Aftermarket Grille options for 2019

cardnilogical4417

I am looking to find a honeycomb style grille to replace the ugly chrome up front. I don't want to do the  grill swap because the ST is in the grille and its not an ST. Anyway I've been all over the interweb and I'm coming up empty. I was wondering if anyone on here has had any luck finding something similar? 

Looking for black honeycomb style or just even black. 

10 hours ago, cardnilogical4417 said:

I am looking to find a honeycomb style grille to replace the ugly chrome up front. I don't want to do the  grill swap because the ST is in the grille and its not an ST. Anyway I've been all over the interweb and I'm coming up empty. I was wondering if anyone on here has had any luck finding something similar? 

i've seen pics of the stock grill sprayed with matte black Plasti Dip or similar. not too much of an investment and if you don't like the results, just peel it off.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cardnilogical4417 said:

The ST on the grille is attached with double sided adhesive and can be removed. A bit of heat from a hair dryer, some dental floss and goops remover to clean up the left overs from the double sided adhesive and it's all gone. Other option is to cover the ST with a small piece of gloss black Vinyl wrap.

Edited by ONEDGE16
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ONEDGE16 said:

The ST on the grille is attached with double sided adhesive and can be removed. A bit of heat from a hair dryer, some dental floss and goops remover to clean up the left overs from the double sided adhesive and it's all gone. Other option is to cover the ST with a small piece of gloss black Vinyl wrap.

Once the ST badge is removed, will it leave a blank space were it was that is visible?

Edited by omar302

14 hours ago, omar302 said:

Once the ST badge is removed, will it leave a blank space were it was that is visible?

It should not. My focus ST was the same way. It just sticks on. Look at the parts diagram on Tasca parts for the ST grille and you won't see a hole/flat spot.

Personally I am going for a Trim Illusions black overlay on my grille. Should be here tomorrow and I kind of like the design of the stock grille, minus the color of course.

4 hours ago, IcyFridge said:

It should not. My focus ST was the same way. It just sticks on. Look at the parts diagram on Tasca parts for the ST grille and you won't see a hole/flat spot.

Personally I am going for a Trim Illusions black overlay on my grille. Should be here tomorrow and I kind of like the design of the stock grille, minus the color of course.

Please post some photos of before and after. 

It works well. Word of advice, even without the tape this thing got stuck on when I was test fitting. Broke a little tab getting it off but now that it's installed, it looks nearly perfect. You'll have to push up on the top part to hide the chrome. At extreme angles, you'll still see chrome underneath it from 3 feet or less. 

The area around the Ford logo has a few millimeters of space so I don't see that as a problem really. I'll keep an eye on it due to ice expansion during winter. 

20190905_175312_HDR~2.jpg

20190905_180414~2.jpg

• Like 1

--> :lol:You guys are funny…  You're paying for a chromed model then cover it in black!…:headscratch:  I'm at the opposite from you. The main reason why I chose the Titanium over the ST was not price-related but rather because of the black trim… Too much black on the ST :huh: …the grille, side windows trim, wheels, etc…too much black!…Usually the more chrome, the more luxurious it looks. The ST looks like a lower end model to me. 

I love "bling" and I wanted as much chrome as I could get soooo, I ordered the "Elite" package because it comes with the chrome mouldings at the bottom of the doors and at the bottom of the front bumper :thumbsup:

Claude.:)

56 minutes ago, 2FAST4U said:

--> :lol:You guys are funny…  You're paying for a chromed model then cover it in black!…:headscratch:  I'm at the opposite from you. The main reason why I chose the Titanium over the ST was not price-related but rather because of the black trim… Too much black on the ST :huh: …the grille, side windows trim, wheels, etc…too much black!…Usually the more chrome, the more luxurious it looks. The ST looks like a lower end model to me. 

I love "bling" and I wanted as much chrome as I could get soooo, I ordered the "Elite" package because it comes with the chrome mouldings at the bottom of the doors and at the bottom of the front bumper :thumbsup:

I'd totally get a ST if I had $20k more. I'm not as fortunate as some of you all. Plus I hate leather seats. ?

