Is Anyone Satisfied With Their Edge?

The6thTemp

I have not driven the 2010 version but I have the 2011, which has upgraded the suspension. Its not a sports car like my 08 miata but handles pretty well for a bigger car. Perhaps you can look at the suspension changes to the 2011 and upgrade your 2010. Upgraded sway bars front and rear are a fairly cheap investment. Just a thought.

Thank you for the suggestion; I had not even heard of such a thing. I'll look into it. I still think it will good on long trips on the interstate, but so far I find it very stressful driving in suburban traffic. Trying to like it, but not there yet.

• 2 weeks later...

We are really happy with the 2010 Ford Edge Limited in Toxedo Black. Love the interior and comfort. The Vista roof is just excellent! The only remark I have is that all Ford SUV's should come with a standard back-up camera; we really miss that on our Edge..... My 2010 Mustang GT has it, why can the Edge not have it in the Mirror?

I read all other posts.... some people really seem to suffer with their car, but maybe its also expectations..... It takes a while to iron out all eletronic issues in any new designed car. BMW needed several years to get the I drive system working properly, still, there are issues in this complex system. Mercedes, same story; even Lexus has issues in their initial releases.

That is why I opted for a 2010 Ford Edge Limited, just to avoid the execpted issues with the new complex electronics in the 2011. I do not see this as a failure from Ford, its normal in the car industry. In a year or so, its all ironed out, and the system will work well. Unfortunately this is the nature of the computer / electronics in the industry.....

Ewald

Edited by edino

• 3 weeks later...

Feirstein :

I have the same model and have driven it like a hard-charging race car for 73K miles and she's going strong. Did you have issues with a bump/pothole-induced rattle with your Vista Roof? Mine does and nobody has ever solved the issue.

Golden83

We love our 2007 all wheel drive with the "Big Ass Sunroof".

Recently we had to replace the power brake booster. Did it ourselves.

Wish it had better fuel economy, but not a complaint.

Wish the motor did not sound so agressive at times.

Other than these few points, it has been a good drive.

Picked up a limited FWD 2010 model used this week. Loving this ride. I like the comfort, the controls, the materials, the design, the features and so much more. Still waiting to double check my manual mpg but overall, I am very happy to have made this change back to Ford Nation. I have not met an owner personally that expresses any dissatisfaction for the Edge. I drove the 2011 models and love the technology but with any first run that is as extensive as the MFT, there will be a few bugs. Doesn't make this ride a bad auto.

Bought my 2011 Limited FWD in December - Still lovin' it.

The only problem for me, bugs.

Geez the big a$$ nose on this thing catches a lot of bugs.

Anyone know a good method to get them off?

Hey Tulsa, I live in Pittsburgh PA now, but grew up in your neck of the woods (Jenks, Sapulpa, Tulsa, etc). Anyway, I am having the same problem with bugs. In the three weeks I've owned my Edge I think I've hit every bug in western PA. And since this is my first white vehicle it seems like they all stand out like a sore thumb. I tried bug remover spray but it doesn't seem to help much.

As to the question of if I am satisfied or not.... I love it, but... The first week my side window cracked (from somewhere down inside the door). The second week it wouldn't start one night (said "key fob not detected" after 10 minutes of panic & anger my husband googled the issue and we were able to get it started). And this week a rock hit my windshield (no major damage, but did chip it). Now while I do realize that last one had nothing to do with the vehicle, I am hoping that trouble comes in threes and that was the third one and we are done now. I am a real techy person and love gadgets & such, so this seemed like the perfect car. I hate Microsoft (I'm an Apple gal), but so far Apple's not putting their awesome products into cars, so I'll have settle for what I can get. The MFT has been a little laggy & buggy, but I expected that. I honestly think part of the problem is that they try to cram too much on a screen. Those nav screens are a mess. But if you don't try to navigate too quickly through the screens it will get you to what you want. I'm still adjusting to the size & shape. Like others here have said, I'm having a hard time knowing where my nose is and I keep driving to the left of the lanes cause I feel like my right side is too close to everything. I know it's just a matter of perspective & I will get used to it eventually. Over all, I am pretty happy so far. It is probably too early to say if I would recommend it to people, but I wouldn't steer someone away from one either.

i've owned a 2011 Ford Edge SE for a few days now and I absolutely love riding in it. I may have dodged a bullet by not having MFT or Sync, but I do know that everything works as it should. I do get an odd rattling noise in the driver side door (it is actually be looked at right now), but honestly it isn't that big of a deal. The car rides smooth and is even fun to drive a tad aggressively. Perhaps it is the new-ness of the car (under 200 miles now), but I honestly find myself aching to get out of work and go wash and wax the freakin' thing. I want it to shine because I've enjoyed the few hours I've ridden in it so far. I'm pretty confident as well because the dealership here in southwestern Ohio is the best Ford dealership in the state/region (including their service department). If someone can fix my issues it's them. So the awesome vehicle coupled with the confidence of the dealer makes it very enjoyable.

