Sync my ride MFT upgrade avaliable?

^ I can't get their piece of crap web site to load the update on my Mac at all. I'm in Chrome, which they say is the only supported browser, but it hangs after I click "Let's get started". It has worked before, but now it doesn't. Great work as usual, Ford.

I believe it requires an ActiveX client to install which is only available on Internet Explorer on Windows.....I have tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome on Windows and none of them worked.

Does anyone know if you can drive the car during the update? Besides the fact I don't want the car idling for 45 minutes my state has laws about idling your car and with some of my neighbors this could be an issue. I would rather not take the chance I will be forced to shut it off mid update.

Yes, you can drive while applying the 2.11 update. You just won't have access to any of the MFT functions. I did notice the radio kept playing during the installation.

Edited by ciggy

Just finished the update. Took I'd say about 45 minutes at least to finish.

I've noticed some nice differences so far. Seems that the Nav System is much more responsive for one (just for that I'd say it's a success), and I've noticed a new sound option that I've not fiddled with just yet (something to do with volume to compensate for road noise if I'm reading it correctly). I'm sure there are a lot of other changes that I'll learn about as I dig in further.

Under which menu is this new sound option? I have terrible issues with road noise coming through the hands-free on the other side.

Under which menu is this new sound option? I have terrible issues with road noise coming through the hands-free on the other side.

I think they are referring to the sound menu (press the word sound on the center stack) and then scroll down, and there's a option for Speed compensated volume, 1-7 or something like that. As far as I know it just raises the volume of the radio when you reach highway speeds so you don't need to manually raise it due to wind/road noise. As far as I know it's always been there, i.e. not new to the 2.11 update.. I had it when I was still on 1.8 when I got my car.

M.

Page 47 of my owner's manual shows the speed compensated audio feature that I've been using since day 1...

Audio settings

To make adjustments to the sound settings, press MENU > Audio

Settings to access:

• Spd. Comp. Vol.: Scroll to select Speed Compensated Volume and

press OK to enter the menu. This feature automatically adjusts the

system’s volume to compensate for speed and wind noise. You can set

the system between off and +7. Press OK to confirm and close.

Great, I'll upgrade mine during a quick trip to Maine. I can keep myself assumed by my lousy singing or Bert and I jokes.

Since the 2.11 install, I've noticed a delay before the headlights come on. I saw this issue several months ago v 1.xx Could the auto headlights be waiting for MFT to start up?? I don't know but I have my suspisions.

that said...

Is your trip to Maine during the day light hours? I would hate to have the lights go out during one of many reboot sequences.

Page 47 of my owner's manual shows the speed compensated audio feature that I've been using since day 1...

Audio settings

To make adjustments to the sound settings, press MENU > Audio

Settings to access:

• Spd. Comp. Vol.: Scroll to select Speed Compensated Volume and

press OK to enter the menu. This feature automatically adjusts the

system’s volume to compensate for speed and wind noise. You can set

the system between off and +7. Press OK to confirm and close.

Guess I miss-understood a previous post. It sounded like there was a new option in 2.11. As you state, the speed compensated volume has been there since day 1.

Finally got 2.11 installed last night; had to dig up an older Mac with Snow Leopard still on it, Ford's data loader apparently won't work with Lion yet.

It freaked me out for a few minutes; after taking about 45 minutes to install, I went out to check on it again and found the MFT screen completely black. I power cycled the car (with the key)...nothing. So I pulled fuse 29...still nothing. I started the car, pulled fuse 29 again, popped it back in...and after about a minute, the screen came to life and started to boot up.

I played with it briefly, and the interface was DEFINITELY faster. While not as fast as it really should be, I was at least seeing some animation between screens, for example, rather than none at all. I haven't checked any other functions yet, as it's my wife's car I asked her to be on the lookout today.

I'm hoping 2.11 does a good job of patching things over until the rewrite comes out next year...we just got back from a 4,000 mile vacation trip out west, and in just 8 days we experienced 4 system crashes, at least a dozen instances of missing radio presets, and at least 5 times the radio locked up such that we *couldn't turn it off*, or, sometimes, even adjust the volume. Oh, and the clock is sometimes not right. I work on a team that builds software for a living, and it continually blows my mind that anything so shitty that can't even handle basic functions like volume and a clock correctly got out the door.

I had my dealer install 2.11 on August 23rd and do notice some differences with yours done today; mine looks like:

BT4T-14D546-AM

BT4T-14D546-AP

BT4T-14D546-FA

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F496-AS

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F497-AP

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AM

BT4T-14F603-AP

If you buy that higher letters in the alphabet mean more recent, then the dealer's install seems more up to date.

I just did mine last night and it's the same as your dealer install, minus 2 of your updates. Anyone have any idea as to what BT4T-14D546-FA and BT4T-14F496-AS are for? I had 2.8 already, so perhaps these didn't need to be updated. ???

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D546-AM

BT4T-14D546-AP

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F497-AP

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AM

BT4T-14F603-AP

I did have one scary part where about 3-4 min into it, I had the "usb device not compatible" error. It may have been due to resetting and not understanding the SD Nav card ?? I pressed OK and it continued on taking 43 min and all appeared fine after a few very long black screen reboots. I've even confirmed the USB key didn't have the missing updates, so syncmyride didn't give them to me.

It is noticeably faster. You can see it when watching the NAV. The redraws are much quicker, although sometimes out of sync. It may just be GPS signal issues. Driving at 80mph, it would sometimes jump backward a notch and then have to catch up.

