Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Whats everyones favorite Wax / Sealant and Car wash products?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   WingNut

WingNut

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 832 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Edge's Year:2015

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:52 AM

Finally got around to really cleaning and prepping the Edge for winter. I wanted to try something new and researched what @Wingnut uses. I washed with ONR+Wax and clayed. Grabbed some Opti-Seal (I needed something easy and that lasts a while) and some really cheap Duragloss Aquawax (Carquest is clearing it out at $4.50 a bottle).

Opti-seal is just plain awesome and easy to work with. I barely used any for both cars. This bottle will last me 10 years. I added it to the windows also as well as all the lights.

I also did my wife's silver Rogue and my mother-in-law stopped over and was amazed at how well it looked and shined.

Glad you liked it.  Between using opti-seal every 3-6 months, the ONR+Wax, and the Aquawax...your vehicle will stay looking great and protected.

I always hit the wheels with Aquawax before drying them.  Makes them super easy to clean going forward.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W and tron1974 like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   Drive XR7

Drive XR7

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 46 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 31 October 2015 - 07:37 PM

I use Adams Paint Sealant and Adams H20 Gloss and Guard every other wash. Works great!

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#43 OFFLINE   jaymz

jaymz

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:2013

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:40 AM

Meguiars M101 (Compound)

Meguiars M205 (Polish)

Blackfire Wet Diamond (LSP)

Wet Glaze 2.0 (Gloss Enhancer)

JIm

#44 OFFLINE   Mgavin1985

Mgavin1985

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 104 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast

Posted 25 December 2016 - 09:10 AM

Klasse twins AIO then high gloss sealant then wax after curing time

#45 OFFLINE   ConestogaActual

ConestogaActual

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 17 posts
  • Edge's Year:2007

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:32 PM

Today i used Mothers Back to Black on the plastic cladding on the lower door edges and rocker panels and the lower panels of the front and rear bumpers and some other spots. Wow what a difference!

#46 OFFLINE   Mgavin1985

Mgavin1985

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:32 AM

When I apply the Klasse All-in-one to clean I then put three coats of high gloss sealant after I get about 10 months of protection. What I do after each car wash is I take a bottle of quick wax and mix in klasse high gloss sealant so that it is 50/50 solution and I just spray that on and buff by hand and it is a very deep gloss like a wet sealant. I actually use this stuff all around my house on wooden tables, tile and what a shine I will never use anything else.

#47 OFFLINE   Mgavin1985

Mgavin1985

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:39 AM

Klasse AIO and Klasse Sealant were applied with buffer 6 months ago and I just washed my car look at the shine this stuff is solid protection plus a great shine. After the wash I did apart it do with the 50/50 solution. I live in Northeast and have winters that are tough on vehicle they spray are roads with calcium before storm and that eats through metal and the salt heavy when snow starts

Attached Files

#48 OFFLINE   WWWPerfA_ZN0W

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 8,227 posts
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:11 AM

Do you apply said same to the wheels also?

#49 OFFLINE   Mgavin1985

Mgavin1985

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:36 PM

I did I think the wheels have so kinda a clear coat covering from the factory

#50 OFFLINE   bud_d

bud_d

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 10 posts
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:16 AM

I have used many different products over the years, probably used Meguiars the most, a local shop carries all of their products.  I've tried a few things from Adam's Polishes, and they were good, but did not impress me more than Meguiars.  I tried car wash and some wax from Chemical Guys, and it is the best I have used to date.  Chemical Guys carries a number of items, so it is easy to get confused when looking.  I used "Wash & Wax Car Shampoo with Gloss" and "Slick Finish Cleaner Wax".  You can buy small bottles/containers if you want to try them out w/o spending a lot of money.

I am not involved in the company in any way, just a satisfied customer. 

