2011 Build Date

thebrave

My Limited is Black. I guess if the chrome snout doesn't set well with me, I could order a Sport grill and not worry about painting it (assuming it will already be black)

I don't think specific "Sport grille inserts" are avail. All I see is the ones I ordered - "Painted Grille Inserts, Prime." Sez it fits 2011 Ford Edge. While it doesn't say Sport, I think they are the same parts. They could certainly be painted black.

I'm hoping my car was built yesterday as scheduled.

I did take a 2011 Edge Limited out for a spin today. When I was pulling into the dealers lot a car carrier was backing in to unload 2 more edges. One was even a Bordeaux Reserve Red Limited... but sadly wasn't mine. :angry:

It was great to finally drive the 2011! The ride was so smooth and quiet. I played around with the My Ford Touch and while it will take some getting used to it was really cool.

Now if they could just put my car on the fast train to Missouri I would really appreciate it. The wait is killing me! :hyper:

Finally, I see progress being made on my Edge.

I was told by CRC a couple weeks ago there was a "Scheduled to Day" date of Sep 01 (build completion date). My build week was pushed from 8/16 to 8/30 early on. Well, this is the week of 8/30 and yesterday was Sep 01. All this time (since the 8/18 accepted and sent to factory date) the status has been "In Production."

I just received word from my salesguy (helps that he's an old friend of mine) that the primary status is "In Production" with secondary status of "Produced" and a status date Sep 01happy%20feet.gif. The "Veh Loc" is still Oakville assembly with an ETA of TBD. We're hoping that the seconday status changes soon to "Released to Carrier" then a location change to "On Train" or something to that effect. Once that happens, we should have an ETA (delivery date). While I'm hopeful that will still be next week, it doesn't seem likely.

I'm hoping my car was built yesterday as scheduled.

I did take a 2011 Edge Limited out for a spin today. When I was pulling into the dealers lot a car carrier was backing in to unload 2 more edges. One was even a Bordeaux Reserve Red Limited... but sadly wasn't mine. :angry:

It was great to finally drive the 2011! The ride was so smooth and quiet. I played around with the My Ford Touch and while it will take some getting used to it was really cool.

Now if they could just put my car on the fast train to Missouri I would really appreciate it. The wait is killing me! :hyper:

Hi Luvford,

I did the same thing on Monday night. Took a 2011 for a drive. My car is scheduled for Sept 13 build (a Monday, yikes!!). I also found the ride better than the 2010. I really like the changes to both the front and the back. The fog lights are great on the 2011. As you said the My Ford Touch system is pretty sweet and will take time to figure all out but I think once that is done it will be much easier. I tried numerous voice commands and they all seemed to work (raise temperature, lower temperature, increase fan, etc..). Didn't try voice commands with Nav system but while parked the Nav system was perfect and as good as my current Garmin system. Only catch is that with the Ford Nav, you cannot have the passenger change the route or locate a destination while you are driving. I think this can be done via voice commands with the driver but haven't tried it.

Did you drive a car with the upgraded sound system? I was in the SEL with the 6 speakers and dual knob control rather than the touch contol / 12 speakers for the upgraded system.

I'm only 4 hours from the Oakville plant so I hope shipping will be rather quick. Time will tell.

Just got an update that my order status as of 8/31/10 is "In production" Does anyone know how long they usually have this status for? Also my dealer said that they got an update saying that there is a shortage of some part for all of the 2011's that might delay the overall production of the 2011's. Has anyone else heard anything like this or know what part it is that is in short supply?

Just got an update that my order status as of 8/31/10 is "In production" Does anyone know how long they usually have this status for? Also my dealer said that they got an update saying that there is a shortage of some part for all of the 2011's that might delay the overall production of the 2011's. Has anyone else heard anything like this or know what part it is that is in short supply?

Look up about 4 posts. My Edge's status became "In Production" on 8/18 and was built yesterday. That's 15 days.

Have not heard of any parts delays.

I heard they were having a shortage of CHROME GRILLS !

If they only knew that you were supplying your own.

LOL. Just kidding

:hysterical2:

I created a myfordsync login when I got my VIN a couple weeks ago. Until today, the site always said "Verify your VIN." Today, one day after my Edge was produced, it now acknowledges the VIN is valid and allows me to setup stuff. I can also see what Sync software has been installed and what updates are available. I can also send a Google Map location to the vehicle successfully, which I could not do before. Of course, this all completely useless to me until I can sit in it. :reading:

Edited by revOevoM

Ok i have a question for the ones who have seen the 2011. i did not get the blind spot system on the limited i ordered hoping the mirrors would still have the little blind spot mirrors built in on the top. can anyone confirm this for me?

All the ones I've seen and the one I drove have had the blind spot system.

When I was looking through the manual I think it talked about having the little concave/convex mirrors on the side mirrors to help with the blind spot issue. I think there definitely are some blind spots... but it was hard to tell with the stickers on the windows.

Hi Luvford,

I did the same thing on Monday night. Took a 2011 for a drive. My car is scheduled for Sept 13 build (a Monday, yikes!!). I also found the ride better than the 2010. I really like the changes to both the front and the back. The fog lights are great on the 2011. As you said the My Ford Touch system is pretty sweet and will take time to figure all out but I think once that is done it will be much easier. I tried numerous voice commands and they all seemed to work (raise temperature, lower temperature, increase fan, etc..). Didn't try voice commands with Nav system but while parked the Nav system was perfect and as good as my current Garmin system. Only catch is that with the Ford Nav, you cannot have the passenger change the route or locate a destination while you are driving. I think this can be done via voice commands with the driver but haven't tried it.