One think I did notice that hasn't been fixed on mine is the 4" and 8" still have different radio station genre's. i.e. I listen to an Alternative rock station 97.7 that is "Rock" on the 8", but "Educational" on the 4". That can't be farther from the truth. If anything this station destroys brain cells. :rockon:

Can anyone else in Southern Ontario try this out and let me know if they have the same issue? I haven't heard anyone else report this one.

Cheers!

I installed 2.11 last night. The download took FOREVER but it could have just been my internet connection. As most have stated the update process took about 45 min. Like rogersmj I got a little freaked out when I went out to my car and the screen was black except a warning about battery shutoff. I started the car and it went through the "Scheduled Maintenance" portions.

One thing to note is that I went to run a vehicle health report and the screen froze with a grey box in the middle of the screen and had to shut the car off to reset it. This IS NOT encouraging...

I installed 2.11 last night. The download took FOREVER but it could have just been my internet connection. As most have stated the update process took about 45 min. Like rogersmj I got a little freaked out when I went out to my car and the screen was black except a warning about battery shutoff. I started the car and it went through the "Scheduled Maintenance" portions.

One thing to note is that I went to run a vehicle health report and the screen froze with a grey box in the middle of the screen and had to shut the car off to reset it. This IS NOT encouraging...

Actually reinstalled the update with the car running the entire time. I actually got the update successful but syncmyride hasn't update me from 2.4 yet or reported by vehicle health report so I won't know with 100% certainty if I am on 2.11

I have reported the successful install several times but I cannot get confirmation. Some of the files are confirmed install on the Snycmyride but some are not. I downloaded the status checker but when I put the thumbdrive in the car, the screen never indicated that and install was in progress although the light on the drive would flash slowley. I have sent an email to Ford about my problem.

I emailed them before with a question and they were quick to respond.

Glad to know that you can drive during the update. Idling for 45 minutes knocks heck out of the MPG.

The touchscreen does seem to be more responsive now.

Edited by 11Edge

I have reported the successful install several times but I cannot get confirmation. Some of the files are confirmed install on the Snycmyride but some are not. I downloaded the status checker but when I put the thumbdrive in the car, the screen never indicated that and install was in progress although the light on the drive would flash slowley. I have sent an email to Ford about my problem.

Glad to know that you can drive during the update. Idling for 45 minutes knocks heck out of the MPG.

After I reported my successful install of 2.11, the web site still showed 2.8. I waited for a couple of days and then logged into the site and it correctly showed the 2.11 update.. So I think it may take a while for the reported update to show up on the web site.

M.

Took my 2011 edge to the dealership this morning for an oil change and to upgrade Sync. The version I had was 2.4 and getting very unpredictable lately. The dealership had the vehicle for less than 3 hrs when they called and said it was ready to be picked up. Syncmyride.com is already showing the latest update.

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.11

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D546-AL

BT4T-14D546-AP

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F496-AS

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F497-AP

Have not had time to check things out yet. I will when I get off work, The service rep made a point to tell me that I could now do this myself. I told him that I knew that, but my current work schedule does not give me the time to mess with it. When I signed for the warranty work, I noticed that the dealership charged Ford $135.00 to do the upgrade per recall 'TK372'

Updated mine today, from 2.8. Took not quite 40 minutes. Here are problems I've experienced so far with 2.11:

Random audio selection or audio is "off" on staring car. I listen to Sirius almost exclusively. Sometimes when I start the Edge, it will be on the same channel, sometimes another channel that I don't even have set, and sometimes it will be on an AM channel and sometimes on an FM channel. Did not have this issue on 2.8.

Calendar starts at January, 2030. No calendars are available prior to January, 2030.

Thinks the current date is May 4, 2031, instead of September 18, 2011.

Time was set to correct time of day following the install. Six hours later, the clock was ahead by 1 hour. Reset to correct time. "Time will tell."

Try disconnecting your battery for 10 minutes. Had the same calendar and clock problems and this cured the problem for me. This was on the owner to owner site awhile back and I tried it and it worked. you will need to be in a location with a clear view of the sky. May have to re-sync phone.

Got a reply from Ford the same day I posted my situation. They said that their data base shows V2.11 loaded on my car and to disregard the comfirmation error. :yahoo:

Edited by 11Edge

yep honeymoon over.

Time doesn't read out at all on the right instrument gauge cluster - just blank

although when starting it flashes brief then goes to hash marks

now always starts with Audio off - but if you hit the on button it doesnt go on

you actually have to touch the the audio section or switch the channel its currently on..

pull the fuse?

• Like 1

Try disconnecting your battery for 10 minutes. Had the same calendar and clock problems and this cured the problem for me. This was on the owner to owner site awhile back and I tried it and it worked. you will need to be in a location with a clear view of the sky. May have to re-sync phone.

Thanks. That's what I did and it did work. Yes, did have to re-sync phone.

Performed my update on the way back from Maine. Installation process took at 27 minutes to install all the necessary files and almost 15 minutes of silence while the system ran the upgrade. Once the system came online I tried a few functions like pairing the phone, going thru Nav, etc, but found no Nav maps. Shut the car off and restarted; Nav cam back.

I noticed a big bonus; I still have my Nav Favorites and saved radio stations. :dogwalk: II tried switiching between Nav maps and Weather maps using voice commands finding the maps appear to pop onto the screen. So, I believe I see a speed improvement or it's my imagination.