latest nav card

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Old thread, but there’s a new A13 version out.
$190 from Ford parts (ouch), I’m trying a non-oem knockoff ($58) just to see if the encryption is an issue as some have said before. Will report back, it’s coming this Thursday and I should know real quick like… yes I know most “too good to be true” is usually that but ya’ might win one.

• Like 1

One other problem to consider, other users have reported that Chinese clone cards worked properly when first used, then fail after a few weeks.

$190? Really? What a ripoff. I had to swallow hard to cough up $150. 

If you don't need the most current (you don't use your car for employment), I'd skip each year and update ever 2 or 3 years. (Use Google maps to fill in when needed). It's what I did. 

Know what I  mean?

Huh?     Huh?     Huh? .... Hey, hey, you know what I mean?

Huh?

Edited by enigma-2

I’m keeping the A11 just in case.

Hope that Amazon will refund the knockoff sd card if within the 30 days.  It’s just a roll of the dice.

I want to see if my 2 yr old neighborhood shows up on the new one, be nice to not be off in “nothing land”.

Like I said, will report back.  With only 9 reviews it’s an unknown.  At least they weren’t 5 star “works grate” ESL spelling.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link, it shows the A13 as the latest at $149, which is what the A11 cost me in 2020 at a Ford dealer.  Don’t know why my local dealer parts quoted $190 but it doesn’t matter.  If this clone fails I will just wait another 2 years then update.

Edited by 14AWD3.5
Typo

Havent driven the car yet but the clone A13 did load, read, and showed my street (which is only a year old), so that’s what I wanted. For $59 as long as it holds it’s a good deal compared to Ford parts price.

There is a paper with instructions that discuss what version of nav and settings you have and if you need to go to the dealer to get it updated. Mine were fine, based on the A11 chip I had gotten in summer 2020.
There’s a possibility that when I bought the Edge used in 2016 it had been updated but not likely. 

• Like 1

A local trip saw no problems with nav or settings, roads that weren’t on the A11 card are now on this A13. As long as it holds up it saved me $90 + tax.
So far I’d recommend it to anyone who wants a recent update.  Yes your phone is likely more up-to-date however I like the built in nav.

Update: It’s been over a month now and the chip is working fine. Highly recommend.

Edited by 14AWD3.5
Updated info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/23/2022 at 12:18 PM, 14AWD3.5 said:

Don’t know why my local dealer parts quoted $190 but it doesn’t matter. 

Well, they 'do' have to install it. LOL

Probably quoted cost plus 1/2 hour labor (minimum at most dealers). But hey! You don't need all those special tools or get skinned knuckles installing......  ?

• Haha 1

Glad to hear that the card worked out for you! Spending $60 for the clone vs $140 at the Stealership (rounding up) is definitely worth it. Spending damn $200 to update the NAV in SYNC2 not so much! You could gather all the parts apart from the USB harness from a salvage yard for a hundo or so, and upgrade  to SYNC3!

I don't know if this is still available, but in Dec. 2021 Ford sent me this offer.  For $243 I got a subscription for Nav updates for 5 years.  I paid extra for the USB update, it was cheaper if you do OTA updates.

I did it for the 2017 Edge and my 2016 F-150.  That is actually cheaper than the clone if you do it annually.

I cut out my personal stuff, but here is one receipt.  If interested, contact Ford or ALOM to see if that is still available.

Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2021 6:41 PM
To:
Subject: Order Confirmation – syncnavigation.com

ORDER CONFIRMATION

Dear

Thank you for placing your order with syncnavigation.com on Dec 02, 2021.

Order Number: 819648

Quantity

Product Description

Price

Total

SYNC® 3 USB (5-Year Subscription)

$239

$243.45

DELIVERY METHOD: Standard Shipping

ORDER SUMMARY

Subtotal

$239

Shipping

$4.45

Tax

$0

Total

$243.45

DELIVERY ADDRESS:

PAYMENT ADDRESS:

We will email a tracking number once your order has been shipped.

Should you have any questions about your order or shopping at syncnavigation.com, please
CONTACT US.

Thank you for shopping at syncnavigation.com

Please see syncnavigation.com for applicable terms and privacy policy.

Best Regards,

The Customer Service Team

The entity you purchase this product from, along with the related fulfillment services provided, is ALOM located at 48105 Warm Springs Blvd, Fremont, CA 94539-7498

Just received another e-mail from Ford on the Nav update.  They have the 5-year rate again.

Announcing the SYNC® 3 Navigation Map Update.

244x68.png

SYNC 3 Navigation Map Update Hero

New Map = New Adventures.

Make more memories on the road with the SYNC® 3 Navigation Map Update, now available for your 2017 Ford Edge, 2017 Ford Edge, 2017 Ford Edge, 2016 Ford F-Series, 2016 Ford F-Series, and 2016 Ford F-Series. No matter your destination, you’ll be informed of all the new roads and ways to get there. Other new features you can enjoy with the latest software update* include:

- Speed limit updates
- Updated turn restrictions and traffic changes
- New Points of Interest

Visit your local Ford Dealership or click on the link below to start your update today.

Let us help you update.

*Data points above represent changes in the HERE Map Database from Q2 21.
Exact data may vary by product. The current Map version is NA 2 21.

61x54.png

ENHANCED
DRIVING EXPERIENCE

61x70.png

IMPROVED
PRODUCTIVITY

Here's Whats New*

·        Millions of New Map Updates

·        New Roads

·        Speed Limit Updates

·        New Points of Interest

·        Updated Turn Restrictions & Traffic Changes

*Data points above represent the changes in the HERE Map Database from Q2 21. Exact data may vary by product. The current Map version is NA 2 21.

261x424.png

Ship Directly to Your Home or Contact Your Local Ford Dealership to Update Today

NEW 5 YEAR SUBSCRIPTION PLAN

$199

Update SYNC® 3 Map

Other annual update options available: Preloaded USB shipped directly to you for $149 or 1 file download for $109

© 2020 Ford Motor Company
https://syncnavigation.com/ford/home?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=link_map_update_announcement|us3_map_1&amp;utm_campaign=sync3_summer2021_ford&amp;utm_content=conversion

Edited by All Hat No Cattle
  • Like 1

So I just updated the '17 Edge Map from NA 2 20 to NA 2 21, by doing the free download instead of spending $40 for the USB thumb drive from Ford.

They give you detailed instructions for the download, and how to transfer it to your thumb drive. I had one typo in the filename and it would not load.

After finding and fixing my mistake, it loaded into the Edge with no problem.  The installation instructions are the same for your own drive or if you order one from Ford.

Now the important part, what did it cost?  The initial cost was $243 for 5 years, with the USB drive from Ford, see receipt above.

The receipt below shows the cost for the download I just installed, 3 downloads left.

Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 12:55 PM
To:
Subject: Order Confirmation – syncnavigation.com

ORDER CONFIRMATION

Dear

Thank you for placing your order with syncnavigation.com on Sep 20, 2022.

If you need to access your order to download your map again, please click here .

Order Number: 952770

Quantity

Product Description

Price

Total

SYNC® 3 (5-Year Subscription) File Download

$0

$0

ORDER SUMMARY

Subtotal

$0

Total

$0

Should you have any questions about your order or shopping at syncnavigation.com, please CONTACT US.

Thank you for shopping at syncnavigation.com

Please see syncnavigation.com for applicable terms and privacy policy.

Best Regards,

The Customer Service Team

The entity you purchase this product from, along with the related fulfillment services provided, is ALOM located at 48105 Warm Springs Blvd, Fremont, CA 94539-7498

• Like 1