MyFord Touch version 3.6

I just tried this and it appears to me that it still uses Sync Services. Please let me know if it I'm wrong on this. I'm basing it on the help within the app.

If it does use Sync Service, I'm not sure why you would pay $4 for an app that does what Sync Destinations does already. This is how I get most of my addresses into the system. Only painful part is having to do one at a time with I am programming in waypoints.

good point I am now confused. Am I on to something or does this app almost dup people into getting when as a Ford/Lincoln owner we already have a free app. Too late tonight- I'll need to rethink tomorrow,. The purpose is I like sending destinations to vehicle- via mobile app or from MapQuest. Is there away to still accomplish when sync services subscription expires- IE I will not pay $199 as a Lincoln owner to renew- That is just insane price in my opinion

I don't think you're getting it. To use the app, you STILL have to keep sync services (not Sirius). That is a $4 one-time charge on top of the cost of Sync (after the 3 year period). Sync destinations does the same thing for free.

So, my question is, why pay $4 plus sync services or $0 plus sync services.

Sorry, totally missed that. I thought this was separate from sync services. In that case I guess the only difference is it's more convenient to use your phone if you're out and about.

Sorry, totally missed that. I thought this was separate from sync services. In that case I guess the only difference is it's more convenient to use your phone if you're out and about.

bce Thanks for keeping me sane! Good catch. Sometimes when you want something to work you may overlook the obvious. Opps. Proves the help a forum can be to get others to review as well before you jump in the deep end. Yes- need to call "services" to get the destination to car built in nav. Darn.

I guess app offers Additional options if you do not want to use the "map" feature of Ford's destinations mobile app or Lincoln mobile app. You can use google maps on phone or the apple map on phone & then send that to sync services. Maybe that convenience is worth the $4 to open up the additionally options.

But alas....I agree.... The "Sync Services" "send to sync" is a feature I do like & use but not worth $199. And Ford is only packaging it as a $199 option to Lincoln owners. We have no ability of "a la cart" pricing. There are no levels of service- all or nothing.

The operator assist- When they fail to find what you are looking for & state they CAN NOT use a simple google search- seems to be more like a listing lookup of "pd" merchants in those cases. So I would then have to pull to side of road & do a simple google search myself-so why pay for their services ?

Oh well if anyone finds a better way to accomplish the destinations ...I am ears...Thanks all

The one addition I have noticed from 3.5.1 to 3.6.2 is that, previously, if I had the A/C on recirculate and shut off the car, the next time I started the car my temps were remembered but I always had to turn recirculation back on.

Now with the new update, it retains the recirculation setting and is applied when I restart the car. You know, just those little things that make you happy...

What $199 charge are you referring to from Ford/Lincoln for sync services?

Sync services is $60 for Ford vehicles but $199 for Lincoln. I just did an online chat to confirm. I asked about a la cart prices & was told NO

Please wait for a SYNC Agent to respond.

Mia says:

Hello. My name is Mia how can I help you?

Customer says:

Sync Services- How much is it for a Lincoln owner?

Mia says:

The cost is $199.

Customer says:

Is there any option to go al la cart?

Mia says:

Sorry no there isn't.

Customer says:

The service was free for 3 years & was to be $60. Ford owners are $60

Mia says:

Yes the service is $ 60 for the ford vehicles equipped with MyFordTouch.

Customer says:

Will the mobile apps -either ford destinations or Lincoln mobile still work when the 3 yr. complimentary subscription ends?

Mia says:

No, you need an active subsciption to use SYNC destinations

Customer says:

How do I register a complaint about the $199 price for me when everyone else is $60. This is unfair

Mia says:

You can send your feedback to us:

Ford Motor Company

Regent Court Building/ Mail Drop 5S1

ATTN: Name

16800 Executive Plaza Drive

Dearborn, MI 48126-4207

Has anyone else noticed the loss of the ability to use lower case text? This is a problem for passwords which require upper and lower case alpha numeric characters in wifi passwords this along with the 10 character limit is a no go.

The ability to use upper and lower case text when creating favorite destinations within the nav system is a fail. Why delete the ability to use mixed case and force the use of all caps? This whole MFT system has been a cluster from day one when we purchased our 2012 Edge the MFT system locked up when the salesman was showing us how the nav system worked. That was a bad omen that has only grown worse with each update they take away parts of the program only to add them back later and remove something else. My opinion is the MFT system does not have enough internal memory and processor power to work properly and only has the bare minimum hardware.

So I finally just got my first text message notification! I was driving this morning and it popped up on the screen. Even let me listen to it spoken aloud.

I don't know if has been there before and playing with settings activated or if it just now works with 3.6.2.

Note: Using an iPhone 4S (yeah, I know) with iOS 6.1.2.

Edited by candurin

So I finally just got my first text message notification! I was driving this morning and it popped up on the screen. Even let me listen to it spoken aloud.

I don't know if has been there before and playing with settings activated or if it just now works with 3.6.2.

Note: Using an iPhone 4S (yeah, I know) with iOS 6.1.2.

Glad you got it to work. I just Received an incoming text message on way in to work from wife. Got the "voice name" announce ( broken 3.5-fixed in 3.6), listened to it, pressed the bottom button on iPhone to activate Siri and said "reply to text".. Composed it & Siri read it back & asked should I send & I said yes. All with eyes on road & hands on wheel. Maybe MFT will let you reply but in mean time...alt solution works.
Edited by drpepper

One nice improvement I've noticed is you can now have two phones connected to the system at the same time (one for the regular pairing and the other bluetooth audio streaming). For example, my wife's phone can be connected to MFT as normal, and when I go to entertainment and select bluetooth streaming, MFT asks me which phone. I can choose my phone to stream bluetooth while keeping my wife's phone connected as well. Very nice!

• Like 1

I thought that was done through Sirius. At least you get the app and unlimited operator assist for the extra $140.

Oh how true.....Ha Ha... The Ford destination app works -just like linc app Thank you. Oh wait... On Lincoln app- it has a parking meter reminder & a vehicle finder - wooooo. And the UTIILAZIATION rate for those operator assists ----what 1% use & they charge $199 for all.... What a nice gimmick!!!

Jackalope 'lower case text .... along with the 10 character limit"

Yep .. that was one of the first things I checked - sort of to answer another poster's question about WiFi in the edge. They've really screwed the pooch on that one. Went from, won't work due to kybd freaking out to we'll limit you to upper case and ONLY 10 characters. .. fail.

I think that they [Ford] have a nut loose behind the keyboard that suffers from ID10 T errors ! :banghead:

.. oh and confirmed ... add me to the list. Clock DST setting is forked on mine now !

Edited by Tacyon

According to SMY, my 3.6 was done successfully. Couldn't tell much difference for way I use the system. Temp moved to center screen beside time. Or was that done with 3.5 and I just now noticed. Recirculate does not stay on for me when restarting engine (as reported above). Still have phone connecting problem, if two phones paired....even did a master reset and hard reboot of my phone. If one paired, either one, no problem. Connects fast. Just won't switch phone connections when drivers switch (only one person in car). Doesn't seem to matter which is designated favorite. And connection manually is either slow, or won't do it. I give up. Just deleted my phone from list. Don't really think we should be talking and driving anyway. But wife thinks driving time is calling time ....multi tasking she calls it. Us Ford product owners (and shareholders) are doing the heavy lifting for this new in-car technology.

Edited by RJG

This update has not lived up to its promise. I'm still having occasions where my phone doesn't automatically pair and then when I notice it, I try to manually pair to no avail.

The "text to speech" alert is fixed, but I still don't always get alerted by MFT when my phone receives a text. When I do get alerted, the text to speech does kick in just fine, but I don't always get alerted.

With every "swing & a miss" that Ford makes at stabilizing MFT, my hope diminishes of AppLink ever actually happening. Sad.

Peace,

DM

For those having problems with recerculating air setting sticking through a restart of the engine, turn off the a/c and then press the recirculate button (effectively turning on the a/c using the recirculate button). If the a/c then remains on until the engine is turned off, the recirculate function will automatically be on when you restart the engine.

Exactly. It's not worth the effort to make it fully automated when the workaround is for the user to hit a button twice a year.

Not sure I agree with that. It is a very simple database or xml file that could be included as a look up. If it syncs with GPS, then a simple location lookup, that includes the date that DST updates then track it. I could program this in 5 min. Yes, its more complicated than having it auto change on a set date, but laces are more complicated then velcro, but still are not complicated. Yes, its not difficult to press the button to fix it, but my point is, you can tell the MFT "I'm Hungry" and it lists out restaurants that are close to you, but still can't figure out how to set the clock right based on where you live.

Its these fine details that make a good product great. If it was missing advanced features, its easier to understand. Basic ones make it easy to pick at.

From 1.8 to 3.6, my 4" vs main screen radio station genre still don't match. My local nasty talk rock station still has "Educational". Sure, it teaches my kids what a "Dirty Sanchez" is but its not "Educational". The main screen has" Rock".

Yes its 100x better then my original 1.8, but common!! With the versions this has gone through you'd think it would have a teleport button by now.

Where's our browser that was promissed before launch in 2010, which Flash and Silverlight features, bla bla....

http://www.dailytech.com/Updated+SYNCSuccessor+MyFord+Touch+Announced+Gets+Browser+Texting/article17329.htm

I don't know who was talking about the WiFi feature, but again. It was a promissed option they never added...we'll I guess they have it, but it doesn't do anything. I was hopeful you'd eventually be able to do wireless updates.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we get updates, in most cases, each release does get better and I'd be more then happy with it if Ford hadn't told us we'd get more. My CFO has a great saying that fits this. A 30% discount is fantastic, but if you're pomissed a 50% discount and only get 30%, then you'll never be happy.

Normally I'm a supporter...just grumpy today and need the space to rant!

Cheers!