Doug

#51 OFFLINE   revitus

revitus

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 35 posts
  • Edge's Year:2017

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:24 AM

I'm a big fan of Meguiar's products. :thumbsup: My initial cleaning and protection process after picking up my 2017 Edge Titanium was: Megs Gold Class Car Wash, Megs Smooth Surface Clay Kit, Stoner's Invisible Glass, Megs Ultimate Liquid Wax sealer coat, and Megs Gold Class Carnauba Plus Premium Quik Wax (Spray) top coat.  I have Megs Gold Class Premium Quik Detailer that I use between washes.  I did apply RainX to the windshield (which didn't last very long), and I did apply the Megs Ultimate Liquid Wax to the other windows and vista roof.  For the interior, I used Megs Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner and Conditioner on all leather surfaces, and the Megs Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner on all of the other interior surfaces, including the vinyl, plastics, electronics, center stack, gauge cluster, etc.  I love that it doesn't leave a greasy feel and dries to a nice Matte finish.  I use all Chemical Guys microfiber cloths.  I bought 12 Blue (for washing) and 12 Gold (for drying), plus received others from Meguiar's as part of kits that I ordered.  I will always wash and clean with Blue and will always dry with Gold.  I do want to get a few large waffle weave drying towels as well as a few more dozen microfiber towels.  I haven't tended to the wheels yet, but I have Megs Hot Rims All Wheel and Tire Cleaner, and Megs Endurance Tire Gel.  I will likely add the Ultimate Liquid Wax to the wheels after I have them all cleaned up.

Attached Files

#52 OFFLINE   RAJones

RAJones

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:06 PM

I absolutely love the Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax. True to its name, it just melts into the paint like butter. And it lasts somewhat longer than a lot of the other (i.e. more expensive) waxes I've used over the years. When done right, and with a little elbow grease, I can spray the hose on the hood and all the water just falls right off and it's dry to the touch. 

For wash soap, I avoid anything that has wax it. It messes up the black trim. No sense buying expensive stuff when it's all in how you wash it. Usually I make do with the cheap Simoniz/Turtle Wax stuff I pick up on sale at Canadian Tire. Meguiars makes a nice wax-free wash soap, Sonax does too, and so does Chemical Guys (Mr. Pink.) but their regular price is too much for me.

Tires I just use Spray 9 and whatever wash soap I have left in the bucket and scrub the hell out of them with a brush. Then I use the Chemical Guys Silk Shine on a microfibre cloth. I don't like the glossy/wet look on tires, and Silk Shine has a nice matte finish that usually lasts a pretty long time. I'm not normally a fan of those spray-on-and-leave tire cleaners/dressing, but that Black Magic stuff you see at Walmart is pretty good stuff to use if you just want a quick matte finish.

Interior I like the Mothers leather cleaner/protector. It seems to be the least-greasy of all the ones I've tried and is reasonably priced. It also seems to be the longest lasting as the leather will squeak as you sit down for a couple months after cleaning. Dash cleaner I like the Sonax brand. It has a nice matte finish and lasts a very long time before it starts to look dull again.

#53 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

Ford Edge Fanatic

• Edge Member
  • 2,517 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:2009

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:09 PM

I use both Menguiar's and Chemical Guys products. Both excellent. No, make that outstanding products. I'll use Mothers as well.

If I could just add to the above two excellent postings, concerning the Weathertech floor mats.

When their new, they look oh so nice. Proud moment the first time you place your shoe on one. But, in a few weeks the look like they have been sitting at the entrance of the barn.

Here's how I restore them.

Start by hosing them off and then clean with Chemical Guys Nonsense Invisible Super Cleaner. It usually involves some scrubbing in the crevasses with a scrub brush. Then a good hosing again. Let them sit in the sun to completely dry. Usually takes two beers of waiting, but it's worth it. (I promise).

When they're dry, I spray on Chemical Guys Silk Shine Dressing. Let it sit and they look new again. Or thereabouts.

Good job, pat on the back and time for a beer as a reward

They are slightly slippery, not too bad, for a day or two. Nice thing is they're dry to the touch afterwards. Like the scent as well, it's "new car scent".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users