EDGE CLEANING AGENTS???..wax or water =]

THIS ARE THE BRANDS I USED...is it good? or should i change some of it??

1. mothers fx spray wax

2. mothers clay bar

3. mothers black bumper restorer

4. armor all interior detailer

5. Mothers chrome polish

6. Rain X glass cleaner

7. armor all wash and wax liquid

8. turtle wax wheel alloy cleaner

......anyway how do i make my car really shiny???...i was trying to use this cleaning agents..and it seems it only gives me 50% shine and yea ....i wanna make my edge very shiny like it was in a car show =]...\

ANY SUGGESTIONS??? ^_^

TIPS AND TRICKS ???/

Nothing at all wrong with Mother's product's. But you have no sealant or wax their. Your best sealant's are polymer types.. and you just really can't beat a carnauba wax on top of those. The spray wax is just a diluted form of wax, won't last 1/2 as long as a hand rubbed application.

Their are other threads on this topic. Use the search function here and Google to view the topic. Since their are so many products, you will find a lot of people swear by the brand they use.

Edited by 07 MKX

You might want to try the NXT wax from Meguiar’s. Just don't put it on to thick. Keep it nice and thin, it will come off really easy.

I agree I have the blazing Copper also and have always used Meguiars products. I use the NXT wax and that is a Bottle wax not the spray or the Can. I also use the Gold Class wash. Other than the Wash everything else I use is NXT. Speed detailer, Interior protectant, Etc. I even use their towels. Maybe Barry should give me a break on price. It's good stuff but man it's high priced.

SRE

• 9 months later...

1. mothers fx spray wax

2. mothers clay bar

5. Mothers chrome polish

6. Rain X glass cleaner

......anyway how do i make my car really shiny???...i was trying to use this cleaning agents..and it seems it only gives me 50% shine and yea ....i wanna make my edge very shiny like it was in a car show =]...\

ANY SUGGESTIONS??? ^_^

TIPS AND TRICKS ???/

I don't see anything on your list that I have had a problem with, but I now use Zaino Brothers products and I have for the last several years. You just can't beat the quality and depth of shine. They can be found at www.zainostore.com (No, I don't work for them nor do I subcontract with them - I just like their products and I think they work better)

I just picked up my Blazing Copper Edge last Saturday and it is sitting in the garage right now about 70% complete clay barring the surface. The car will stay there until I can get my next shipment of Zaino Brothers stuff to seal and then waz the car. Then I'm looking to add a clear bra to all the front facing surfaces and the hood. Then I'll finally be able to take my blazing copper baby for a ride.

BP

I also participate in the Ody Van forum and the Zaino product gets huge raves and anyone that has used it seems to be converted for life. I haven't tried it yet, just use clay bar and McGuires 3 step products. I haven't tried the bumper black product but might give it a go. I used to swear by armorall but have been turned off on it lately.

1. mothers fx spray wax

2. mothers clay bar

5. Mothers chrome polish

6. Rain X glass cleaner

ANY SUGGESTIONS??? ^_^

Go to www.pleasewashmycar.com and click "why spot free?" ...see why you should never dry your Edge. With anything. Always wash and rinse with spot free water (at least rinse). This means no lint, smears or SCRATCHES from any kind of chamois or towel. You may say microfiber or a chamois won't scratch. False. If your drying your Edge and dust or fine dirt lands on the surface and you drag whatever across it to dry it, you've scratched it. Take it from a detail biz owner. You are using mostly good products and I agree with the NXT Tech 2.0 wax. Great stuff. Use it on ALL of your glass..works better and easier to apply/remove.

My Edge gets cleaned twice weekly and I ALWAYS use a freshly cleaned bucket and a microfiber wash towel. Pre-rinse is very important....and although I am replyin long after your post, this info can be used for all your cars.

Holla

TIPS AND TRICKS ???/

I'm a big fan of 4Star Ultimate Paint Protection and Pinnacle Souverain carnuba wax. I have a Creme Brulee Edge and while it's kind of hard to tell shine or reflection on this light color,these two products really seem to make the color "pop" in the sunlight. I also have a White Diamond Pearl Acura TL and you can really see the pearl in this color with these products. Just my .02.

I have been using Klasse since 2001 and have no problems with it. Like Zaino, it's a polymer sealant that can be layered. As for carnauba waxes, these are in my "stable" currently:

- Pinnacle Souveran

- Pinnacle Liquid Souveran

- P21S

- S100

S100 can be purchased from your local Harley store for ~15 and it's an instant on-instant off wax.

Another thing I love about Klasse is that I use their "polish" (All In One) as a base for another sealant in my arsenal which is Autoglym Super High Gloss Paint Protection. I used AIO+the Autoglym on a black 2002 Maxima SE and topped that with Pinnacle Souveran and it was like looking into a mirror (or for Star Wars fans, shinier than Darth Vader's helmet).

• 4 weeks later...

