Is Anyone Satisfied With Their Edge?

The6thTemp

If hitting every thread gets Fords attention then so be it. So far, above the local dealer level Ford won't even acknowledge they have a problem.

Until then, I'll continue being the squeaky wheel.

Use their facebook page. I did it when I had problems with the local dealer and Ford got in touch with me right away.

RE: post by rdebruin999 from May '11

I'm in complete agreement. In spite of liking how it handles and rides, I'm completely disillusioned with this vehicle. I've had my 2011 Edge since middle of March 2011 and have had nothing but problems with the MySync/Ford Touch. It freezes and resets itself frequently and had been in the shop for software "upgrades" 4 times, the most recent time I was told that Ford is sending out thumb drives Jan '12 (now - but haven't rec'd yet) to upgrade and "FIX" all the touch and sync problems. Right. I've also had a couple of transmission hard shifts, but of course they can't ever find anything wrong when it's in the shop.

It was dead completely coming out of a concert last December and I had to call Ford Roadside Assistance. When I took it in to the dealer, of course they couldn't find anything wrong, nor give any reason why the vehicle was completely dead after sitting in the parking lot for only 2 hours. It had not been running, was not out of gas, and lights were not left on.

I'm VERY dissatisfied with the mileage - hovers around 18.8, and I live very rurally, so most of my driving is at around 55. I'm also not real thrilled with the sun-roof. Oh, it's big enough, but come on! Even my 1999 Blazer sun-roof would shut automatically when the vehicle was turned off. This roof requires two presses and second one has to be held down to finish the closing. I was a Chevy gal, and woe is me that I didn't stay one. As soon as I feel I've gotten a little of my money's worth out of this heap, I'll be trading back to a Chevy and will also never buy another Ford.

Edited by Stitchintime

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like the Edge is being robbed of good reviews online because of all the problems with MyFord Touch. The Edge is one of the best crossovers out there, but the reviews are dragged down because people rate the vehicle low due to MyFord Touch. What about those of us who are buying an SE or SEL without MyFord Touch, and all we see is overall low ratings for the vehicle?

I purposely bought one without MyFord Touch due to the negative reviews, but I wonder how many people out there are going to skip out on the vehicle altogether because of negative editor and owner impressions that may not even apply to their model.

• Like 1

I feel like the Edge is being robbed of good reviews online because of all the problems with MyFord Touch. The Edge is one of the best crossovers out there, but the reviews are dragged down because people rate the vehicle low due to MyFord Touch. What about those of us who are buying an SE or SEL without MyFord Touch, and all we see is overall low ratings for the vehicle?

I purposely bought one without MyFord Touch due to the negative reviews, but I wonder how many people out there are going to skip out on the vehicle altogether because of negative editor and owner impressions that may not even apply to their model.

Honestly I don't think most people look at any type of review - they just go to the dealership and buy what they see. I'm sure there have been lost sales due to MFT but I don't see where that could be avoided. The best solution is for the new ones to be trouble free and then it won't matter.

I've had my 2012 Edge for almost 3 months now. Great car with no major issues.

I did get the MFT and it has been trouble free except for needing one master reset to allow my phone ro connect again about a month ago.

I just wish all the US features were available in Canada (Sirius traffic and vehicle reports)...

Traded a 2010 Honda accord in for a used 2011 SEL AWD Edge.

Awesome SUV. I did not get the sync/mft. One thing that is annoying right now is that they have no after market radio for the 2011 and probably the 2012. Also no option to upgrade to the sync. Other than that it rocks. Good amount of power and decent mpg. Nothing compared to a 4 cylinder Honda but you should expect that from any V6 SUV. They claim that the 4 cylinder turbo(250 HP) 2012 edges get 30 mpg. That might be something to look into if you are looking at an edge.

After owning a VW it makes any car look reliable. No joke I had an 05 VW in for repairs monthly.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the car even though it has had the rear hatch closing issue and couple MFT freezes. It was in the shop 3 times in the first two weeks of ownership. The ecoboost is very cool and the car is great looking and fun to drive. The MFT just needs to be fixed. If apple put their IPhone platform in this car, it would be perfect!! Sorry, but I've just become a huge apple fan this last year with the IPhone and ipad2. My Microsoft systems at work give me headaches all week. The last thing I want is the same Microsoft crap in our car. So, I'm somewhat satisfied with the car. I should have researched better before I bought , regarding MFT

I love the car even though it has had the rear hatch closing issue and couple MFT freezes. It was in the shop 3 times in the first two weeks of ownership. The ecoboost is very cool and the car is great looking and fun to drive. The MFT just needs to be fixed. If apple put their IPhone platform in this car, it would be perfect!! Sorry, but I've just become a huge apple fan this last year with the IPhone and ipad2. My Microsoft systems at work give me headaches all week. The last thing I want is the same Microsoft crap in our car. So, I'm somewhat satisfied with the car. I should have researched better before I bought , regarding MFT

You're conveniently forgetting the iphone 4 antenna fiasco plus other iphone problems. I like apple products but they're not perfect either. And the problem with MFT is the application, not the operating system. And trust me - I hate microsoft but they're really not to blame in this case. It's all on Ford and Bsquare.

• Like 2

Aside from my own learning curve issues, after 10 weeks and 3,900 miles I can't report having a single problem with my 2012 Ecoboost Edge powertrain, body, hatch or the MFT system. My Motorola phone connects and works great, I have two thumb drives and an SD card with music all plugged in and they also work great. I have to admit that the system has a lot of functions that I don't care about so perhaps I haven't challenged it enough to cause any problems. Overall I'm quite happy and leery of any software updates. My average going to work MPG (congested city highway traffic with winter gas) has been a shade over 25 and is slowly improving so I'm pretty happy with that as well. If I really had to think of an issue then it would be that I don't like the under hood latch release, and I think the removable plastic change tray is worthless.

• Like 2

I've had my 2011 fwd Limited for five months and at 5,400 miles gas mileage is at 22 mpg, with most of my driving on secondary roads (non-highway).

Minor issues with MFT, I just deal with it and look forward to the upgrade.

Navigation system is not very user friendly (especially to locate an address), but once entered, it has worked flawlessly.

I really like the smooth quiet performance of the engine; plenty 'o power; no complaints on the transmission.

The blind spot warning lights take some getting used to; they give "false" readings with guardrails/objects close to the road edge.

Collision warning system has gotten my attention a few times.

Aside from the issues related to the MFT (and I am confident they will get resolved), I am extremely satisfied with the Edge.

• Like 2

You're conveniently forgetting the iphone 4 antenna fiasco plus other iphone problems. I like apple products but they're not perfect either. And the problem with MFT is the application, not the operating system. And trust me - I hate microsoft but they're really not to blame in this case. It's all on Ford and Bsquare.

Well, I'm one of the lucky ones that have the newest iPhone model without any problems. I know apple isn't perfect, but their OS is pretty intuitive, especially in the iPad. Very fast too. I do blame Ford also, because they clearly new this MFT system was buggy. How could they have not?

Well, I'm one of the lucky ones that have the newest iPhone model without any problems. I know apple isn't perfect, but their OS is pretty intuitive, especially in the iPad. Very fast too. I do blame Ford also, because they clearly new this MFT system was buggy. How could they have not?

I said it was all on Ford and Bsquare. Of course they knew how bad it was - they had a bug list with 1500 entries at one time. But they were caught between a rock and a hard place because MFT was integrated with the new Edge, Explorer and Focus so they either had to try and fix it or delay the new vehicles until it could be fixed and that simply wasn't a viable business option.

There really wasn't a good solution - delay important new vehicles indefinitely (not that easy when suppliers and new tooling was already lined up) or put it out with known bugs and try to fix them quickly. It's easy to say they should have delayed it but it's just not that simple.

And yes - regardless of who screwed up the software, it's Ford's responsibility and nobody is suggesting otherwise.

Hello Everyone,

I just bought my 2011 Edge Sport a little over a week ago and even before I bought it I was a member here. I've been reading a lot about the issues many people have been having with their Edge and I was just wondering if there are people who are completely satisfied with their Edge and how long have you had it?

