Now that it's here - Trick or quirks you are finding

choff1138

Only 250 miles? I have done that since Friday night.... :)

Enjoy those mountains.

LOL

I have been out of town 2 of the weeks, and I have an old Honda Civic I use as my airport car, so the baby has sat at home pretty much except weekend errands. GLad you have had the opportunity put on the miles and we are all counting on you for the first reports on Winter driving

Edited by bpattie

LOL

I have been out of town 2 of the weeks, and I have an old Honda Civic I use as my airport car, so the baby has sat at home pretty much except weekend errands. GLad you have had the opportunity put on the miles and we are all counting on you for the first reports on Winter driving

36 and rain right now - might get to test slick roads tomorrow. YUCK! time to move to Hawaii so I can have my roof open all the time.

A few questions I've formulated...

•  
  • Can anyone tell me what "Quiet" remote start is? I can't tell the difference between on/off
  • Manual list "Remote Open" as a Window option. I don't see it in my Edge's menu though. Is this a MKX option? How does it work?
  • How do I permanently disable the beeping backup sensor? I turn it off but the next time I back up, it's on again.

A few questions I've formulated...

•  
  • Can anyone tell me what "Quiet" remote start is? I can't tell the difference between on/off
  • Manual list "Remote Open" as a Window option. I don't see it in my Edge's menu though. Is this a MKX option? How does it work?
  • How do I permanently disable the beeping backup sensor? I turn it off but the next time I back up, it's on again.

Quiet remote start I think just means that it turns your stereo off and only turns on some of the lights.

the other two... ? I don't know.

I found that plugging the USB update in before you start the car is a way to get MyTouch to reboot.

Also fuse 29 in the kick panel controls the sync.

The panel has a slide to right thing to unlock it.

I found that standing on your head helps to acess the fuses. I pulled #7 to reboot my power seats today

Wilson,

Did pulling #7 "fix" your power seat issue. If so I'll have to give it a try.

Yes! The seat is working like it should.

They sure made it hard to acess the fuses though.

OMG! :redcard: You weren't kidding. Those fuses are impossible to get at. After standing on my head with a flashlight I got the first cover and then the actual fuse cover off. But there was no way I could get the #7 fuse out. No matter how I turned and twisted I couldn't do it. :banghead:

OMG! :redcard: You weren't kidding. Those fuses are impossible to get at. After standing on my head with a flashlight I got the first cover and then the actual fuse cover off. But there was no way I could get the #7 fuse out. No matter how I turned and twisted I couldn't do it. :banghead:

Oh! There is a little tool snapped inside the inside cover. Use it like a pair of tweezers. Still not easy but it helps.

I found that plugging the USB update in before you start the car is a way to get MyTouch to reboot.

Also fuse 29 in the kick panel controls the sync.

The panel has a slide to right thing to unlock it.

I found that standing on your head helps to acess the fuses. I pulled #7 to reboot my power seats today

Thanks for the fuse information. I finally got MySync to download the software update. It was my fault, not knowing how, but finally figured it out. I don't think these are big problems, I still love this vehicle. It's not paying for a mechanic, just have to update software in the future. I just can't imagine what software will come in the future that will keep this system at the leading edge of auto electronics.

My ordeal is over happy%20feet.gif

Recap: took delivery on Tue 9/21; Nav SD card not recognized by system - suspect SD card bad; drove back to dealer Sat 9/25 (Ford would not send out new SD card before software updates & diagnostics performed; Tue 9/28 Ford finally relents to sending new SD card after all else fails; BluEdge driven back to me Wed 9/29 with no SD card.

The dealer received the replacement Nav SD card from Ford today and had it delivered to me. Got here by 10:15am. By 10:30am I was able to confirm Nav system working!

The moral of the story: go with your gut instincts. Had Ford sent a replacement initially, I would have saved time, aggravation, dealer time, dealer aggravation, me driving a piece-o'-crap loaner for 4 days, etc.

Hey guys

Driving my new 11 Limited and need advice on connecting my iPhone via USB. Seems everything else is unresponsive when the phone is plugged in. If I just wanted to charge the phone it won't let me access the radio. Also should I be able to view photos and such on the phone? I only have 1 or 2 songs on my iPhone because I don't use it as an iPod but I couldn't get to them either

Thanks

Hey guys

Driving my new 11 Limited and need advice on connecting my iPhone via USB. Seems everything else is unresponsive when the phone is plugged in. If I just wanted to charge the phone it won't let me access the radio. Also should I be able to view photos and such on the phone? I only have 1 or 2 songs on my iPhone because I don't use it as an iPod but I couldn't get to them either

Thanks

I have a iPhone4 on iOS4.1

I've paired the bluetooth and use it as a phone as well as stream audio via BlueTooth.

When I've plugged the iPhone into USB (in addition to the iPod I have plugged in) I was able to navigate from the MyTouch screen just like an iPod.

To view the pictures on it, I think you will need an RCA video adaptor. MyRouch needs to be able to browse the file system in order to upload th picture. I was able to get photos onto the MyTouch but I used a SD card to do that.

My MyTouch has acted up in the past. At one point, I couldn't see any USB devices.

Another time, the system became unresponsive. Those times I've been able to have the system reboot after I stopped, got out and walk around the car, get back in and restart the car. Another time I've pulled/replaced fuse 29 to get it to reboot.

