WOULD YOU SELL IT BACK??

goatee

Just curious. I know that as time goes by, my 2011 Edge with MFT seems to be more troublesome as time goes on. All those MFT issues you read about are really true. Mine was built in Jan. 2011. I am so disappointed, everyday brings a new adventure. This is my second Edge and I am thinking about trading it in but know that no one will want it with the well publicized issues with the MFT. Would I sell it back to Ford if they offered me what I paid. A no brainer- back it goes. What would you do??

Nope, using Ver 2.8 and have had some problems but 2.8 is improved over 2.4 which came with my car, made also in Jan 2011. Yes there are some problems still but I can deal with most of them. I use nav, sirius, and voice most of the time but use the buttons to access climate and other things. About 2 months ago I was feeling like you, tho. Good Luck, whatever you decide.

I have had the sync problems and there are still flaws after 2 visits for updates. I also experienced poor service from 2 dealers so far and a dysfunctional AWD tranny that seems to be unfixable. ( it goes into neutral at slow speed when you press the accellerator sharply and makes a loud bang). This is a nice car to drive, but is by far the worst ownership experience I have had with a new car. I would jump at the chance to return it. Ford seems to want to do follow up on satisfaction, which is good, but I am still left holding the bag with a car with serious flaws. This is my first and likely my last Ford unless something is done about that tranny. I would strongly advise potential Edge owners to reconsider

I would....

Ā 

Ā 

ONLY if another manufacturer made a car in the same price point, with a bunch of the features I like in the Edge AND built their Headunit/Navigation around Android AND they released the code for community development. (And not run by Government Motors)

Ā 

Right now, I don't see another vehicle that would fit into the right form factor, even if it had the Android part I desire. So the answer remains...

Ā 

Ā 

NO!

NO. I have not seen another vehicle out there that even comes close to the Edge. This is my second Edge and the wife wanted her own as well. Just could not afford two Edges as the same time, so I got her a 2011 Fusion. I have had my fair share of problems with MFT just like everyone else, but that is only minor considering the overall vehicle.

Ā 

Now if I became unemployed tomorrow I might have to change my mind. That would be the only reason.

Where do I sign up? Soooo tired of the constant issues that seem to get worse until the next software upgrade comes along.

Ā 

Just last week I had 2 complete shut-down/reboots. Took over 5 min to come back up and of course the conferance call I was in got disconnected. Also 2 Nav SD card errors, 6 times when it told me that my Ipod was disconnected and the continued terrible background noise in the BT connection.

Ā 

I'm on 2.8 and my car was built in 9/2010.

Ā 

I would take my 2007 Mazda CX-9 back anytime...

If those changes happen then there might be some hope & I would be first in line at my dealer to get the improvements installed. It's interesting that you said Garmin navigation. On my recent trip, i turned off the factory nav and turned on my old faithful Garmin & it was flawless. I wanted to love the factory system but after 5 months of continuous use, it always disappoints, failing to find just about any address accureately & with ambiguous routing no matter how I set the system. Even if I send custom routed maps from google maps or mapquest>> it doesn't matter, the system reverts to a system default routing you in a rediculous way. The maps are outdated especially here in OH/PA. Though the interstate system had changed PA 60 to I-376 a while ago, my factory nav with build date of 1/24/11 is still outdated with old exit numbers. As I said I would welcome these changes but for now I just dont even trust that v2.8 would be the aggrivation either. Still would sell it back as beautiful as it looks and drives.

Like many others on this forum I loved this vehicle for the first 1000 K, then the Sync issues began and have turned into something new every other day.

The navigation is useless, the lag at start up is frustrating (sometimes never does boot-up, until I pull over and start again)

Ā 

Such a shame really as it handles well, great looking and a comfortable vehicle

Would I still dump it? Yes, without giving a second thought

• 3 weeks later...

Really? What are some of these issues with MFT? I haven't picked my Edge up yet; I get it on Tuesday.