Thanks for your time everyone!!

I just purchased my 2012 Edge 2 days ago and am still getting familiar with all the options. So far so good. I have 2 cell phones configured and working but still can't get my garage door opener to function. I'm sure its me and not the car. The instructions in the book are not too clear but i will overcome. I recently sold my Tahoe LTZ with every bell and whistle in the book and had trouble finding a replacement for it until i found the edge. This car has nearly as many toys as the Tahoe and it gets at least 10 more miles to the gallon.

I've always liked Fords and they have been dependable for me. Coming from a 2005 Mustang GT my SE model with the convenience package has everything I need. I can plug in my ipod and the sirius radio is great. It's comfortable, quiet, handles good for my style of driving, has plenty of power and looks great. I had two tone Katzkin leather seat covers installed which added $1100 but it was well worth it. I also bought it for much less than the Mustang cost new. I drive 25% city and 75% highway and in the first 1300 miles I'm averaging over 25 mpg.

If you're riding the leading edge of technology you have to pay the price in more ways than the initial cost. Those of you with MFT hang in there, I'm sure Ford will get it figured out. Hopefully, the business risk made by Ford to release this product will pay off in the long run. In the meantime, it looks like mixed reviews from those who hate it, those who love it and those who understand the challenges and are dealing with it.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to say I am very dissatisfied with my 2011 Edge LTD. It's been back to the dealership 6 times for issues with Sync and MFT. They replaced the Sync module on the second visit and I had to go back four more times to get system updates. What really bugs me is that the main focus of the Edge advertising is MFT. That system is flawed and Ford has known about the problems since at least last July. Why can't a company as big as Ford get this right? Every time I have to go back to the dealership, I get comments about 'too many electronics' nowadays. My dealership doesn't even have inhouse techs that can work on MFT. The outside service group doesn't even start working on MFT until 12:30 each day.

I've also had issues with a rattling/fluttering noise near the driver side mirror. The dealership will have had my Edge for a week before I get it back Tuesday (hopefully FIXED). As of Friday, they still hadn't isolated and fixed the noise.

Oh - did I mention that a week and a half ago the transmission did a 'hard shift' and I thought the whole transmission had fallen out of the car - the car shook and it sounded like a bomb went off underneath. There was a TSB and they had to replace a plate in the transmission - it only has 5K miles on it!

Overall, this vehicle is a piece of crap and I WILL NEVER BUY A FORD AGAIN. I took a leap of faith, after having driven imports for years, because of good press on the quality gains Ford has made. What a huge mistake!

My company buys a lot of Fords for company cars and I'm going to see what I can do to change that. BUYING THIS FORD HAS BEEN THE WORST AUTOMOBILE EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD AND I'VE OWNED OVER 20 CARS.

This is a very poor vehicle in my view, just way too many deficiencies

I've always purchased domestic including a lot of Fords over the years and can't recall anytime being so disappointed

After 12 months ownership of a loaded Edge Limited my list includes;

Transmission thump (was fixed after 2 months but has now returned)

The whole MFT system has been just one huge headache, almost daily

Whistling noise from heating system

Vista roof jamming

Misaligned driver door

Rust spots are now beginning to appear in areas and I'm positive these aren't rock chips

This could have been a very good product, it certainly has the looks but looking forward to the day this POS is off my driveway

• 1 month later...

I'm almost afraid to say that we now have just over 66,000km on our 2010 Limited AWD and it has not

been to the shop for a single issue. it has been a fantastic vehicle.

i've towed our camping trailer all summer and our 2 place snowmobile trailer all winter so it has been worked.

i of course bought a 150,000 5 year premium plus warranty with 0 deductable. can't say I'm sad I have not used it.

Very satisified with our Edge SE. I'd rather drive it than my Hemi Ram. I guess cause its smaller and I can just zip in and out of parking spots. I had the opportunity to take it on a trip for work from Lafayette, LA to Bradenton, FL which is roughly 13hrs. The car drove great and I was pretty comfortable until I got around Tallahassee, which is roughly 8 or so hrs into the drive. The only thing we wish we had was leather seats and a remote start which I am looking into.