NEW MFT UPDATE IS OUT!!!!

My iPhone4 is also working fine after the update, but I have experienced some of the same BT audio streaming issues that I had previously. Entertainment system defaults back to AM/FM after shutting down and restarting, BT Audio volume is much lower than AM/FM, BT Audio locked-up after a call came in... the system still needs some work in this area.

Got mine today as well for my Lincoln MKX.

Install went fine.

I wish they would let us change the layout as I use Bluetooth audio all the time and that option is on page two. I would like to move the CD option to the second page since I never use my CD player and move Bluetooth audio to page one.

I hope they bring Applink to the system soon.

Today I received the updated USB and the SD update for the Navigation system in the same package. No dealer install is necessary as it is a very simple process. It took approximately 50 minutes to complete in my driveway. Everything looks great including the new updates on the Nav.

So is the lack of text support a Ford MFT issue, or an Apple issue? I suspect Apple, but wondered if anyone knew?

Sync has had text message support since day one back in 07. It's up to the cell phone provider to support the proper bluetooth protocol. So far Apple doesn't support it and neither do many of the other mfrs. NOT a sync or MFT problem.

Mine came today. it took just under 48 mins from start to finish.

For those that haven't received yours yet this is what you should be expecting:

post-20212-0-13283600-1332010800_thumb.jpg

post-20212-0-35969700-1332010805_thumb.jpg

post-20212-0-21726300-1332010814_thumb.jpg

post-20212-0-63261100-1332010819_thumb.jpg

For those Canadians that were wondering if it was the same update. I would say it is:

post-20212-0-28532500-1332010826_thumb.jpg

I played around with it a little bit. Putting my settings back to where I like them etc. I had a photo as my wallpaper home screen before. I was expecting to not be able to have it on there anymore, but after the update and restarting the car the photo was still there. Everything seems to be much quicker. I was able to add 5 addresses into it in the time it took to add 1 before the update. The screen is a cleaner look as well. Initial usage I am quite thrilled. :rockon:

My install is done (just over 45 mins).

Kept a few settings (as has been reported) like wallpaper, "My Temp", etc.

It is funny that they removed the outside temp from the display. Seems like they could add it to the default home screen in the Navigation corner right under the compass and it would not interfere with their "clean and big" concept.

No issues with my install... very limited use so far.

It is funny that they removed the outside temp from the display. Seems like they could add it to the default home screen in the Navigation corner right under the compass and it would not interfere with their "clean and big" concept.

Agreed... they moved it to the instrument cluster so all your passengers have to ask or sneak a peek... So time is huge and temp is gone - if you ask me that old time-temp display was just fine... Make it a user selectable option?

Noticed music titles weren't being sent to the screen either.

I have been patiently waiting for my blue envelope. I just read somewhere online that a self-install of the MFT can only be made if my head unit is updated to v3.02 or else the dealer has to flash my unit to v3.02 before the MFT software update and presently, I have v2.11 right now. If so, then i guess i will not get anything from ford in the mail then.

I'd rather do the update myself with the download file in les than an hour at home and just pick up the NAV sd at the dealer. Can anyone confirm this v3.02 requirement?

I have been patiently waiting for my blue envelope. I just read somewhere online that a self-install of the MFT can only be made if my head unit is updated to v3.02 or else the dealer has to flash my unit to v3.02 before the MFT software update and presently, I have v2.11 right now. If so, then i guess i will not get anything from ford in the mail then.

I'd rather do the update myself with the download file in les than an hour at home and just pick up the NAV sd at the dealer. Can anyone confirm this v3.02 requirement?

If you have V2.11, you can go to sync my ride and download, BUT, your nav will not work until you get the new SD card. I had V2.11 in my MKX, and the complete package (update & SD card) were sent to me. Got it this past Thursday, installed in 40 minutes, and all is fine.

FYi - Not sure what order they are sending them out in, but I leased a 2012 Edge (w/ Nav) in Dec 2011 and still have not received the update package yet. I downloaded the upgrade and installed it myself the day it was available though.

Should be on its way. I leased my '11 on december 10th. Mine came Yesterday.

OK had another big MFT meltdown this weekend so I am planning on installing the upgrade sans navigation for now. But can anyone who has done this confirm that when the package arrives or when the dealer completes the upgrade all the files load correctly? Just wanted to make sure the auto install process isn't tied to a general MFT app which may cause it to think I am fully updated.

OK had another big MFT meltdown this weekend so I am planning on installing the upgrade sans navigation for now. But can anyone who has done this confirm that when the package arrives or when the dealer completes the upgrade all the files load correctly? Just wanted to make sure the auto install process isn't tied to a general MFT app which may cause it to think I am fully updated.

I upgraded back on 3/9 and got my update package 3/17. Used the navigation yesterday and it worked perfectly - nice new graphics, smoother operation.

Did you have to use the USB stick to install missing files or was everything contained from the D/L on the SMR site? Just worried that when I go there they have a Nav, No Nav selection and wasn't sure if the installer would look to see what version was installed before proceeding.

My iPhone4 is also working fine after the update, but I have experienced some of the same BT audio streaming issues that I had previously. Entertainment system defaults back to AM/FM after shutting down and restarting, BT Audio volume is much lower than AM/FM, BT Audio locked-up after a call came in... the system still needs some work in this area.

There is a crash that happens when you have multiple phones paired. The audio stream drops every 3-5 seconds for a half a second then resumes. Eventually the entire system lock up completely and you need to do a full power down reset. As soon as I delete the second paired phone all the problems go away. It appears it keeps trying to connect to the second phone while streaming from the first and it's not there. Then it crashes.

The new software regressed this functionality as I have kept everything the same. Paired with the same phones. Other than this it is much better.

Edited by NWS Alpine