Edited by IcyFridge

13 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

I think the chrome adds something to white cars - here's my Vignale from the UK

AClark1b.jpg

18 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

It's a generational thing.  There is no way you are younger than 50 years old.  Old people just like chrome for some reason.  Some random old guy told me how much he liked our 08 Taurus Limited we had.  It was absolutely slathered in chrome. 

You really don't pay extra for chrome- unless you get the very base econobox model- that's just what you get as standard.   The titanium/limited models always get even more chrome, but that's just part of a package with other crap.  Nobody is paying extra just for more chrome.  However people ARE paying more to get black trim instead.  The "appearance package" on the last Gen Explorers, the "sport" trim on the F150s etc.  You pay extra to not get chrome, and nothing else.  That's how much people dislike chrome drenched all over their vehicles.      I think the Titanium models look ridiculous with all the chromed plastic parts every where. The mirror caps are simply over the top and chrome wheels were out of style 10 years ago.  But hey, that's why Ford has options and why they call it "taste".

As for the ST looking like a base model- not really.  Base models have bare plastic everywhere.  It's all grey looking with a flat or matte finish, and generally very cheap looking.     The ST grille is a gloss black finish. The bare plastic along the bottom on the base models is painted on the STs.  They really look nothing alike and nobody will ever confuse the two.  Black wheels are optional as well, and our does not have them.  

Maybe I dislike chrome on cars because I refused to use the word "bling" to describe anything.    Bright, shiny, reflective- plenty of other non-made up words we can use.  

Edited by IWRBB

4 hours ago, IWRBB said:

It's a generational thing.  There is no way you are younger than 50 years old.  Old people just like chrome for some reason.  Some random old guy told me how much he liked our 08 Taurus Limited we had.  It was absolutely slathered in chrome. 

You really don't pay extra for chrome- unless you get the very base econobox model- that's just what you get as standard.   The titanium/limited models always get even more chrome, but that's just part of a package with other crap.  Nobody is paying extra just for more chrome.  However people ARE paying more to get black trim instead.  The "appearance package" on the last Gen Explorers, the "sport" trim on the F150s etc.  You pay extra to not get chrome, and nothing else.  That's how much people dislike chrome drenched all over their vehicles.      I think the Titanium models look ridiculous with all the chromed plastic parts every where. The mirror caps are simply over the top and chrome wheels were out of style 10 years ago.  But hey, that's why Ford has options and why they call it "taste".

As for the ST looking like a base model- not really.  Base models have bare plastic everywhere.  It's all grey looking with a flat or matte finish, and generally very cheap looking.     The ST grille is a gloss black finish. The bare plastic along the bottom on the base models is painted on the STs.  They really look nothing alike and nobody will ever confuse the two.  Black wheels are optional as well, and our does not have them.  

Maybe I dislike chrome on cars because I refused to use the word "bling" to describe anything.    Bright, shiny, reflective- plenty of other non-made up words we can use.  

Well, I think that neither of you or me are "right" or "wrong" here… You said the key word here is "taste" . I'm not saying "good" or "bad" either, I'm saying tastes are "different" from one person to another. "Different strokes for different folks".

That's about sums it up! :hi5: 

Claude.

P.S: I'm 67 y/o… :zombi:

Edited by 2FAST4U

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/19/2019 at 6:34 AM, IcyFridge said:

More black on the way. ;) I have a set of imposter wheel skins coming in. Thought $90 shipped would be better than $800+ for aftermarket wheels.

I just got my 2019 Edge SEL and will do a black vinyl wrap on the door trim. I do not like chrome.

I like your black grille. How did you make it?

Thanks.

Edited by atulo

18 hours ago, atulo said:

I just got my 2019 Edge SEL and will do a black vinyl wrap on the door trim. I do not like chrome.

I like your black grille. How did you make it?

Thanks.

It's an overlay you install on top of the existing Grille. OP got it from Trim Illusion (Part No: ABS6498BLK - $ 395)

https://iframe.autoaccessoryconfigurator.com/TrimIllusion&hook=iframe_user&layout=product_list

2019 EDGE SEL Grille Overlay - Trim Illusion.jpg

Other option from e-bay 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-2019-Ford-Edge-Gloss-Black-Grille-Overlay-No-Front-Camera-/153621450565

Edited by ONEDGE16
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...