Sync my ride MFT upgrade avaliable?

I visited the SYNC my Ride web site, and for the 1st time in the 11 months since I owned my 2011 Ford Edge LTD, It shows that a update is avaliable. I'm currently on 2.8 and doing the download onto a 4GB flash drive. Maybe this is the user installable 2.11 update?

Anyone else find a update available and install it?

M.

post-10678-0-29276800-1316177279_thumb.jpg

I visited the SYNC my Ride web site, and for the 1st time in the 11 months since I owned my 2011 Ford Edge LTD, It shows that a update is avaliable. I'm currently on 2.8 and doing the download onto a 4GB flash drive. Maybe this is the user installable 2.11 update?

Anyone else find a update available and install it?

M.

WOOT!

I think I will rush home and try it out

post-9129-0-30696000-1316183279_thumb.jpg

Edited by wilsons66604

WOOT!

I think I will rush home and try it out

I downloaded it to my USB key, 300+MB (they recommend a 1 GB key for larger, mine is 4 GB) according to the instructions it can take 45 mins to install and you should keep the engine running while doing the update. Since I'm at work, I will wait til tonight(when I get home) to install it, but I'm glad it a self install.

Would be nice to hear of some successful installs before I try it on mine.. lol

M.

I was just told this week by one of the facebook Ford reps that the self install of 2.11 was going to be available soon, but you have to be on a more recent version then I am on. So those of you that suffered with dealer updates early will be able to do this one. I will still have to go in. They didn't tell me it was going to be available this week though. Good luck Wilson.

The install took about 75 minutes...not the 45 they said it would take

Now I'm on 2.11!!

SYNC Version

Gen2 - V2.11

BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14D546-AL

BT4T-14D546-AP

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F496-AL

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F496-AN

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F497-AG

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F497-AL

BT4T-14F497-AP

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-BE

BT4T-14F603-AG

BT4T-14F603-AL

BT4T-14F603-AP

I was just told this week by one of the facebook Ford reps that the self install of 2.11 was going to be available soon, but you have to be on a more recent version then I am on. So those of you that suffered with dealer updates early will be able to do this one. I will still have to go in. They didn't tell me it was going to be available this week though. Good luck Wilson.

Ya. I think it said you would have to have at least 2.3 to do the self install.

Posted on facebook :

Jaclyn At Ford

I just wanted to let everybody know that we've unveiled our first self-install update on SYNCMyRide.com for MyFord and MyLincoln Touch equipped vehicles! Version 2.11 can now be downloaded to a USB flash drive and installed in your vehicle. Click here to check it out:

http://bit.ly/qjI273

I'd recommend reviewing the Owner to Owner announcement as well as instructions:

http://bit.ly/qIclUa

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Have a great weekend :-)

Jaclyn

Verify your VIN to access your SYNC owner account as a guest - Please Enter Your Vehicle Identificat

www.syncmyride.com

Access the SYNC website as a guest

This is the text listed on my install history page...

This software update improves system performance and stability of SYNC® with MyFord Touch® and MyLincoln Touch®. This means that the system will automatically recover if it experiences a black or blank screen, and reduces the likelihood of the 8-inch touchscreen remaining active for 30 seconds when the vehicle is turned off and a door is opened.

Stability of the system has been improved when:

Replying to a text message

Downloading SiriusXM Travel Link data

Using Navigation features

Removing a USB device or SD card

Other improvements include:

Voice commands: Better recognition of radio station commands, dialing by number, and an enhanced list of voice commands is offered when you ask, "What can I say?"

Mobile phones: Overall improved phone pairing and connecting times. Improved phonebook downloads for iPhone® 4 and other devices with phonebooks that contain duplicate contacts. Removal of 911 Assist® pop-up screen for customers in Mexico and South America.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio: Overall enhancements include enhanced voice commands for SiriusXM channel names, as well as radio presets, frequencies, and corresponding icons display after tuning.

SD card Navigation: Improved overall stability of the South American Navigation.

iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc.

IMPORTANT

The installation of this update on your vehicle will take up to 45 minutes to complete. The SYNC® with MyFord Touch/MyLincoln Touch® update is automatic. Simply turn on your vehicle and your 8-inch touchscreen, insert your USB drive in your vehicle's SYNC USB port, and the update will begin automatically. DO NOT REMOVE YOUR USB DRIVE OR TURN OFF YOUR VEHICLE.

The Installation is complete when your 8-inch touchscreen displays a pop-up screen with the message: Installation Complete! At which point you must touch OK to exit the installation process.

This software contains all previous enhancements, so there is no need to install any other updates.

You must pair your phone and download your phonebook with SYNC again, after this installation. We recommend you turn your vehicle off and delete the previous SYNC Bluetooth connection on your mobile phone before turning your vehicle back on and re-pairing your phone with SYNC.

• Like 1

Now I'm on 2.11!!

SYNC Version

Gen2 - V2.11

BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14D546-AL

BT4T-14D546-AP

BT4T-14F497-AP

BT4T-14F603-AG

BT4T-14F603-AL

BT4T-14F603-AP

Glad to see that you were able to perform the update, guess I will give mine a try once I get home. Kind of a waste of gas to idle for 75 mins, but i'm only guessing that the older the version you are on, the longer it will take to update. If i'm not mistaken you were on 2.7 at the start. Since i'm on 2.8 I will see how long it takes on mine..

