What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Also been thinking about doing a projector retrofit for "fun" if I can find a spare set of 2007-2010 headlights for a decent price...anyone know of a good connection? I've obviously checked out eBay and places like that...nothing looks too good yet. Trying to find a good fall project.

find the "fit" member, he has a set maybe he will sell them

Just installed the replacement relay cube and that did the trick. The fog light on the same side ended up just being a little loose in the connection...

I did order the projector retrofit kit from TRS and a few other build materials as well...was able to find a cheap, new set of headlights off eBay so if everything comes in by next week, I'm hoping to have the new headlights completed by end of October.

• Like 1

All parts for the projector retrofit were delivered today. Baked the lights when I got home from work and removed the lenses from both assemblies. It was actually very easy to remove (cleanup of permaseal not so much). I'll be taking apart everything else and doing the minimal cutting while I'm at work tomorrow, and maybe even start painting parts if I have time...

Still debating whether I want to seal off the high beam area or run with dual high beams on each side...keeping the halogen high beam functional would stop me from being able to black out the assembly...Any suggestions?

• Like 1

TPMS indicator showed a low tire pressure. Upon inspection, I took a big wood screw to the left rear inner sidewall. Had to have a new G'Year Eagle RS-A R245/50r20 put on. $161.29. Oh well, life happens. Fortunately the Goodyear shop (been going to them for years) keeps them in stock and I was in/out in about an hour.

• Like 1

All parts for the projector retrofit were delivered today. Baked the lights when I got home from work and removed the lenses from both assemblies. It was actually very easy to remove (cleanup of permaseal not so much). I'll be taking apart everything else and doing the minimal cutting while I'm at work tomorrow, and maybe even start painting parts if I have time...

Still debating whether I want to seal off the high beam area or run with dual high beams on each side...keeping the halogen high beam functional would stop me from being able to black out the assembly...Any suggestions?

could just install a dummy projector into that spot, since you evidently went with a bixenon projector that spot is useless

• Like 1

could just install a dummy projector into that spot, since you evidently went with a bixenon projector that spot is useless

That is an option....going to talk to one of my guys at work today...he's a fabrication genius, so I'd like to see what he would recommend if I were to seal up the high beam section...after that, I can better make a decision.

Made some really good progress today on the retrofit...Disassembled both headlights and did all necessary cutting to the reflector bowls. I had to use some epoxy on one reflector bowl (cutting error), and one headlight trim (small crack). But both should be good tomorrow after it cures, I'll sand it down and paint them. Have the other headlight trim and both shrouds drying with the first coat of paint right now. Played around with projector fitment and how I'm going to run the solenoid wiring (I may be able to use the hole created by the removed reflector piece, which would be great!

Taking pictures as I go, not going to do a full write-up since there is a few on here plus most have moved on from the Gen1 Edge anyways...but I'll post all pics to my profile when done.

Hoping to have everything done, cleaned, and sealed by Friday afternoon! Probably won't have time to install on vehicle for a week or two though...

• Like 1

One of my OEM turn signal lights failed so I decided to swap them out with Drive Brights LED turns. I had Dave's turns in the back with his new rear light assembly I installed earlier this year and was really pleased with them. I have had LED switchbacks several years ago but were not impressed with their performance during the day, but these suckers are bright! They did come with and I installed resistors for them.

Rear Shadow Black Light assembly:

20160308_184841_zpskenjfmdb.jpg

A picture I posted a little bit ago:

20160328_132818_zps13ndvvqc.jpg

The front turns:

20161019_183127_zpsvkq1ha9j.jpg

20161019_183132_zpsvalbreok.jpg

20161019_183147_zps6jweqgyy.jpg

Against my 55W HIDs:

20161019_183229_zpslxdt4e82.jpg

• Like 1

Bought the magnaflow exhaust system for my 16' Edge sport thinking it's for awd after magnaflow had confirmed that however it turned out that its only for fwd. my installer had to modify it to work but it works!

I have the same system. I'm in the process of removing the resonator.