NEW MFT UPDATE IS OUT!!!!

Would love to hear from anyone that was brave enough to download the file and try it themselves :)

I'm not sure if you can classify me as 'brave' or stupid....

I downloaded and installed this morning.

Seems to be working well. (during very short commute to work)

The BlueTooth Audio meta data works much better. This make Pandora very appealing.

I noticed that we can now have images actually display as wallpaper on the home screen.

Looks like we can use artwork from MP3 device at the same time as GraceNote. There is an option to set which option has priority.

It is reportedly now available on syncmyride.com so you might want to check there first.

You are correct. It is available for download now. Also, if you have NAV, it says that they mailed out the upgrade packs today (3/8/12).

Edited by fastman

Thanks, found it.

I have navigation, so I guess I need to wait until I get my SD card in the mail so I can upgrade.

The screen said it was mailed out today - March 8.

From what I have read, you can still upgrade now if you want to get it done early, but Navigation wont work until you get the SD card.

As an FYI when I updated I just left my car running at work with the keys in it. I locked the doors with the keypad. I checked it at 40 mins and it was done.

FYI: there are 2 prompts near the start of the install that require you to hit a button so don't walk off until you see those.

From there, it's hands off.

When I log in to syncmyride is just says it needs a dealer install and to click there for a printout and that fees may apply!?!? WTF!!?? We're at 2.11 already and have NAV so I am really hoping we get the upgrades in the mail because I want to do it myself and sure am not paying a dealer to do so for warranty work. We never got the letter either... hrmmm, frustrating.

When I log in to syncmyride is just says it needs a dealer install and to click there for a printout and that fees may apply!?!? WTF!!?? We're at 2.11 already and have NAV so I am really hoping we get the upgrades in the mail because I want to do it myself and sure am not paying a dealer to do so for warranty work. We never got the letter either... hrmmm, frustrating.

You might need to do the status checker again OR they may be rolling it out on a staggered schedule.

That's really bizarre. I suggest you call customer service. The software is up on the site, and I never found a prompt saying there's payment required. Infact, all the press releases say the dealers will do it for free.

I just finished the performance upgrade. Everything went smooth as someone has stated earlier, hang around for about 5 to 10 min before you leave the car.I had to press "ok" on the screen within that time frame. ok now time to *itch again is ford going to send me a $10 gas card for having my engine ideling all this time j/k lol. I dont have the SD map on my edge MFT just the turn by turn directions through sync services so i guess my journey is over for now.