Is there anyone NOT having MFT issues?

Hi, I am new here and just curious and would like to hear from anyone who is not having issues with MFT. I will be purchasing a 2011 Edge Sport this month and reading all these issues kind of makes me a little nervous. :( Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Tina

I'm not having any issues. The system restarted once, but that's it. Also, I don't use bluetooth streaming. I have my iPhone connected for calls and an iPod nano connected via USB for music. The touch screen isn't as responsive as it could be, but hopefully that'll be fixed in an update. Overall, I absolutely love the system and my Edge Sport. It's a fine ride!

Had my 2011 Sport for about a month and only the same basic issues many have. BT streaming audio won't work with iPhone. Occasional minor bugs but so far my MFT is working as advertised. Hoping these fixes are resolved soon for everyone as this is a super-frustrating problem.

I would put myself in the "works" category.

Had my Edge Limited AWD for 5 Days now and has performed flawlessly :happy feet: . I too, like you joined this forum a couple of days after I purchased. Reading some of the comments made me wonder if I bought the right vehicle. I waited almost one month AFTER the vehicle was confirmed as built, (because ford was busy trying to fix bugs in the MFT system) and the wait was well worth it. Your that much further into the production experience and hopefully your MFT system is refined that much more. This vehicle is awesome no if ands or buts.

I have a theory. A longshot. But a theory nonetheless.

I've had BluEdge since 9/21. Built on 9/1. That's two months and two weeks. I had two problems, only one of which I can attribute to software. My original SD nav card was bad and it took a while for the dealer techs and Ford to determine it wasn't in-car hardware or software before they sent a new card. Then I had trouble with my [non-Apple] phone BT pairing for which I was told to get a 'reflash' of the software. That occurred and I have not had (knock, knock) any problems since.

Until today. You knew it was coming. We drove to the dog park. Used a Google Maps download to set a destination. (I knew where I was going, but the reflash wiped my dest favorites, so I thought I'd redo it). Was listening to Sirius on the way. Volume was low and turned Audio off as we pulled in. Opened the rear hatch as we parked and closed it with the inside button. Did not lock the Edge. This is key to my theory. Everything's working fine - SYNC services, nav, Sirius (except for the subscription crap).

We let the pup run around a bit to get her exercise and headed back to the car before too long. As we got near the car, the rear hatch opened by itself. It was actually kind of convenient - but scary. It stayed open just long enough for my wife to put away the dog stuff, then it closed on its own. Got in, started the car and turned on Audio. I use the on/off in the middle of the black dial usually to do this. Sirius comes on - same channel as we were listening to - but at near half volume. Way louder than when I turned it off.

That was it. Enough to make me start to worry. So here's my theory - maybe those of you with many more problems than I've had could support it or shoot holes in it - I always (99%) lock the Edge. Usually with the driver's handle bump. This time (and only one or two others) I left it unlocked. Call me paranoid, but I always lock it. Even in my garage. Could this have anything to do with all the bizarre quirks going on? Do those of you who've had problems lock? or keep unlocked? I'm grasping here, just trying to determine a common denominator. I know that the screens stay on if left unlocked. I see them cut off as I lock. Maybe there's more going on - bad stuff - when left unlocked. If the screens stay on, what else could be on? Does "lock" equate to "logoff"?

Whaddaya think?

I've had BluEdge since 9/21. Built on 9/1. That's two months and two weeks. I had two problems, only one of which I can attribute to software. My original SD nav card was bad and it took a while for the dealer techs and Ford to determine it wasn't in-car hardware or software before they sent a new card. Then I had trouble with my [non-Apple] phone BT pairing for which I was told to get a 'reflash' of the software. That occurred and I have not had (knock, knock) any problems since.

Until today. You knew it was coming. We drove to the dog park. Used a Google Maps download to set a destination. (I knew where I was going, but the reflash wiped my dest favorites, so I thought I'd redo it). Was listening to Sirius on the way. Volume was low and turned Audio off as we pulled in. Opened the rear hatch as we parked and closed it with the inside button. Did not lock the Edge. This is key to my theory. Everything's working fine - SYNC services, nav, Sirius (except for the subscription crap).

We let the pup run around a bit to get her exercise and headed back to the car before too long. As we got near the car, the rear hatch opened by itself. It was actually kind of convenient - but scary. It stayed open just long enough for my wife to put away the dog stuff, then it closed on its own. Got in, started the car and turned on Audio. I use the on/off in the middle of the black dial usually to do this. Sirius comes on - same channel as we were listening to - but at near half volume. Way louder than when I turned it off.

That was it. Enough to make me start to worry. So here's my theory - maybe those of you with many more problems than I've had could support it or shoot holes in it - I always (99%) lock the Edge. Usually with the driver's handle bump. This time (and only one or two others) I left it unlocked. Call me paranoid, but I always lock it. Even in my garage. Could this have anything to do with all the bizarre quirks going on? Do those of you who've had problems lock? or keep unlocked? I'm grasping here, just trying to determine a common denominator. I know that the screens stay on if left unlocked. I see them cut off as I lock. Maybe there's more going on - bad stuff - when left unlocked. If the screens stay on, what else could be on? Does "lock" equate to "logoff"?

Whaddaya think?

i leave my ford edge sport 2011 in the garage unlocked and only issue so far (knock on wood) was the backup camera scrolling - which has not occurred in a few weeks now. I've had the car since Sept 22.

Whaddaya think?

I always lock my car with the bump on the outside handle.

