2015 Edge Shipping?

They had a 2015 sport at the Chicago auto show. Unfortunately it was all locked up.

I saw the same one at the LA auto show in Nov. 2014. It was roped off, they wouldn't let you get close to check out the interior.

But, I was able to do a ride along test drive with the Ford guy demonstrating the parking assist feature.

Nice, but I would not pay extra for it. I liked the 180 view camera through .

Ok so I am getting very "antsy" at this point...so I went online to see if by chance I could at least see my window sticker as my edge was built the last week of January. So here is a website that I found that showed me my "actual" window sticker. I know it is the "actual" one because it even has my wife's name and "tag" number that she gets from ford. All of our vehicles are "made to order" wi her name actually on the window sticker.

Ā 

Here is the web site for anyone who may already have a VIN Numbet. I know it doesn't help the feeling of helplessness while waiting for our new sleds, but maybe you can print it off and sleep with it under your pillow

Ā 

Researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-lookup/window sticker/Ford.html

Ā 

I hope this helps.

Ā 

As of now, I have had NO UPDATE at all regarding OK to Ship or transportation of my vehicle from Oakville. Once I do I will post the info.

Ā 

Hang in there guys, summer is coming and you will look good in your new edge hopefully before we start to take those leaves

• Like 1

I hate it when they lock up cars at the auto show! Half the fun is sitting inside! I'm glad they have an example with the standard wheels though. Most of the pre-production models photographed and on youtube have upgraded wheels.

Ā 

I've worked auto shows and we've had interiors ripped, parts stolen cars scratched. I hate when they are roped off, but I totally get it. I personally caught four people trying to steal engine caps one year. Enough sets were stolen that we had to close the hoods because we were down to our last set :(

Ā 

Read all of the previous posts and you'll understand why nobody (not even Ford) can give you a specific ETA. Could start shipping tomorrow or a month from now. You don't want one that's built before the ok to buy is given.

Ā 

Every new model year, delays in the first builds are delayed. Better to make certain everything is 100% than ship 'em out like they did years ago.

Ā 

I've worked auto shows and we've had interiors ripped, parts stolen cars scratched. I hate when they are roped off, but I totally get it. I personally caught four people trying to steal engine caps one year. Enough sets were stolen that we had to close the hoods because we were down to our last set :(

Ā 

Ā 

Every new model year, delays in the first builds are delayed. Better to make certain everything is 100% than ship 'em out like they did years ago.

Or you could go in the opposite direction and leave the keys to the vehicle unlocked in the armrest storage like I found International did several years back. Can you imagine driving around an International Truck around the auto show?

I've received my VIN for my stock Sport. It doesn't have an ETA yet though. For those interested... http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=2FMTK4AP8FBB15376

Nice color choice, electric spice

I also want that color with 21' black wheels and heated steering wheel. Hopefully in couple months I will order.

I am hoping this electric spice color isn't too yellow and bright. I sort of got the "you ordered a yellow car" look from the wife. We'll see. The dealer said if I didn't like it, he would order me another one in another color. I am also not too concerned about the heated steering wheel (although I am sure I would love it if I had it). I mean I live in upstate/western NY where we get a sh*t ton of snow, but I've never had an issue with cold fingers.