Bad Brake Booster???

I had this issue on my 2013 Sport last week and had read up on it here prior to taking it into a major dealer here in the KC area.

I told them....Here ya go....This is 13N02 Extended Warranty on Brake Booster. (2010-2013 Model Year it says)

They checked it out and yes this is/was the problem.....However

They said my Vehicle was not covered due to not showing in their system by the VIN. It would NOT be covered...

Welp a 2013 Sport that will not stop does me no good.

"Fix It"...It was to the tune of $617.85.............

To me this is a major safety issue on the vehicle and not covering a known defect can kill people.

I wish an accident is what brought me to them.....Like thru a dealers showroom window....

M-F'ers ...Maybe it will fail twice...I should test this theory tonight with them!!!!!

Soon.........This Edge will be owned by some other sucker....Bye Bye Ford!

dassa, you need to take it up with Ford directly. They can help you out, maybe even reimburse completely, with the expense. I hope you have your receipts on hand (even though the info should be in OASIS).

Try PM'ing FordService (Tricia) to get her advice on assistance Ford can provide, seeing as you are not far out of warranty. You need to get to 5 posts total on this forum to do so (you can do so in the TEST subforum), then click on this link:

http://www.fordedgef...on=send&do=form

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Why does everything cost 600 dollars? I just did a walk through Safety inspection on a dealership. It is always fun to see all those mechanics working on cars. Talked to a 27 year veteran and checked out his 20k dollar tool box (shed) that thing had everything in it. Simply amazing.

I have PM'd Tricia yesterday and hopefully will here some news this morning.

tamugrad2013,

Please keep me posted, and if you need anything just give me a shout! ;)

I had this issue on my 2013 Sport last week and had read up on it here prior to taking it into a major dealer here in the KC area.

I told them....Here ya go....This is 13N02 Extended Warranty on Brake Booster. (2010-2013 Model Year it says)

They checked it out and yes this is/was the problem...

Try PM'ing FordService (Tricia) to get her advice on assistance Ford can provide, seeing as you are not far out of warranty...

Welcome to the community, dassa!

As WWWPerfA_ZN0W stated, my name is Tricia. I’m the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representative. Let me document your dealer experience. Please private message (PM) your full name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number. I’ll get it noted! :)

Tricia

• Like 1

Well the Edge went into the shop this morning and they said that it that the new brake booster was defective. Kinda strange for it to fail in 3 weeks, but its covered under parts warranty so it will be free. The part should be in tomorrow morning and she should be ready for pick up tomorrow afternoon. So another day of driving around in a loaner Hyundai Accent (at least it gets good gas mileage) thats about the only pro.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Have 2010 Ford Edge with same symptoms - whoosing air sound inside the vehicles and the brake pedal going to the floor and taking a long distance to stop. I turned it in to the dealership where I have purchased all my Fords and go to for service. They just confirmed that the brake booster needs to be replaced for $563. Even though I showed them the 13N02 service advisory they said I am not covered even though I have a 2010 Ford Edge because my VIN does not match what is in the service advisory.

I asked to have it escalated to the service manager for now to see if they would cover it, I had it in their a month ago for maintenance and to check the brakes because the issue started back then (without the hissing air sound) - it progressively got worse over time.

Is there anyone on the forum that can help me escalate with Ford to work with the dealership to get this covered?

Thanks.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I just had my brake booster replaced yesterday at about 80,200 miles. I was glad that it covered by the extended warranty. I had printed out the PDF copy that was available from the link earlier in this discussion thread and left it on the passenger seat so the dealership was aware that I knew of it. I had to drive my wifes car for 4-days and the first thing I noted after getting back into the Edge was that it was time for the struts to be replaced. You get used to things and don't notice they're wearing out.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I took my 2012 Edge (86k miles) in to my normal mechanic with brake problems and then I learned about the Booster problem here. They confirmed it was that, and called the local Ford dealer and said it'd be covered under warranty which is great! Then I didn't hear anything back from the dealer for a week so I called and they said the part is on back order with no ETA. Monday the 5th will be week 3 and still no ETA on the part. Unfortunately it states that rentals won't be provided on the 13N02. Quite inconvenient not having a car for 3 weeks with no idea on when you'll be getting it back. I'm happy it is covered under the warranty though and hope it won't be one of those scenario's where it fails again in a short time.