does not get full boost until after 1000 miles on the clock, at least from my experience and others on the Forum.  It never gets remotely close to holding even 17psi of boost no matter the conditions until after 1000 miles.  Now when I went back to stock tune on mine I got anywhere from a 5.6-5.8 0-60 time, and that was not on a flat track so it varied.  I got more close to 5.6 than I did 5.8 and most reviews had it at 5.8 and as high as 6.1.  All I know is that without the new 2nd gear it would be quicker to 60 than it is now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I wait for my LMS tune to get updated to work on the new strategy I did a nice morning run with the stock tune today.  Here are the results.  Car said outside temp was 36 degrees.  This should also show that the ST would do a lot better with a better FMIC since I assume the Charge Air Temps were around 110+ degrees instead of the normal summertime 190+ degrees.  So an FMIC would keep the temps around this range or lower in the summer.  Anyway will update when I get the tune back on.  They said this is a new strategy that me and another ST owner have and they need to make the tune for it so it will be more than the 24-48 hour turn around. 

IMG_2221.PNG

IMG_2222.PNG

IMG_2220.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the version of the tune on the strategy you are waiting for, V3 or maybe V4?

Edited by Sage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sage said:

What is the version of the tune on the strategy you are waiting for, V3 or maybe V4?

 

No idea, the new codes are as follows.  I guess they had no seen them yet so they are updating.  It would be nice if it is a V4 tune and I guess I will find out soon enough. 

 

ECU/Strategy code  CNDM2JN.H32
SW ID Number  K2GA-14C204-DGB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2019 at 3:46 PM, jamie1073 said:

 

Just going by reviews the Sport is one tenth quicker to 60 than the ST.  The Sport can also be tuned for more power due to knowing what the 6 speed trans can handle.  The same reviews also stated that the ST handled better than the Sport both around the skidpad and on the road.  And just looking at the updates Ford did to the shocks and roll bars also would have improved the handling over a Sport model.  Now I have never been able to figure out at what mileage the ST was tested at since it does not get full boost until after 1000 miles on the clock, at least from my experience and others on the Forum.  It never gets remotely close to holding even 17psi of boost no matter the conditions until after 1000 miles.  Now when I went back to stock tune on mine I got anywhere from a 5.6-5.8 0-60 time, and that was not on a flat track so it varied.  I got more close to 5.6 than I did 5.8 and most reviews had it at 5.8 and as high as 6.1.  All I know is that without the new 2nd gear it would be quicker to 60 than it is now. 

 

On 10/12/2019 at 9:41 AM, onyxbfly said:

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that a stock Sport is faster than a stock ST.  The ST handles better than a stock Edge Sport. 

 

i hope you both realize the main reason for the increased handling is the dedicated sub 350 wear summer tires that ford put on there.......

 

put the same tire on the sport and it would literally do the same thing with a bit less rebound control due to the ever so slightly stiffer mono-tube shocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the tune back on it, no updated revision just the update for the strategy codes. 

 

First two are stock then the second  are the 93 tune.  Same exact road.  May have started a little bit down the road than before. 

 

stock60.jpg

stockquarter.jpg

93tune60.jpg

93tunequater.jpg

Edited by jamie1073
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Livernois has released v3 of the tune and then an update to v3.  I have both but it I need to see how dry the road is this morning to do at least a 0-60 then switch to the newer version I got last night and see if there is any difference.  I got v3 two days ago but it was snowing and my Dragy was dead.  It did have more boost in the lower gear and seemed to pull better but it also was 22F out at the time. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2020 at 7:31 AM, jamie1073 said:

Livernois has released v3 of the tune and then an update to v3.  I have both but it I need to see how dry the road is this morning to do at least a 0-60 then switch to the newer version I got last night and see if there is any difference.  I got v3 two days ago but it was snowing and my Dragy was dead.  It did have more boost in the lower gear and seemed to pull better but it also was 22F out at the time. 

 

With the Livernois tune, how does this affect everyday driving?  Does it feel jumpy when you just want to smoothly accelerate in city/highway driving?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, txaggie said:

 

With the Livernois tune, how does this affect everyday driving?  Does it feel jumpy when you just want to smoothly accelerate in city/highway driving?  

 

It might have a bit firmer shift, other than that driveability is not affected. If the shifts are to firm they can be softened, no problem. The LMS tune is great for every day driving.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the tune give more accel say up to 30mph?  My ST is less than impressive off the line. Can a person get the 87 tune and make an improvement here. I have the  unleashed tune in my F150, currently using the 87 tune and can't really tell much difference but is feels like it is quicker that the ST.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×