1. mothers fx spray wax

2. mothers clay bar

5. Mothers chrome polish

6. Rain X glass cleaner

ANY SUGGESTIONS??? ^_^

TIPS AND TRICKS ???/

I have been using a product called liquid glass I just did my vapor silver edge and it shines great. this product has been around a long time and is well worth the 20 bucks

• 6 months later...
You might want to try the NXT wax from Meguiar’s. Just don't put it on to thick. Keep it nice and thin, it will come off really easy.

I have a black edge and used the THX was on it. When wiping it off with micro fiber towels, it looked streaky. After waxing it we had to use a spray detailer to get it to look better. Is it harder to use on black or did I leave it on too long? I have read that this is the best wax and actually asked at a car show and that's what they told me. I not sure I want to use it again and it really turned out to be a lot of work. We live on a well but we bought one of those filters just for washing cars. Before getting the filter, you couldn't dry the car off fast enough to prevent spots. Fortunately I have always used the filter on the Edge.

Thanks for the hints.

I have a black edge and used the THX was on it. When wiping it off with micro fiber towels, it looked streaky. After waxing it we had to use a spray detailer to get it to look better. Is it harder to use on black or did I leave it on too long? I have read that this is the best wax and actually asked at a car show and that's what they told me. I not sure I want to use it again and it really turned out to be a lot of work. We live on a well but we bought one of those filters just for washing cars. Before getting the filter, you couldn't dry the car off fast enough to prevent spots. Fortunately I have always used the filter on the Edge.

Thanks for the hints.

Sorry I always forget to proof and end up with messed up words. Of course I meant wax, not was.

I found this site autogeek

I like using:

Zymol car wax

Simoniz Tire Wet

Mothers Reflections Advanced Leather Care

Mothers preserves protectant (Spray it on a damp cloth then apply it. keeps the gloss down)

Turtle Wax power out upholstery cleaner for the carpets.

But I am not sure the best product for the crome clad rims. And I need to pick up some Microfibre Drying Towel

Edited by KMAN

Zymol is well regarded, I just have had bad luck with it as it all seems to leave a streak for me.

If you are starting from fresh and really want a nice shine. I would wash the car using a regular car wash soap. Then dry the car with microfiber towels only.

Now for the first step.... clay the car.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/detailingclay.html

Now wax the car with a carnuba wax. Remember never clay or wax the car in direct sunlight. The heat will dry out the wax too fast.

Then buff with a clean microfiber towel.

Edited by Splitpi

I have tried several brands and more or less all of them will give you the same results, mine is Vapor Silver, not the best color for a show neither: just name it Mothers, Turtle, Meg, Zaino, Zymol, Simmoniz, all of them are made out of the same things, Carnuba Wax in different concentrations and diluted, or a Polymer mix, all of those with just a few exceptions, have been in the market for at least 25 years or more, and all of these guys are very familiar with the know how of creating very good products...I personally like Meg products, but to say that one is better than other, without taking into consideration the human factor, temperature, tools used, quality of the paint and surface, the actual physical condition, and experience of the operator, is just pure speculation, the most important thing is the right way of applying it...

I personally try to avoid solid and paste wax, as the white residue is a pain to be removed later on, so I prefer the no haze applications or polymers, with no white residue, like ICE and some of the Meg products, just for pure protection and a little better look after the car wash, and period...I will not participate in any event not will run for a prize...The few times I have taken the car to a pro-detailer, have never been better than while I personally apply it, so I stopped doing it, as those places are not cheap at all...

As a side note, last week I went to a place to wash the underside of the car, here they use tons of salt on the winter time, and guys this little Mexican after lifting the car like a mechanic, spent literally more than one hour, bathing it with a solvent fluid (with an smell similar to the WD-40) but at very high pressure, and later on with another pressure hose cleaned and washed that darn thing all around, and later on, the engine.....Oh man while they finished, the car was like new on the underside, all the residues of salt, mud, dust, even rust on the exhaust pipes were all gone, all labels and stickers were white like new, and all rubber things were like just placed...!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Wolfgang products for the win!

I have a 2008 Black Ford Edge and detailed my ride last weekend with Wolfgang products:

Auto Bath

Clay Bar

Polish

Sealant

Yes they're expensive, but well worth the upfront costs. My Edge looks better than the day I bought it... It's rained twice since and my ride still looks tits.

I'll upload pics if you're interested.

NXT 2.0 wash and wax. Believe me, I have used them all. The 2.0 lasts the longest and water does not bead up.....it sheets off the car leaving it virtually "waterproof".

I agree. Just bought another round of NXT 2.0 wax in the bottle, 3 bottles of NXT quick detailer & 64oz of NXT wash soap. Love the stuff!!

Oh yeah, can't forget the polishers in my arsenal.

- Porter Cable 7428 Rotary

- Porter Cable 7336 Random Orbital

- Ultimate Detailing Machine Random Orbital

If you are looking to do some serious paint correction (read: swirl removal), you will have to invest in one of those machines, plus pads and polish.

As for polishes, I have used the following with no problem on different vehicles:

Menzerna

Autoglym

Poorboys (SSR Series)

I also have Polycharged my Klasse and tried it on a friend's GMC Sierra. Does add depth.