Ā 

I played a little with everything except the NAV as the SD card wasn't in the slot. Salesman said they are locked up as they have a habit of disappearing and cost $700

Edited by seabee78

The issues are many. If you have time just review the many posts on this forum. Make sure that your car is fully updated with V 2.11 before you accept it. No exceptions. But for the record the MFT is known for frequent re-boots, black or blue screens that won't turn off, unresponsive touch screen, loss of Sirius signal and wrong channels displaying, clock displays wrong time, navigation is clueless and outdated, frequent lock-ups, BLIS system with frequent false alarms, poor voice command response, text to voice feature only works with a select few phones so please get an up to date list from your cell carrier. Others as well but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. BTW mine was assembled 1/24/11 with v 2.4. I hope to have it updated with my next oil change.

Make sure that your car is fully updated with V 2.11 before you accept it. No exceptions.

Ā 

Ā 

OK, now how do I tell what version I have? Wow, I'm a little worried now after seeing all the posts about problems with MFT. My very limited personal testing of MFT worked flawlessly but again, only during a 20 minute test drive and 10 minutes sitting in the Ford parking lot.

Ā 

I pick my Edge up on Tuesday.

Edited by seabee78

OK, now how do I tell what version I have? Wow, I'm a little worried now after seeing all the posts about problems with MFT. My very limited personal testing of MFT worked flawlessly but again, only during a 20 minute test drive and 10 minutes sitting in the Ford parking lot.

Ā 

I pick my Edge up on Tuesday.

Ā 

Ā 

Stop worring about it and enjoy your new car. Most people are not seeing most of these problems. I picked my car up on 3/25/2011

and have version 2.8 on it now. I enjoy using it every day and have very few problems.I would say that everything works 95% of the

time. No different than my destop or laptop. I am getting them to put version 2.11 in a week from tuesday. I do not work for Ford

but i am teaching Sync/Myford touch classes at the dealer. Most customers problems are due to a lack of knowing how to fully use

the system. Enjoy your new ride and dont let the forum take away your enjoyment.

• 2 weeks later...

I love mine also

Ā 

Am running sync V2.8 and don't have many issues besides the bluetooth problems I am having (which is a big one of course but am hoping it will be resolved soon)....

Ā 

YES the first few months were very frustrating no doubt, had tons of bugs and issues. But most were resolved with software 2.8 - I strongly recommend anyone that is having issues to upgrade the software.

Ā 

Sure gas consumption is not great for me, but the technology is amazing, tons of options, price is right (compared to other models with similar or less available options) and it drives really well.

Ā 

Also I got 0% interest for my 48 month lease which was nice !!!

Edited by hanzsolo

• 5 months later...

We bought our Edge in Toronto in June and in spite of getting all software upgrades, have to pull off the road almost daily to disconnect the battery. Master reset does not work, and after all these reboots we have given up on saving anything to favorites because everything vanishes. We have been traveling since September, and are now in Arizona and have been stuck on a highway in a traffic jam with no voice control, no USB, no bluetooth, no Nav system and ultimately the fatal black screen. We have asked Ford to have the APIM changed as the problems are numerous and occur daily. Being so far from home and often on isolated desert roads makes these issues more difficult to deal with.

Ford US has flatly refused and told us to wait for the new software and live with it in the meanwhile. A heavy handed approach from a company selling a defective system. If Ford would buy this vehicle back, I would sell it in a heartbeat and be thrilled if I could get my reliable but older Camry back. This is my very last Ford product.

Attaching a photo of yesterdays prelude to the black screen.....frozen screen with no touch controls.post-21082-0-83370800-1328308636_thumb.jpg

Yes, in a heartbeat. Its got all the potential in the world, but I have completely lost faith in MFT. Who knows when the update will come out and how well it will even work. 1.5 years post release should be more than enough time to get this situation in control. I have actually started to look around a bit at potentially trading in.