Livernois ST Tune

Denny Gaughan

I think 87 octane is the limiting factor to having meaningful gains with a tune. 91 and up is where the gains are more noticeable. You should reach out to Torrie with regard to tuning your Edge. I spoke with him at length about tuning my Lincoln. He seems like a stand up guy and knows this platform inside out.

On 5/15/2020 at 6:01 AM, dajo2012 said:

Does the tune give more accel say up to 30mph?  My ST is less than impressive off the line. Can a person get the 87 tune and make an improvement here. I have the  unleashed tune in my F150, currently using the 87 tune and can't really tell much difference but is feels like it is quicker that the ST.

In a turbo car the fuel you use is important. The higher the octane the more power you can make without knocking. If you have an ST try 91 or 93 fuel you should feel a positive difference over 87. A  LMS performance tune with 93 will make a ton more power and accelerate way faster than running on 87 with no tune. 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 5:37 PM, Xtra said:

It might have a bit firmer shift, other than that driveability is not affected. If the shifts are to firm they can be softened, no problem. The LMS tune is great for every day driving.

Does the tune disable or reset the FORScan modifications?

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/22/2019 at 7:40 AM, jamie1073 said:

Just ordered my Livernois MyCalibrator Touch on Thursday.  Should be here Monday to get me started on my ST tune.  I am going to leave the rest stock for now since it is a lease and get at least a 91 and 93 tune and maybe a tow tune since you get 4.  I have recorded a 5.8 0-60 times using my wifi OBDII adapter and the Car Scanner App on my iPhone, it is around 5.81.  Did basically the same in both normal and sport mode and trying to brake torque.  I will test again before I update the tune and then test on the 91 and again on the 93 tune files.  No one seems to post any numbers so I figure I will do that.  I know it does not tell us the power increase but I feel it is more useful since it will show what they can do with the trans as well as increased power to hopefully net a nice gain.  I picked them since I like the increased mid range torque on the dyno they have posted and the fact they will give you up to 4 tunes that you can change at anytime, like if there is a new revision, for free.  Anyway we shall see I guess. 

Hey was wondering if you ever ran some 0-60’swith the LMS 93 tune. Having a hard time deciding if I should do unleashed, lms, or one of the others.