Most of my issues are with BlueTooth streaming ...but I've been obsessed with the challenge of getting it to work.

Good luck!

I have a iPhone4 on iOS4.1

I've paired the bluetooth and use it as a phone as well as stream audio via BlueTooth.

When I've plugged the iPhone into USB (in addition to the iPod I have plugged in) I was able to navigate from the MyTouch screen just like an iPod.

To view the pictures on it, I think you will need an RCA video adaptor. MyRouch needs to be able to browse the file system in order to upload th picture. I was able to get photos onto the MyTouch but I used a SD card to do that.

My MyTouch has acted up in the past. At one point, I couldn't see any USB devices.

Another time, the system became unresponsive. Those times I've been able to have the system reboot after I stopped, got out and walk around the car, get back in and restart the car. Another time I've pulled/replaced fuse 29 to get it to reboot.

Most of my issues are with BlueTooth streaming ...but I've been obsessed with the challenge of getting it to work.

Good luck!

Thanks Wilson

I have had some issues with it not seeing the phone when I enter the car also. About 50% of the time. I go into the phone bluetooth setting and in a second I'm connected. I will try the RCA jacks or transfer my pics to an SD card. I won't screw up the Navigation by removing the card for it?

Thanks again

Thanks Wilson

I have had some issues with it not seeing the phone when I enter the car also. About 50% of the time. I go into the phone bluetooth setting and in a second I'm connected. I will try the RCA jacks or transfer my pics to an SD card. I won't screw up the Navigation by removing the card for it?

Thanks again

You won't mess up the Nav but it will let you know that it's not inserted.

A USB drive will work also.

Depending on whatt iPhone / software you are using, you may have differant results on the USB playback.

iPhone Bluetooth streaming has a lot of room for improvement

I set my wallpaper but I haven't found how to make it (or any other screen) be the default screen.

post-11078-055166000 1286219198_thumb.jpg

Question about the Ambient Lighting...

Is it supposed to be on while driving? I assumed so. Sitting in the car with the engine on at the dealer, we were checking things out. We set a color and raised the level to max. It was so sunny out we couldn't see anything; we figured I'd see it later. But later, I never saw it until I shut the engine off.

I thought the whole point was "Ambiance." :wub:

Not sure if this has been appropriately answered for you but, if you go to the ambient lighting color selection screen you'll notice a small power button in the bottom left corner. If you select that button it will toggle the ambient lighting on or off.

Not sure if this has been appropriately answered for you but, if you go to the ambient lighting color selection screen you'll notice a small power button in the bottom left corner. If you select that button it will toggle the ambient lighting on or off.

I hadn't noticed that - but your headlights also have to be on.

I hadn't noticed that - but your headlights also have to be on.

It has been answered plus in the picture at the lower left you can see it says off.

post-11078-055166000 1286219198_thumb.jpg

Question about the Ambient Lighting...

Is it supposed to be on while driving? I assumed so. Sitting in the car with the engine on at the dealer, we were checking things out. We set a color and raised the level to max. It was so sunny out we couldn't see anything; we figured I'd see it later. But later, I never saw it until I shut the engine off.

I thought the whole point was "Ambiance." :wub:

Not sure where the picture came from but my screen is not the same. I have 7 vs 5 on the previous picture. The power button is also differant.

Ambient Screen

Edited by wilsons66604

I've had my MKX for almost a month. Absolutely love it. Pretty much everything works as advertised. I can stream audio from my Blackberry including Pandora (but no corresponding Sync App) over Bluetooth. Voice commands work somewhat inconsistently, but better than most. Air conditioned seats are simply awesome. MyLincoln Touch system is incredible, and will be less dangerous after I learn how to use it :-)... The rearview camera and reverse sensing system is spot on - I can back into my garage without even turning my head. SelectShift transmission enables rocket mode - pretty impressive AWD launch for such a heavy vehicle. THX + HD Radio sounds great.

A couple quirks/questions:

•  
  • I cannot get the key fobs programmed to move to the driver 1 or 2 positions accordingly - even followed the steps in the manual for the Intelligent Access Memory feature (seat, mirrors and steering column). Anyone else have problems with this or did it just work? The dealer was clueless and the service tech had never even seen the '11 key fobs, so I'm scared to send it to service just for this...
  • The promo videos for the Touch system illustrated a built in web browser listed in the Sync Apps - where is it or how do I get it? Note I did get the system to connect to my wireless access point and in turn act as a wireless hotspot that I could connect to with my laptop - but to have a web browser built in would be very cool and useful to access sans a laptop...Promos also showed Pandora and Twitter Sync Apps - where are they???
  • If you turn on heated seats and turn off/exit the vehicle the heated seats don't turn on automagically when you re-enter/restart the vehicle, however the heated steering wheel does turn on automagically...
  • Yellow BLIS light is a bit difficult to see in daylight.
  • If I can connect to my own wireless access point, why can't Ford enable automated updates of Sync over the web just like they do on the assembly line?
  • The hazard light button is positioned poorly. It's right in the center of the console under the Touch screen, where people tend to rest their hand and inadvertently turn them on. I had to pull over to figure out how/where the hazard light button was...

If anyone has had success with the key fob memory feature, please share your experience.