M.

Just finished the update. Took I'd say about 45 minutes at least to finish.

I've noticed some nice differences so far. Seems that the Nav System is much more responsive for one (just for that I'd say it's a success), and I've noticed a new sound option that I've not fiddled with just yet (something to do with volume to compensate for road noise if I'm reading it correctly). I'm sure there are a lot of other changes that I'll learn about as I dig in further.

• Like 1

Glad to see that you were able to perform the update, guess I will give mine a try once I get home. Kind of a waste of gas to idle for 75 mins, but i'm only guessing that the older the version you are on, the longer it will take to update. If i'm not mistaken you were on 2.7 at the start. Since i'm on 2.8 I will see how long it takes on mine..

M.

Ok I installed the 2.11 self install. The install took approx 40 mins.. However I had a problem when I first started the install. I plugged in the upgrade USB stick and it started the install. It started to load and then gave me a error message there wasn't enough storage. Sooo.. I thought the Index for my USB music must be eating up the space, so I did a master reset (which I found deletes the index) One the master reset was completed and sync rebooted. I plugged the upgrade USB back in, and performed the upgrade.

So if anyone runs into the same problem, maybe do a master reset and then do the upgrade.

So far it seems slightly faster, hopefully the intermittent phone disconnects I was experiencing (every couple of weeks it would get stuck at connecting to phone) will be resolved.

M.

Now I'm on 2.11!!

SYNC Version

Gen2 - V2.11

BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14D546-AL

BT4T-14D546-AP

BT4T-14F497-AP

BT4T-14F603-AG

BT4T-14F603-AL

BT4T-14F603-AP

I had my dealer install 2.11 on August 23rd and do notice some differences with yours done today; mine looks like:

BT4T-14D546-AM

BT4T-14D546-AP

BT4T-14D546-FA

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F496-AS

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F497-AP

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AM

BT4T-14F603-AP

If you buy that higher letters in the alphabet mean more recent, then the dealer's install seems more up to date.

As I've mentioned in another post, my problems (numerous) in the past appear to have been resolved when I ditched my Samsung Omnia for an iPhone4.

I still went to 2.11 and only issues noticed now are:

1- occasionally reverts back to some FM channel on start up even if I'm always on Sirius

2- occasionally some lag (5-10 seconds) when I'm inputting an address destination on navigation

Updated this morning from 2.4. As advertised, it took about 45 minutes to complete. I see no major changes, but the overall system responsiveness does seem improved. I am just glad it appears that Ford is going to start allowing for user updates. No one wants to go to the dealer every month or two for a software update.

My upgrade from 2.4 took almost exactly 45 minutes.

Initially this is looking much better. The car is starting to act like the one I ordered.

Problems I've see that appear fixed are

voice recognition doesn't work at all when driving - fixed with MFT 2.11

navigation doesn't provide turn by turn directions anymore, just chimes - fixed with MFT 2.11

generally very sluggish - better with MFT 2.11

4 way flashers won't com on - fixed with MFT 2.11

still waiting to see if these are gone as they were more intermitent

navigation will lose GPS while driving - vehicle must be restarted to clear

nav display orients at an odd angle and vehicle position doesn't track on roads

rearview camera sticks on

bluetooth hangs when trying to place call within 5 minutes of starting vehicle

system performs "scheduled maintenance" fairly regularly while driving

keeps losing pairiing with Blackberry Torch

Mine took 40 minutes coming from 2.8

Upgrade worked fine it did a bunch of resets during the process BUT

its a massive improvement in the problem areas I had.

1. Reverse camera actually works all the time.

Used to only work if I got it in reverse in the first ten seconds, now I can go back and fourth no problems

2. I was able to hit the Voice button and get a response only moments after the car was started.

Usually I have to wait up to 1-2 minutes before it will chime back after I pressed the button.

So far no stuck black screens after pulling out reverse.Seems more responsive over all and more importantly STABLE.

and yes I did it without a trip to the dealer.. now they are on the right track.

Updated mine today, from 2.8. Took not quite 40 minutes. Here are problems I've experienced so far with 2.11:

Random audio selection or audio is "off" on staring car. I listen to Sirius almost exclusively. Sometimes when I start the Edge, it will be on the same channel, sometimes another channel that I don't even have set, and sometimes it will be on an AM channel and sometimes on an FM channel. Did not have this issue on 2.8.

Calendar starts at January, 2030. No calendars are available prior to January, 2030.

Thinks the current date is May 4, 2031, instead of September 18, 2011.

Time was set to correct time of day following the install. Six hours later, the clock was ahead by 1 hour. Reset to correct time. "Time will tell."

Upgrade went smoothly from 2.4 to 2.11.

I was so happy to do this at home - i was actually putting off an oil change to schedule that and the MFT upgrade together.

Took me about 40 minutes with no adverse affects so far.

Improvements from 2.4 to 2.11 include: bigger fonts, fixed Sirius channels with voice, snappier response (still not Apple-fast but much better than before), better USB integration with iPhone (fixed issues with building index and album art), faster on/off of backup camera.

Hopefully with the at-home updates we can now get more frequent, incremental updates. I think we may be mostly happy once we get to v3.0! rolleyes.gif

One note I thought was interesting - on the Mac it requires Google Chrome for browser integration. No other browser (including Firefox) is supported. Guess MS isn't running the show on these!