Things you would like to see added/changed to your Edge

Scorpio

By that, I mean from the factory. And I don't mean "fix MFT" or rants to that effect on stuff that is already there that "don't work" for you. But rather new "stuff", additions that would you would like to see Ford offer either standard, or optionally?

Myself, it's a short list, only make apparent now after a couple months of daily driven usage:

1. Heated steering wheel to match those heated seats; winters are cold in Canada!

2. A proper left foot dead pedal; after a couple long road trips now that side of the footwell just doesn't fit right for me somehow LOL.

3. Return to real fog lights - those LED light bars may look cool, but I'd prefer some real fog lights for our foggy/snowy climate.

4. Just stretching it here but a Heads up display ala M.Benz with low vis camera to enhance forward visibilty, again in poor weather - but hey since Ford seems to want to be on the cutting Edge (pardon the pun :) ) with automotive electronic gizmo's....

That's it for me, I'm one of those rare (?) owners with no real complaints with the car as is - very very happy with it and pleasantly surprised with the entire ownership experience so far.

• Like 1

Do you not have the sunglass-holder-thingie in the overhead console?

I am sure she does but if she is like my wife the sunglasses are rather large and have extra stuff on them that make them less than practical. But oh how she loves her Bvlgari with Swarovski crystals.

• Like 1

Yeah, my wife insists on the gaudy ostentatious ones, too. Mine are just simple metal Oakleys.

On that note, am I the only one that gets pissed when my passengers (her) flip down the sun visors? It's partially that I'm just anal about symmetry, but I'm also 6'4". It blocks half of my damn view! I mentioned this, and she got mad at me for "wanting" sun in her eyes. I pointed out that uncomfortable eyes were preferable to a detached head, and that maybe she should actually wear the sunglasses on her eyes and not just use them as a hair accessory. Yeah, in retrospect, I should've just wrecked.

• Like 2

Yeah, my wife insists on the gaudy ostentatious ones, too. Mine are just simple metal Oakleys.

On that note, am I the only one that gets pissed when my passengers (her) flip down the sun visors? It's partially that I'm just anal about symmetry, but I'm also 6'4". It blocks half of my damn view! I mentioned this, and she got mad at me for "wanting" sun in her eyes. I pointed out that uncomfortable eyes were preferable to a detached head, and that maybe she should actually wear the sunglasses on her eyes and not just use them as a hair accessory. Yeah, in retrospect, I should've just wrecked.

As I get older I am starting to see having three older sisters was a blessing...now I know what I think doesn't matter and even if logic and reason is on your side there is no reason to mention it...becuase I just don't get it. :P

By the way I have metal frame Oakleys too, simple and effective.

I'd settle for a 3.5L Ecoboost...and something to pump sub-freezing air through the intake all the time (I've noticed some extra pep in the throttle the last few <32*F mornings...and I like it...)

You could move further north and have a built in one? I think I am to cold to notice extra pep though.

This is an easy one.

1. Vented seats with improved / stronger frames.

2. Headlight on indicator in the dash.

3.Real door pulls (the ones you can put your fingers in) like the previous generation Edge.

4.Glove box light.

5. Someplace to put anything that is convenient and not behind the dash. No storage areas for little things.

6.Body side moldings.

7. Turn signal mirrors to retrofit for 2011 models.

8.Self dimming outside mirrors (both sides).

Yep - that's pretty much it.

Lots of good items on the list. My want and wish; a real roof rack which works with the BAMR. I carry kayaks and others transport roof boxes with BAMR roofs. Yes, you can add aftermarket racks (I did), but you don't get the spread between the crossbars like a true roof rack system. I want my 18feet of fiberglass stabile on the roof.

SVT Edge (FWD or AWD)

- Edge Sport

- 450-500 hp Ecoboost 3.5 L V6 (Enough to give a GC SRT8 pause about trying to tango with it)

- Steering from a Mustang GT

- Upgraded and Tuned Suspension including Strut Tower Brace, Subframe Bracing, and larger diameter sway bars

- 6 pot Brembo, Baer, or Wilwood brakes

- Remove speed limiter (Sports already come with W rated tires as it is)

Besides that:

- Fix the A/C System so that it blows stronger. My wife and I test drove a 2011 Sport and found it had the same A/C issue as our 2008 and the glovebox trick worked on it as well.

- I agree with the Roof Rack. We love the roof rack on our '08

- Make the HIDs a separate option w/o a package that has other things I may not want

- Make Foglights an option

• 2 weeks later...

Some things that I didn't see mentioned:

1) Some padding where you rest your right knee while driving.

2) Lights on the inside of the doors when they're opened so cars coming from your rear can see that the door is open.

3)I wish that the regular radio displayed the song information that is being broadcasted by the station.