Did you drive a car with the upgraded sound system? I was in the SEL with the 6 speakers and dual knob control rather than the touch contol / 12 speakers for the upgraded system.

I'm only 4 hours from the Oakville plant so I hope shipping will be rather quick. Time will tell.

Hi

The one I drove had the upgraded Sony sound system. The only knob that turned was the volume everything else was touch and it was awesome! You can tell they paid a lot of attention to the sound with speaker placement.

I love when you turn the car on and all the dash displays come on! Awesome!

I was told it would take 2 or 3 days to get to me in Missouri by rail so you should get yours really quick!

As of this morning mine is awaiting a rail spot! :hyper:

Ok i have a question for the ones who have seen the 2011. i did not get the blind spot system on the limited i ordered hoping the mirrors would still have the little blind spot mirrors built in on the top. can anyone confirm this for me?

The one I drove, an SEL, had the little blind spot mirror so I'd assume that they all do. BTW, I'm in Canada as that might make a difference if you are in the US.

Hi All,

Took delivery of my 2011 Edge this afternoon from Tom Boland Ford in Hannibal, MO. Originally a customer order dated April 1, this Edge was duplicated with an identical dealer stock order as the factory rep. knew that order would be filled first. It is a Silver Limited AWD and looks exactly like the silver model in the 360 look on the Ford website. Spent about a half hour riding around, and sitting inside. Quieter ride than my 07 Edge. Haven't done any setup yet on the MyTouch. You can feel the extra 20 horses in the 30-40 MPH range during accelleration. Low end seems about like the older Edge, but smoother than the old transmission setup. That's it for now. Hope the nav and sync are easy to set up. More later.

Hi All,

Took delivery of my 2011 Edge this afternoon from Tom Boland Ford in Hannibal, MO. Originally a customer order dated April 1, this Edge was duplicated with an identical dealer stock order as the factory rep. knew that order would be filled first. It is a Silver Limited AWD and looks exactly like the silver model in the 360 look on the Ford website. Spent about a half hour riding around, and sitting inside. Quieter ride than my 07 Edge. Haven't done any setup yet on the MyTouch. You can feel the extra 20 horses in the 30-40 MPH range during accelleration. Low end seems about like the older Edge, but smoother than the old transmission setup. That's it for now. Hope the nav and sync are easy to set up. More later.

Hi thebrave,

I'm down in St. Louis. I test drove an Edge and will probably buy one, but will need to wait until they can get one with what I want. Did you get some sort of employee discount or were you a regular buyer? May I ask what sticker was and what you paid, and if that included the 1000 rebate? I'm looking for an SEL with the 202(?) package, and nav.

Just checking to see if anybody else has had the same issue as I am facing.

Car was built July 16 (ordered thru fleet services in Mid-April).

Was sent to the "ramp" for shipping, inspectors sent it bac to the plant - fleet servcies can't help me until it gets back to the "ramp". But be a number of cars with quality issues if it's been hung up for 6 weeks now?

Anybody facing the same issue?

Hi thebrave,

I'm down in St. Louis. I test drove an Edge and will probably buy one, but will need to wait until they can get one with what I want. Did you get some sort of employee discount or were you a regular buyer? May I ask what sticker was and what you paid, and if that included the 1000 rebate? I'm looking for an SEL with the 202(?) package, and nav.

UPDATE #1 and a Problem:

OK, the sticker was $41,920 USD minus the $1000 rebate (302A rapid spec with rubber mats as only listed option). I am just a loyal Ford buyer. There are several Customer Loyalty rebates listed also, but they are full of restrictions and I did not qualify even though we own 2 other Ford products. I traded a 2007 Edge, so my out of pocket is probably meaningless. I can tell you that it was about that standard deal that you see on Consumer Reports, etc. with middle to high Blue Book values for the trade-in. I did not price the 2011 Edge as a cash only deal when we ordered.

The only problem with the new Edge is that the SD navigation card (replaces the DVD for Nav) was not in the vehicle when it was unloaded at the Dealer. So when your car is started, you get an SD card error in the Navigation window. It is supposed to be in a packet in the glove box. They immediately ordered a replacement ($795 USD cost if you lost one) and it should be here on Tuesday. Disappointing but minor issue in the scope of things. Very enjoyable drive and ride. Hope all of you get yours soon.

I found out late yesterday afternoon that my Edge was released to Autoport with a status of "In Transit," but was still in Oakville without an ETA.

I dug around the intertubes a bit and saw that Autoport uses CN ("North America's Railroad") and to get most anywhere in the US, the route goes to Toledo, OH. There a transfer is made to [most likely] Norfolk Southern (at least to get to the Southeast).

But now that it's the weekend and a holiday one at that, only my dealer can provide further updates, as CRC is closed until Tue. It may very well be loaded and on its way already. It actually still may arrive this coming week.

:hysterical2:

I created a myfordsync login when I got my VIN a couple weeks ago. Until today, the site always said "Verify your VIN." Today, one day after my Edge was produced, it now acknowledges the VIN is valid and allows me to setup stuff. I can also see what Sync software has been installed and what updates are available. I can also send a Google Map location to the vehicle successfully, which I could not do before. Of course, this all completely useless to me until I can sit in it. :reading:

Well I think yours and mine will be on the same train to Chicago, I have the produced date of September 1st, my SYNC Owner VIN just got validated today, and my ETA is still TBD. Where are you located?

Well I think yours and mine will be on the same train to Chicago, I have the produced date of September 1st, my SYNC Owner VIN just got validated today, and my ETA is still TBD. Where are you located?

From Toledo my Edge will head South, not West. I'm in the Atlanta area. I'm NW of Atlanta and the dealer is waaay East, maybe 50-55 miles from me.:shift: