What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

3 hours ago, Jombi said:

Does one need to revert custom tunes to stock before doing these Forscan changes?  I don't know if I have the wrong version of Forscan or not (I've tried the three latest betas) but I get an error to the effect of "Can't change config". 

However, on a hunch, I reverted my LMS tune back to stock, and attempted the exact same changes, and Forscan changed them fine.  The changes did indeed work, even after re-applying the tune.  So I'm just wondering if this is a known thing--that you revert to stock before messing with Forscan, or if I am doing something wrong.

I also have the LMS tune and ForScan works fine, with the LMS & with stock. No difference. Using regular build of ForScan, no special version required.

However, I noticed that @Nick Halstead & I both have Sports, you have an ST. So maybe LMS's tune is setup differently on the ST. Note that with some Tuners/Ford models, ForScan connection would not work automatically, a message similar to "unable to connect to vehicle ------ if PCM has a custom tune installed please enter the strategy/calibration name or part number of factory PCM" would appear. I guess you did not get such a message since you were able to read data, only the write process did not work. If you want to try something, when connecting ForScan while Tuned, don't load the saved Profile, let ForScan re-read all modules again while the Tune is applied and see if it then works.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, omar302 said:

I also have the LMS tune and ForScan works fine, with the LMS & with stock. No difference. Using regular build of ForScan, no special version required.

However, I noticed that @Nick Halstead & I both have Sports, you have an ST. So maybe LMS's tune is setup differently on the ST. Note that with some Tuners/Ford models, ForScan connection would not work automatically, a message similar to "unable to connect to vehicle ------ if PCM has a custom tune installed please enter the strategy/calibration name or part number of factory PCM" would appear. I guess you did not get such a message since you were able to read data, only the write process did not work. If you want to try something, when connecting ForScan while Tuned, don't load the saved Profile, let ForScan re-read all modules again while the Tune is applied and see if it then works.

I tried last night and got it to work rip or some items with the tune installed, and I think it was a combination of a couple of things.  First I let it load the live profile instead of re-loading my last saved profile (I save the profile each time with comments on what I change), so that I think helped, thank you for that.

Second, on some of the modules, I’d get a “battery voltage low” warning, when going into the programming mode for that module—not all modules though.  It was in those modules I’d get the error when writing a change, which was “service procedure interrupted”.  I think that when I’d reinstated the stock tune, I’d drive the car a bit, which charged the battery, then when I went to programming mode subsequently, I would not get the battery low warning and those module changes then succeeded.  

I had a charger and hooked it up when I first got the low battery warning but somehow even after 20 min charging, and testing voltage with a multimeter, FORScan always seemed to display the low voltage warning for those select modules even though I know there was plenty of charge.  This may be a bug in FORScan.

• 3 weeks later...

So far I have installed weathertech inchannel rain guards ,and black grill insert on my stone grey 2019 SEL looking to change wheels have factory 5 spoke alloy wheels now,I would like to use my new michilns that came with car,any suggestions?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Engr146
Finally was able to add pic!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, soUNTOUCHABLE said:

Looks good! I'm prepping to do a chrome delete, inside and out. Mostly matte black vinyl, but gonna throw some of that blue in strategic places as well. Mines the same color, is that vvivid vinyl? What color is that? It looks like it matches lighting blue metallic pretty well. 

I think that's pretty cool, there's too much chrome on this car for my taste.  The color is Deep Blue Metallic and I got mine off of Amazon, but Vivid Vinyl does sell it too. I think the part number for it is 1080 G217? It is super close to the factory color, but off by just enough that you couldn't use it for exterior trim. I was hoping to use the blue on the front grill but it was obvious that the colors didn't match. 

Gotchya, I think 1080 is 3m. Vvivid has a blue that looks close, but I havent ordered it yet to try it out. Of course their sample books are always sold out. 

Anyways, nicely done!

Btw,if you're looking for head/tail light tint. Vvivid is supposed to be the best. I've got some sitting in my garage, haven't had good enough weather to try it out yet. 

• 1 month later...

Havent updated the forums in a while, a lot of the same people are in the facebook group. But here goes.

List of mods:

Physical
Swapped puddle lights for blue LEDs
Swapped turn signals for switchback LEDs
Changed license plate lights to LEDs
Grill swap
Wrap headlights in hex pattern tint
Blackout side window trim
Blackout gray/silver bumper pieces
Black out silver door handle trim
Door edge protectors
Tinted front windows
Weathertech in-channel window deflectors
Underhood LED lighting
Ford door jam plates

Forscan
Secure idle (police mode) already enabled from factory
Double honk disabled
Door ajar chime disabled
Update Sync3 theme to GT Performance theme (with GT Performance splash screen)
Added heated/cooled seat buttons to screen
Changed door ajar light
Set fog lights to stay on when high beams are on (Bambi mode)
Changed turn signal tap from 3 to 6

In Progress
Wrap taillights in hex pattern tint
Blackout rims (next)
Exhaust tips (blacked out or body color, haven't decided yet)
Wheel well lighting (subtle, dont worry it'll look good)
Grill backlighting
Wireless 4 channel control module (for all the lighting)

Planned
Custom sequential tails (brake and turns)
Custom sequential signal/DRLs (front)
Angel and Demon Eyes (eventually)
Lowering kit
Hood deflector (when i find one i really like)

Trying to link or embed a clip of my switchbacks working. May take a couple tries tho.

20200414_141457.jpg

94147767_10107620827582360_510487035274854400_n.jpg

Edited by soUNTOUCHABLE
Trying to get switchback clip to work
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, omar302 said:

Where you able to remove the old ones without taking the wheels off? If so how?

Yes, I’ve never removed a wheel to get these off.  A small flat head wedged in will pop them right out on most cars. 

Edited by Lunar_ST
  • Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 4:20 PM, dajo2012 said:

Something you can actually see without being eight feet tall or in an airplane.  LOL

Hahaha very true. That’s why it was a “subtle mod”....no one can see it, just wanted to bring some red element to the roof. We also live in a very hilly area where roof of vehicles are easily seen by other vehicles, and my wife works downtown where hi-rise buildings look down on vehicles all day. 

Edited by Lunar_ST

Ordered new B&I 18 PC. Real carbon fiber dash kit today for my 2019 SEL was $65 additional for said real CF from Carid,did a lot of research and buying individual pieces was way more expensive and color and patterns would defiantly be different.anyone have insight/tips on install

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 5:08 PM, Gadgetjq said:

Added a battery charger quick connect.  It eliminates alligator clips, sparks and other nuisances associated with bringing your Edge battery up to a full charge.  Full details here:

I like this idea, may do this myself too. Ive drained my battery twice in the last couple months just from working on different things and lights being left on. Definitely easier than jumping it all the time!

• Like 1