Most of my issues are with BT Audio then a few brain dead episodes and impromptu reboots

I always lock my Edge Sport. It has been a while since I pulled the fuse. The backup camera is beginning to exhibit odd behavior again, but not consistently. It scrolled once last week. It went to a black screen a few times. It threw an error about not being available once last week. Ad vised me to contact the dealer. it worked next time up. The overlay appears after I am out of reverse most of the time. However, it hasn't done enough to cause me to pull the fuse again - yet.

-steve

Had my 2011 Sport for about a month and only the same basic issues many have. BT streaming audio won't work with iPhone. Occasional minor bugs but so far my MFT is working as advertised. Hoping these fixes are resolved soon for everyone as this is a super-frustrating problem.

I would put myself in the "works" category.

Gator, I have an i4 too and it will stream music via BT if I select the BT link on the screen and manually select the song on the i4. IF I use the USB cable, it will recognize the voice commands. Pretty slick. Make sure you have the latest (ver 2.4?) version of your iphone.

I'm not having any issues. The system restarted once, but that's it. Also, I don't use bluetooth streaming. I have my iPhone connected for calls and an iPod nano connected via USB for music. The touch screen isn't as responsive as it could be, but hopefully that'll be fixed in an update. Overall, I absolutely love the system and my Edge Sport. It's a fine ride!

Ditto on what hunter said! I am loving my Sport and have no MFT issues whatsoever!!! :)

+1

Other than two simple reboots and slow screen response no complaints here. Can even stream Bluetooth audio with iphone4 (ver. 4.1) however I prefer the USB connection so I can control and see track info via touchscreen. Have had my Ltd. since the end of September and look forward to driving it everyday.

Edited by e-Mel

Hi, I am new here and just curious and would like to hear from anyone who is not having issues with MFT. I will be purchasing a 2011 Edge Sport this month and reading all these issues kind of makes me a little nervous. :( Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Tina

Hi Tina

Im from Montreal, Canada and I got my 2011 edge sport last month. the ONLY issue I have with MFT is keeping my phone paired. Another time my screen went black and system re-booted itself. Everything else works fine, the touch system may be slow to respond at times but was expected. With Ford updates (in future) im sure they can fix the small probelms. I heard some ppl had to pull fuses, not me. on 10, I give my 2011 edge sport a solid 7 so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Revisiting my lock/unlock theory from a post on 12/5 above...

Except for that one wierd day, I've been lucky to not experience many of the problems a lot of Edge/MKX owners have. Since I was off a couple days for the holidays, I thought I'd schedule a service appt to get the TSB SYNC update. What the heck. But then I cancelled, figuring since I am not really having the issues, I should leave well enough alone. And maybe wait till the next update comes out.

Today I was running errands and dropped of some stuff at Goodwill. (hey, it's almost tax time) I turned off the ignition, popped the rear hatch, unloaded the boxes, got my receipt and left. I did not lock BluEdge. Wasn't 5 minutes. BSOD. (black, not blue) First time in 98 days of ownership. Followed by a reboot. Everything was fine after that. Phone paired automatically, Sirius restarted. No problems.

But isn't this the wierdest thing? The only two times I have had any problems whatsoever was when I left the Edge unlocked for a short period.

Of course, now I can kick myself for not getting the update when I had the time. D'oh! I'll wait a bit and see what happens.

Revisiting my lock/unlock theory from a post on 12/5 above...

Except for that one wierd day, I've been lucky to not experience many of the problems a lot of Edge/MKX owners have. Since I was off a couple days for the holidays, I thought I'd schedule a service appt to get the TSB SYNC update. What the heck. But then I cancelled, figuring since I am not really having the issues, I should leave well enough alone. And maybe wait till the next update comes out.

Today I was running errands and dropped of some stuff at Goodwill. (hey, it's almost tax time) I turned off the ignition, popped the rear hatch, unloaded the boxes, got my receipt and left. I did not lock BluEdge. Wasn't 5 minutes. BSOD. (black, not blue) First time in 98 days of ownership. Followed by a reboot. Everything was fine after that. Phone paired automatically, Sirius restarted. No problems.

But isn't this the wierdest thing? The only two times I have had any problems whatsoever was when I left the Edge unlocked for a short period.

Of course, now I can kick myself for not getting the update when I had the time. D'oh! I'll wait a bit and see what happens.

interesting... I have been stalling on doing the update as well. Keep thinking I will call, but I know that I am the only one with the MFT from the dealership I bought mine from and only a few have been sold from the other... I wish I could wait for them to try on other cars, but I think I don't have that option. But like you - I haven't had any major issues. I do lock mine too even in the garage because of the night light, but other than that - all is good.

I've been putting off my update also. I've been getting used to not having the iPhone audio (usb or BT). It's times when I have the driver seat try to squeeze me through the steering wheel that I wished I had scheduled it to be done again (first attempt at update was a failure)

I called my service dpt yesterday to schedule only to find out the tech is in Philly for the holidays. I hope he can make it back to Kansas soon!

I asked the Sync project manager (last week's on-line chat) about the issues with the update. He said there were problems with the delivery of the update and they have resolved them.

I've been putting off my update also. I've been getting used to not having the iPhone audio (usb or BT). It's times when I have the driver seat try to squeeze me through the steering wheel that I wished I had scheduled it to be done again (first attempt at update was a failure)

I called my service dpt yesterday to schedule only to find out the tech is in Philly for the holidays. I hope he can make it back to Kansas soon!

I asked the Sync project manager (last week's on-line chat) about the issues with the update. He said there were problems with the delivery of the update and they have resolved them.

Get the update, it's worth the hassle.

The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is how to get the browse function to show me the album covers like I saw in the vid on the ford site. All I can see to get from either the bluetooth or the usb is an alphabetic listing?