Where do you park?!

CCL123

Hi everyone,

As we all on here love our Edges, I always wondered where do people mostly park in the parking lot? I like the park further away from everyone mainly because I don't have to drive around looking for a close spot, but there's people who like to park far to keep their cars from being scratched and what not.

So where do you park or what spots do you generally look for in the parking lot?

Im with Dingo, I find myself looking for other newer cars, an end spot so only one car can park next to me (and I try to get close to the curb so there is a lot of space between me and the other car), or in the back of a parking lot. I have been known to take pictures of cars parked crazy next to mine and write down the date and time on a note. That usually leads me to do a walk around my car when I come back to it. This is my first new car, so I'm probably paranoid, but I worked hard for it and I want it to stay nice.

The other week, some As :censored:ole put gum on the inside of my driver's side door handle. I was pretty upset, but that's the kinda stuff I want to avoid. Hence why I do the above. Luckily, I was able to get the gum off by holding ice on it for a few minutes to freeze it. It came off without a fight and no damage to the car.

I try and park in spots that have enough room, I like parking on the end spots, but since I tapped my rim on a curb the one time I am more leery on doing that now too, damn these 22's, lol. But like most I try to park next to nicer cars that I think will respect my space, although even people with nice cars tend to not care.

Funny you should ask, I like to park in an end spot on the passenger side of the car next to me, here in South Florida, it seems that everybody drives their own car, therefore no passenger, no egress. Oh and on windy days, I try to find the same spot, and park into the wind...you ask why?...in South Florida again, some d-bag's on their phone, get out of their cars and let the door go, wind catches it, your car stops it. I hate that! (side note, I always ASK my girlfriend when she gets out of my car to " watch her door, its windy", she hates that...she's a blonde)

Im with Dingo, I find myself looking for other newer cars, an end spot so only one car can park next to me (and I try to get close to the curb so there is a lot of space between me and the other car), or in the back of a parking lot. I have been known to take pictures of cars parked crazy next to mine and write down the date and time on a note. That usually leads me to do a walk around my car when I come back to it. This is my first new car, so I'm probably paranoid, but I worked hard for it and I want it to stay nice.

The other week, some As :censored:ole put gum on the inside of my driver's side door handle. I was pretty upset, but that's the kinda stuff I want to avoid. Hence why I do the above. Luckily, I was able to get the gum off by holding ice on it for a few minutes to freeze it. It came off without a fight and no damage to the car.

GUM!? Wow what jerks.

I'm just happy that I'm not the only one who does this as all my passengers hate me for parking far. I don't try to park the farthest but I also do try to park where only one side of my car can be hit. I'm just always in awe of those people with the super nice cars who park like they couldn't give a damn about it!

If say I'm at school and I really have no choice in where to park, I always try to park near a camera that way at least I have some sense of emotional security! LOL. For me school is the most frustrating as some idiot decides to stick student parking near the baseball diamond!!

Way out in the parking lot where nobody else wants to be. Walking is good for you. It seems like half the time when I come back a junker is sitting next to my vehicle so I make it a point to ensure that not the least thing of value is visible inside.

Dingo be careful though, my mom parked somewhere like that and some idiot decides to park their buggie on the side of her car :angry22: ...there are some people who hate nicer/newer cars.

Yeah, unfortunately, you can only minimize the chance of damage, not eliminate it entirely.

Check out this rock star parking! This is how I roll!

20120419_195027.jpg

You left your lights on...oh wait...I bet you have the auto off option...

I'm with CCL123, I think I would have used the space on the opposite end against the curb, less foot traffic; even though there is a cart corral next to which encourages proper parking of the carts.

It depends on the circumstance because like others I try to park where only 1 car can park next to me. If I shop early in the morning, I like to park close and by a curb, but later in the day, I tend to park farther away because of the crowds. I try to park away from someone who is too close to the line, over the line, or that drives an absolute crappy vehicle since they are more likely to ding mine. Overall, though, it is luck, and I know that a vehicle can't stay new forever. In addition, most of the scratches are from me anyway.

You left your lights on...oh wait...I bet you have the auto off option...

I'm with CCL123, I think I would have used the space on the opposite end against the curb, less foot traffic; even though there is a cart corral next to which encourages proper parking of the carts.

The row I was in is all handicapped.

Edited by Dingo

Heck of a nice looking rig, Dingo. I've only ever seen one 2011+ Sport around here and it was black. They are a bit pricey though at over $55,000.

I normally park a safe distance from wherever I am going. I don't mind walking. With an aging population, it's just not worth the risk of someone attempting to 'park by feel'.

My GMC Terrain had an option to tilt the outside mirrors toward the ground when you shifted into reverse so you could park closer to a curb without risking damage to your wheels. I wish Ford would implement something like that.

My GMC Terrain had an option to tilt the outside mirrors toward the ground when you shifted into reverse so you could park closer to a curb without risking damage to your wheels. I wish Ford would implement something like that.

The problem with the auto option is when you may have to back into a long driveway (like I do). I simply leave my mirror selector on the right and just move it down as I'm backing in my parking space against the curb at work.