I have the same noice in the driver side door on our CPO 2009..Will be having it checked out on Friday...

I have an '08 Edge Limited with all available options except DVD. I'm ready to turn 30K miles tomorrow. I will expand on the 2 issues I have had but must say I love my Edge and would buy it all over again. About 6 months ago I had to have the computer reset for the transmission as it "bumped" into gear. I took it in to the dealership and they told me there was a service bulletin on it and reset or recalibrated it, no problem. My current issue is that all 4 rims have corroded and the top coating is flaking off. The dealership has ordered them under warranty and will put them on this week. My warranty runs out in 3 days so I'm just under the wire. I read tonight that some other people have also had the same issue with their rims. That said, this is my 5th Ford and I'm hooked. I like them better than my '00 Lexus RX, my son's Pilot and my husband's MB.

• Like 1

I have only had my Edge Sport AWD for a few days, but I love it so far! It was nearly impossible to get! I have mostly driven Fords over the years and after a pit stop with Mazda, I am back to Ford! If I have half the problems I had with my 2008 Mazdaspeed 3, I will be lucky! This is such a comfortable vehicle. I love the technology! Still getting acquainted with the technology, but I'm definitely looking forward to the future with this car!

• Like 1

Wish I would have never traded in a Hyundai Genesis for a MKX, it is a Ford with Lincoln markings, worst gas mileage I have had in years, CTS 27 mpg hwy, Genesis 28 mpg hwy, MKX 20 mpg hwy. By the way the Genesis was a v8 and 4200 lbs...So much for a "Ford" back to a Genesis. :angry:

Wish I would have never traded in a Hyundai Genesis for a MKX, it is a Ford with Lincoln markings, worst gas mileage I have had in years, CTS 27 mpg hwy, Genesis 28 mpg hwy, MKX 20 mpg hwy. By the way the Genesis was a v8 and 4200 lbs...So much for a "Ford" back to a Genesis. :angry:

You don't really expect a brick (CUV/SUV) to get the same fuel economy as a sleek, low passenger car do you? Simple physics says that won't work. But you should be getting way more than 20 hwy. What was the EPA estimate on your MKX?

How fast are you driving on the highway? What size wheels? AWD or FWD?

Edited by akirby
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hello The6thTemp

Nothing more fun than a poll! We bought our '11 Edge SEL fwd with MFT in December. After 10K miles, we are very happy with the vehicle. We haven't experienced any problems with MFT however, we did not opt for nav and Sony. We use bluetooth with our LG "dumb" cell phones and that works perfectly. Voice commands are great and the rear view camera is greatly appreciated. The ride, handling, and engine are superior in our opinion. The seats and headrests could use a little improvement however. On a scale of 10, I would give it an 8. It is far superior to our 'mechanical atrocity' 2007 Chrysler Pacifica which could not be repaired by the dealer.

Good luck

...The seats and headrests could use a little improvement however...

I found the head rests intrusive until I toyed with the angle on the seat. There's enough thigh support and back support that I was able to angle it back. When I hold my head level to the ground, I'm looking forward and the Headrest isn't pressing against me, but my back is flush with the seat. It Might be worth a try. :-)

• Like 1

Love the ride. Still haven't found the sweet spot with the seats yet, but do find them comfortable. Currently head is quite far forward from the head rest.

Anyone know hot to check your MFT to see what software version it is running?

MFT is very cool, a little buggy but unless I experience more problems than I have, I would still opt for the MFT $750 option.

I've had my 2011 Edge SEL about 3 weeks now. Very satisfied so far. I'm impressed with the ride - tight and quiet. I love the exterior looks - always have since the Edge was introduced a few years back. The large dual exhausts and chrome grill satisfy my "car guy" needs! I wish I had gotten the chrome wheels, but couldn't find the right mix of options with left-over '11s. I'll watch for chrome "take-offs" down the road a ways. The seats are very comfortable. The fabric in the SEL is a nice upgrade in looks and feel. In fact I prefer this seating to the leather. The jury's out on MFT. I'm using it fine, but can't quiet see the value. I love the rear view camera and wonder how I did without it on past vehicles! I'm satisfied with the MPG at around 24 average. Much better than my F150!

I'm curious about other owner's experiences with driving the FWD Edge in the snow.

This purchase was actually an upgrade to fit the grandkids a bit easier! I traded an 04 F150 (loved it, but it was rusting badly) and an 08 Focus (1 too many cars).

Edited by Sarnano

• 2 weeks later...