Ford Edge Forum
enigma-2

What do HATE MOST about your Edge or MKX?

On 9/13/2018 at 10:40 AM, erikrichard said:

I used paint remover to remove the blue from mine recently and i think it looks much better even if the paint hadn't been peeling. That emblem is far too big and the blue just draws more attention to it.

Problem solved........

20180612_190937.jpg

Have both and edge sport and fusion sport.

-can’t get as comfortable in the Edge seats vs fusion (are they that different?)

-tip in bias (in drive too soft and in sport too aggressive)

-I wish these things had mag ride like my fusion

26 minutes ago, 01Cobra said:

Have both and edge sport and fusion sport.

-can’t get as comfortable in the Edge seats vs fusion (are they that different?)

-tip in bias (in drive too soft and in sport too aggressive)

-I wish these things had mag ride like my fusion

literally the same exact seats. 
I'm glad they don't have mag ride. Though I wish it had a real performance suspension altogether

I wish you could get the boost gauge to show on the right hand side of the display like the radio and phone.  I really see no need for either of them to be there since they are on the Sync Display unless you have the Nav screen up. So it would be nice to put that up there as an option.  Also would be nice if the approach lighting would activate when walking up like a Lincoln does. 

Turning radius in my 2019 Edge ST is terrible, especially compared to my 16 Explorer Platinum. Also, I think the horn sounds weak and not very aggressive... Too much of a chirp than a horn...

11 hours ago, JCrew7384 said:

Also, I think the horn sounds weak and not very aggressive.

Horns usually are made up of two pieces, low & hight tone. Ford stated skipping on one of two in recent models. If it bothers you can add the other one. 

8 hours ago, omar302 said:

Horns usually are made up of two pieces, low & hight tone. Ford stated skipping on one of two in recent models. If it bothers you can add the other one. 

Is that easy to do? Seems I have just the high tone toot. The horn in my Grand Cherokee and Explorer were much stronger and louder.

Just now, JCrew7384 said:

Is that easy to do? Seems I have just the high tone toot. The horn in my Grand Cherokee and Explorer were much stronger and louder.

Yup. Grab a Caddilac horn or an aftermarket low tone loud horn  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fingernip said:

Yup. Grab a Caddilac horn or an aftermarket low tone loud horn  

In terms of wiring and mounting? Does it replace what I currently have or it goes in parallel?

Mine's a 2018 Sport, still pretty new to me. Love it so far but missing the fog lights. Live in the mountains and cloud cover is pretty often. Haven't found a reasonably easy way to add any. Any new suggestions?

On 3/22/2019 at 9:27 AM, JCrew7384 said:

In terms of wiring and mounting? Does it replace what I currently have or it goes in parallel?

Not sure what year you have, but my 19 ST had the single tone horn.  I added a dual horn setup from a 2018 and it was an easy install.  In the 19 you only have to remove the headlight, not sure about other years.  It uses existing mount point and wiring. 

10 hours ago, txaggie said:

Not sure what year you have, but my 19 ST had the single tone horn.  I added a dual horn setup from a 2018 and it was an easy install.  In the 19 you only have to remove the headlight, not sure about other years.  It uses existing mount point and wiring. 

Can you expand on this? I have the 19 ST and I can't stand the horn. Where did you pickup an 18 horn from? And is it actually an easy install? I am not super handy, and even less handy when it comes to cars. :)

43 minutes ago, JCrew7384 said:

Can you expand on this? I have the 19 ST and I can't stand the horn. Where did you pickup an 18 horn from? And is it actually an easy install? I am not super handy, and even less handy when it comes to cars. :)

Everything you need to know is on this forum in the Accessories and Modifications section:

39 minutes ago, Gadgetjq said:

Everything you need to know is on this forum in the Accessories and Modifications section:

Thanks!

Gadgetjq beat me to it. But yeah everything you need is in that post!

Got my 16 sport a few days ago.  Came from a 13 Escape.  I love it but I never thought Ford could make a car with a worse turning radius than the Escape.  AAAND the Edge is worse. 

No factory fogs. 

No one touch close sunroof. 

No one touch on the rear windows. 

2 minutes ago, 16silversport said:

Got my 16 sport a few days ago.  Came from a 13 Escape.  I love it but I never thought Ford could make a car with a worse turning radius than the Escape.  AAAND the Edge is worse. 

No factory fogs. 

No one touch close sunroof. 

No one touch on the rear windows. 

TERRIBLE TURNING RADIUS in my 19 ST