My Stage 3 turbos are in!

EDGE.R

Please be careful, the LMS tune is not calibrated for your new turbos and can cause severe engine damage. UrbanFree recently destroyed his 2.7EB by running an LMS tune with a modified engine. I recommend that you get a custom tune and not mess around with LMS. The LMS tunes are great for stock cars. They are NOT designed for cars with modified aftermarket turbos. Contact Adam at ZFG  he can help you tune the car. 

Here is the thread:

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Xtra said:

Please be careful, the LMS tune is not calibrated for your new turbos and can cause severe engine damage. UrbanFree recently destroyed his 2.7EB by running an LMS tune with a modified engine. I recommend that you get a custom tune and not mess around with LMS. The LMS tunes are great for stock cars. They are NOT designed for cars with modified aftermarket turbos. Contact Adam at ZFG  he can help you tune the car. 

Here is the thread:

good point...maybe I should get it back to factory set up until I get the dyno tune ready but I hope to have the tuner ready once done

• Like 1

Even with the factory tune please be careful, keep it below 5,000RPM, and do not stress the engine. Before I got my tune in I ran the stock tune and the fuel-air mix was lean because the new turbos move so much more air. I cannot stress enough about being conservative until you get that tune in it sorted out. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Xtra said:

Even with the factory tune please be careful, keep it below 5,000RPM, and do not stress the engine. Before I got my tune in I ran the stock tune and the fuel-air mix was lean because the new turbos move so much more air. I cannot stress enough about being conservative until you get that tune in it sorted out. 

Ill drive like a old lady till I get the tune but, hoping to have that lined up afterinstall since there are no tuners for this cars near by. closest one is about 2 hours away here in orlando.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EDGE.R said:

Ill drive like a old lady till I get the tune but, hoping to have that lined up afterinstall since there are no tuners for this cars near by. closest one is about 2 hours away here in orlando.

I can not begin to emphasize to you that you can not use LMS to tune your vehicle. They "should" only tune your vehicle if its on their dyno, none of their off the shelf tunes are compatible with your new turbos. 

You should buy  the HPTuners MPVI2. With HPTuners you are not limited to one tuner. BCB, ZFG, Unleashed etc can use the HPTuner interface.   

Unleashed and ZFG will give you the quickest turn around time once you submit your stock tune.  Once they have  your stock tune they will provide you with an introductory tune that will compensate for your new turbos flow rate. 

After a few logs and back and forth correspondence you will be dialed in. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, onyxbfly said:

I can not begin to emphasize to you that you can not use LMS to tune your vehicle. They "should" only tune your vehicle if its on their dyno, none of their off the shelf tunes are compatible with your new turbos. 

You should buy  the HPTuners MPVI2. With HPTuners you are not limited to one tuner. BCB, ZFG, Unleashed etc can use the HPTuner interface.   

Unleashed and ZFG will give you the quickest turn around time once you submit your stock tune.  Once they have  your stock tune they will provide you with an introductory tune that will compensate for your new turbos flow rate. 

After a few logs and back and forth correspondence you will be dialed in. 

I will put it back to stock no worries.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 12:26 PM, 97novi2k said:

Im Getting ready to install my stage 3s but I’m also going E85. I’m using ZFG for the tuning 

The stock injectors and HPFP reach their limit with E85 and a tune. The HPFP can have pressure fluctuations trying to keep up with the demand, and injector life will be shortened considerably.  The safest and best way to run E85 is with the Xtreme DI HPFP and new larger injectors. Snmjim & Special_K are testing and working on bringing the new larger E85 injectors to market now.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 3:57 PM, Xtra said:

The stock injectors and HPFP reach their limit with E85 and a tune. The HPFP can have pressure fluctuations trying to keep up with the demand, and injector life will be shortened considerably.  The safest and best way to run E85 is with the Xtreme DI HPFP and new larger injectors. Snmjim & Special_K are testing and working on bringing the new larger E85 injectors to market now.

So the edge can safely run e50-e70 with no upgrades?

• Like 1

Keep us updated.  I've been talking with LMS lately about the CRP/CPE upgraded turbos and E85.  They've agreed that once I get the parts installed, I'll drop the car off so they can custom tune mine, and then make canned tunes for this for others so alls you'll need is their tuner and away you go.  I'm very curious what your ET/Trap speed is/what numbers you get as this is on my upgrade plans too.  Upgraded intercooler, solid intake/IC pipes, heat wrap everything, CRP Turbos and E85.  F150 2.7 guys put down 550hp on upgraded turbos and E85(granted theres are a little bigger compressor wheel) so 500awhp shouldn't be too out of the question for us.  My only concern is the PTU and Transmission.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrackedDSM said:

Keep us updated.  I've been talking with LMS lately about the CRP/CPE upgraded turbos and E85.  They've agreed that once I get the parts installed, I'll drop the car off so they can custom tune mine, and then make canned tunes for this for others so alls you'll need is their tuner and away you go.  I'm very curious what your ET/Trap speed is/what numbers you get as this is on my upgrade plans too.  Upgraded intercooler, solid intake/IC pipes, heat wrap everything, CRP Turbos and E85.  F150 2.7 guys put down 550hp on upgraded turbos and E85(granted theres are a little bigger compressor wheel) so 500awhp shouldn't be too out of the question for us.  My only concern is the PTU and Transmission.  

I strongly suggest, many others on here will to, to go with zfg tuning instead. Maybe you will be ok with taking it to their dyno but their rep outside of a stock tune upgrade has not been great with these engines.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 10/30/2020 at 5:13 PM, CrackedDSM said:

Did you wind up going with LMS and have it dyno tuned at their facility? 

On 10/30/2020 at 5:13 PM, CrackedDSM said:

i would steer clear of LMS like the plague, been down your road, im going to say that you will dyno about 470~485awhp with supporting mods on E.  best of luck

• Like 4