Toby99

Edge Low Speed Surge/Buck - Transmission

On 11/3/2023 at 9:21 AM, chipdog4 said:

It's been about 18 months and 17,000 miles and it's still going great. 

I never got any official receipt of what work they performed. 

I do have to wonder if with this new low viscosity transmission fluid, if the additives don't go bad after a certain time period and that could be contributing to the shudder too, like the 4R70W in the mid 90s.  I do plan to change the fluid every 25 to 30,000 miles from now on.

When you were getting the surge/buck over the winter was it only when the Edge was cold?  That is what mine does. Only surge/buck with the engine cold. It mostly happened as the outside temperatures got hot but I am getting it now as the temperatures are cooling off. Don't remember that happening before.  Also only happens when car is cold so the dealer would not be able to duplicate the surge/buck unless I left over night.  Did your surge/buck become more constant in February?

in my case problem was with DPFE sensor. hard shifting  and jerking at about 2000 RPM at constant speed.

sensor 2261799 ,KA1A-5L200-AB , KA1Z-5L200-A

does anyone know of any recalls or anything about the 8f35 transmission in the edge titanium? ecoboost jerking, bucking, shifting problems? if so has anyone found a fix for this? thanks

Edited by timbhmaxx22@gmail.com
  • Confused 1

thanks for the reply, no warranty i reported the problem 3 times ate different ford dealers but only one had a transmission tech he said it was the transmission computer and i was given the choice of leaving the car there until my turn or leaving and they call when my turn is ready but 5 weeks later they call i had went over my warranty mileage by 78 miles and then they said it was no longer covered. so no warranty.   i found a lot of other edge owners with this same problem some suggested using Forscan to fix it but i have no idea how. 

Recalls kick in when someone is going to die - basically.  Sad but it has been repeatedly shown to be truth in my observation.