What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

1 hour ago, Xtra said:

It all started in early August when the the car lost boost. And then the dominos started to fall.  ... Bought a brand new FMIC $$  from Ultimate Performance and had it installed at Galpin Auto Sports $$. When working on the IC the tech noticed that the brake pads were shot... So new front and rear pads were ordered from Rotora $$ and installed today $$. Got lucky as the discs still have life in them, but all 4 will need replacing next time pads are needed.  When the tires came off to install the brake pads, we discovered all 4 tires were completely shot and unsafe.  So... 4 new tires were ordered today $$ to be installed tomorrow $$. Also did an oil & filter change at 2,500 miles $$.  The car required all this maintenance and I defiantly used up every bit of life in the parts before any damage was done.   August was full of surprises and very expensive, but now my car is is in tip top shape. :)

The uneven wear is caused by the track alignment settings I use. It makes the car stick like glue and turn in great at the cost of tire life.   Lots of people get 40K out of just one set of tires this is my 5th or 6th set in 40K and my third set of brake pads.  The price of living just one block off Mulholland :shift:

You can see the Bilstein shock and the H&R spring that transformed the suspension for the better.  The tires were dangerous to drive on and the damage could not be seen by just walking around the car. 

IMG_0723.JPG

You living on the EDGE! No pun intended!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, lildisco said:

Found a newer local gas station that sells Ethanol free gas & it's not much more expensive than premium. 

20220905_124022.jpg

WOW! I am so jealous. The best we can get here in Calif is 91 and it sure ain't $3.69 a gallon. 

This is a gas station in DTLA  one week ago,  it does cost less where I get my fuel at the local Costco . 

GAS DT LA 07:2022.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, lildisco said:

I like how there's not much difference between grades, but you can keep those prices on the west coast. I'd park the car before I paid that much. 

Thats what I said I would do if gas ever hit $5 a gal. Now I would be happy to pay that. We get ripped off here big time. They are trying to force us into EVs. and they just put on a flex alert because it is so hot the grid might go down.  No charging of EVs during the flax alert at certain hours . This state is crazy. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheWall0211 said:

Why are these boards so dead? The other car club boards I participate in are jumping - and here I can’t get answers to any questions at all….so strange.

not dead, but not much new happening with the platform except maybe mods on the ST. the edge is officially out of production, so i am sure that weighs it down a bit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

not dead, but not much new happening with the platform except maybe mods on the ST. the edge is officially out of production, so i am sure that weighs it down a bit.

What? I’m on a Model T board and a Corvair board.   Both are out of production.  Neither has had a new innovation in decades.  Yet both boards are hopping.  If I post anything about anything, I’ll have 15 responses in 24h.  

I’m a new Edge owner.  I have a lot of questions.  I can’t even get basic questions answered.

Edited by TheWall0211
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheWall0211 said:

What? I’m on a Model T board and a Corvair board.   Both are out of production.  Neither has had a new innovation in decades.  Yet both boards are hopping.  If I post anything about anything, I’ll have 15 responses in 24h.  

I’m a new Edge owner.  I have a lot of questions.  I can’t even get basic questions answered.

I usually try to be helpful. Sorry if I missed your questions. I'll look under your recent posts when I get home

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheWall0211 said:

I'm not trying to be argumentative (since i've been known as a bit of a prick) but I looked at your posts and saw several responses  on them..

Its not very 'traffic heavy' here lately, that is quite true, but if you search you will find many questions have been asked and answered already.

Sorry I am unable to add anything to the questions you asked

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I'm not trying to be argumentative (since i've been known as a bit of a prick) but I looked at your posts and saw several responses  on them..

Its not very 'traffic heavy' here lately, that is quite true, but if you search you will find many questions have been asked and answered already.

Sorry I am unable to add anything to the questions you asked

I’m not criticizing anyone, to be clear.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 6:57 AM, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

the edge is officially out of production, so i am sure that weighs it down a bit.

Not quite yet. The order banks for the 2023 Edge, opened up in July. Think akirby posted the Job One date.

Starting with the 2024 model year, you'll have to buy one labeled "made in China". 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 8:28 PM, Nick Halstead said:

I drove it for the first time in months to Charlotte. Front suspension is shot. Time for BC coilovers.

I came across adjustable coilovers that were designed and engineered for our edges......Preliminary research yields good reviews across a few different makes! Give her some E85 and point her in this direction:

Scale Coilovers 2015+ Ford Edge

Edited by onyxbfly
  • Like 2

On 9/1/2022 at 5:14 PM, enigma-2 said:

?

Ever think you'd be happy about paying over $500 for a rear view mirror?  ?

Compared to the $700+ that the dealer was going to charge for the new mirror, I'll take it.

BTW, I did get the swap taken care of easily.  Even the mirror cap.

Aside from that, I just put gas in it yesterday to the tune of $88.50 (Gas in AZ is VERY high these days).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Perblue said:

Installed the third battery in 3.5 years. 1st came with it (lasted 2 years), 2nd was warranty replacement (lasted 1.5 years), let's see how long this 3rd one lasts (hopefully longer than 2 ford ones).

I was having the same problem with the battery in my 2016 Sport an H6 size. I guess that Ford put a small battery in the Sport and the ST to save weight and improve the handling. I got tired new batteries ever year or two and upgraded to an H7 size. It is the next step up in battery size for out cars. One I put in a H7 size sealed Gel Battery I have had no problems. I understand that the luxury versions have an even bigger H8, but that is overkill for for the Sport and ST as it adds unnecessary weight up high that can effect the handling to a degree. The H6-7and 8 all fit in the battery tray. I would suggest moving up to the H7 battery and that should fix your problem with short life batteries. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

Ever check your charging voltage? I'd begin to suspect a loose or corroded connection somewhere in the charging system. (Grounds have been notorious for low charge rates).

Yup, voltage tests good from the alternator and at the battery while running, vehicle gets driven typically daily. This is a thing, on forums and facebook groups there are very few who have a 2019 that aren't on to their second battery or so.

• Like 1

My 2020 SEL AWD bought in October 2020 is on it OEM battery. I occasionally throw it on a battery tender from time to time. It's currently ~16,000 miles & sits a lot. I noticed the last few days on drives ~30 - 40 minutes the auto start/stop wouldn't work. In the menu it said that it wasn't working because of system charging. I hooked up my battery tender the other night & let it charge for a few hours & the tender was saying it was @ 75 - 100, which isn't unheard of. Had to take the cat to the vet (regular check up) & disconnected the tender (which was in trickle/maintaine mode) & my auto start/stop was working fine.

I guess it helps to charge the battery up from time to time. I don't do it constantly & I know the car adjusts it's charging during due to the battery age & etc., but I'm wondering if it's more of a programming issue to replace the battery sooner rather than later, who knows? Wonder if I should reset the battery monitor & see if the auto/start stays functioning without a top up. 

Edited by lildisco
  • Like 1