What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Installed my new DTBL LED tail lights last week. Just got some decent pictures...plan on doing a full write up since I believe not many ppl have purchased the 07-10 LED tail lights from Dan. I went with the new Shadow Sport option. As you can see in the pictures below, they are not blacked out like my VHT ones were but its better that way. They're safer, you can see the LED features during the day, and they probably appeal to a more general audience now (better for when I sell the Edge). So I'm very happy with these and like I said will be doing a better write up soon

DTBL LED Tail lights 3/4 view

DTBL LED Tail lights with reverse lights

DTBL LED Tail lights with lights on

DTBL LED Tail lights vs. VHT Tinted Stock

• Like 2

Installed chrome-clad door handles to go with my freshly waxed chrome-clad wheels. Makes the wheels pop. Great contrast to the black body. Good quality handles from Razer Auto; $35 on Amazon. A small change that made a big difference in appearance. I like it! Here's before and after pics. You be the judge.

Looking SHARP King B) . If you don't mind me asking, where did you get them and how hard were they to install? Also, I have keyless start with the proximity fob that unlocks the drivers door when I touch the door handle. Will this replacement handle negatively impact that option?

You'd have to get the handles for the Smart key option. They're just a few dollars more at $38 on Amazon (I can only vouch for the quality of the ones by Razer Auto). They installed very easily and they look great. Might as well have chrome-clad handles to go with our chrome-clad wheels. Right?

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing much, went in for an oil change and A/C check today. Decided to try Mobil 1 High Mileage 5W20 at 94K, see how it feels. Edge doesn't feel as "light" around town right now, but I think they pulled the batt, so am in relearn mode. Also the system was overcharged (22 oz) instead of spec (19 oz), apparently contributing to the mediocre A/C performance.

Finally started my factory speaker swap out in my non-Sony '13 SEL. Got in the two rear doors yesterday. Easy-peasy. Those "JaimeiHelpYou" how-to videos (front & rear door panel removal) on You Tube were great. And the Metra 72-5600 speaker harness adapters are a must have. Made it soooo easy to swap out the speakers; plug and play. I also got the Boom Mat slim fit speaker baffles, which had the perfect depth; enough for the speakers to have sufficient airflow, but not so deep that they interfere with the window movement. I plan to get the front door speakers done over the holiday weekend.

• Like 1

Got the front door speakers in today. Infinity Reference coaxials in the front doors (with pivoting dome tweeters), and Kenwood 3-ways in the rear doors. So the 4 speakers, the Metra 72-5600 adapters and the Boom Mat speaker baffles cost me $150 all together. Install was a piece of cake. Very satisfied with the end result. Sounds great.

• Like 2

Wow! Everyone has been up to a lot in here. All your Edges look great! I am pretty jealous seeing everyones DTBLs installed. I wish I had my DTBL DRLs here...

Today, I restored my Edge's shoes to their original glory while I was smoking ribs and chicken.

20150705_201413_zpskp8mj4tw.jpg

20150705_201438_zpsc0wjal9v.jpg

20150705_170738_zpscy6at8so.jpg

• Like 1

A/C has been slow to cool (blowing "cold" air, that is), even when ambient and engine is just warmed up. Compared it to the '97 Intrepid, which began blowing cold air within seconds of starting the A/C in similar conditions.

Looked at the condenser in front of the radiator. Lots of fins that remind me of the Explorer Sport wheel look :) Didn't really see any major obstructions, but quite a few small pebbles caught here & there. And the fins were black (dirt? paint?). So I took an A/C Foaming Cleaner (Home Depot) and sprayed the condenser liberally with it, let it sit for a few minutes, hosed it off with gentle water pressure.

Waiting to get a chance to check for any performance changes, but the fins do look much cleaner.