A few differences I encountered during the installation of new rear shocks on Lullubelle vice the time I installed new shocks on the Orange Crush. Larger bolts on the lower point and the bolt and the nut both had different sizes. Go figure. Anyway it is not a true MAC T video until I break something (and I did) anyway here it is folks.

Very useful video!!!!

Are you using an auto facility at an military base to do your work?

I miss using those facilities due to having access to a lift and endless tools that can be checked out from the counter.

• Like 1

Very useful video!!!!

I miss using those facilities due to having access to a lift and endless tools that can be checked out from the counter.

I just used the Auto Hobby Shop here in Korea to replace my brake pads and rotate my tires yesterday. Cost me $9 for the use of the bay, lift, and all the tools. One of the other benefits of serving your country.

• Like 2

I use the Rock Island Arsenal for all of my DIY vehicle repairs. 5 dollars and hour for bay rental with lift and all tools. The mechanics they have on hand are a plus as sometimes I need their knowledge and experience to accomplish some tasks. Plus they have full computer access to All Data for vehicle repairs. I have been thinking about doing a short promo video on the Auto Skills Center as the guys have become more interested in what I do and even at times want to be in the videos.

Very useful video!!!!

• Like 2

I use the Rock Island Arsenal for all of my DIY vehicle repairs. 5 dollars and hour for bay rental with lift and all tools. The mechanics they have on hand are a plus as sometimes I need their knowledge and experience to accomplish some tasks. Plus they have full computer access to All Data for vehicle repairs. I have been thinking about doing a short promo video on the Auto Skills Center as the guys have become more interested in what I do and even at times want to be in the videos.

They were super helpful since it was my first time putting my own car on a lift and using an air gun to remove the tires. They are awesome for firs timers. No condescending talk about newbies. Very helpful and professional. That video would be a nice thing for them.

• Like 1

Lullubelle left me wanting this morning at 520am. Dead battery. I recharged it and started her up and deducted that when I took her for a bath the car cleaners moved the light control into manual and left my lights on and I did not pay attention to it on Saturday when I parked her. Then she sat there and slowly died until Monday morning. Guess I better pay closer attention to the chimes.

I just used the Auto Hobby Shop here in Korea to replace my brake pads and rotate my tires yesterday. Cost me $9 for the use of the bay, lift, and all the tools. One of the other benefits of serving your country.

The Auto Hobby Shops were the best in every base I was station at.

Hawaii has one of the best!!!

Shout out to the guys there that help me years ago on my first transmission fluid/diff change on my old 2003 Dodge Durango SLT 5.9.

I wish that I could find a shop that is closer in my area that allows me to rent a bay.

I could use the Air Force facility, but I have to drive over 30 miles in Atlanta traffic just to get to it. :cry:

Maybe if i have to do some extensive work that requires a lift I would make the drive.

Edited by carguy75
  • Like 1

Nice!!

I wish I could find a similar shop here that allows me to rent a bay also that is close by my house.

The promo video would help them I believe since it may let some other owners out there know that they can actually rent a lift/bay to work on their cars, since I bet a lot of owners do not know that such a shop exist.

Hell, many may be in your area and members of this forum. ;)

Edited by carguy75
  • Like 1

Ohhh update on the AEM filter. Mileage has leveled out to 23.9/24.0 pretty steady and is a bit above what it was prior to the install when it was using the old paper filter. I think it has some benefit just don't tell Akirby I said that. ;)

I noticed the same mileage increase when I changed my Edge air filter also.

I have never loss mpg by changing to an after-market drop-in air filter in any car I have owned in over 20 years, unless I floor the pedal trying to race around town.

Most modern engines can make good use of the extra air provided by aftermarket filters since most OEM paper air filters are very restrictive in comparison.

But in the OEM air filters defense, they do clean the air better than after-market high flowing filters I believe so it is a trade-off.

Edited by carguy75

4 months into the drive with Lullubelle and averaging close to 5k miles a month. The shake down is over and she is cruising along. I have made it a goal to change the tranny fluid out every 30k and treat it better than I did the transmission on the orange crush. Will see if this makes a difference long term.

• Like 1

Front struts and one more sway bar link ordered. Total parts cost about 225.00 (two kyb struts and two moog sway bar links) I figure the shop fees should be about 50 by the time I am finished. Not sure what dealership or shops charge but I bet it is around 500-600+ dollars. Should be able to get this done in the next few weeks. Then of course I will hopefully have some video on a 2011 Ford Edge strut replacement.

• Like 1

Brand new. Apparently the MTD original had faults so they have engineered a supposedly better transmission. It looks fairly simple to remove and install. It failed late February of last year so I figured I better get it bought and installed before the first snow flies. Getting too old to shovel and my princesses and queen do not feel it is their job to shovel. This is where the boys would come in handy not to mention also on repair videos. I am guessing they will grow up to feel Dad is their mechanic.